Thread: Louise Bourgeois

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Louise Bourgeois

To be an artist, you need to exist in a world of silence.

It is not so much where my motivation comes from but rather how it manages to survive.

I came from a family of repairers. The spider is a repairer. If you bash into the web of a spider, she doesn’t get mad. She weaves and repairs it.

I am not what I am, I am what I do with my hands...

The colour blue - that is my colour - and the colour blue means you have left the drabness of day-to-day reality to be transported into - not a world of fantasy, it’s not a world of fantasy - but a world of freedom where you can say what you like and what you don’t like. This has been expressed forever by the colour blue, which is really sky blue.

You learn for yourself not for others, not to show off, not to put the other one down/ learning is your secret, it is all you have, it is the only thing you can call your own. Nobody can take it away…

And what’s the use of talking, if you already know that others don’t feel what you feel?

Every day you have to abandon your past or accept it, and then, if you cannot accept it, you become a sculptor.

He was the wolf, and she was the rational hare, forgiving and accepting him as he was.

Once I was beset by anxiety but I pushed the fear away by studying the sky, determining when the moon would come out and where the sun would appear in the morning.

I do not need the musing of the philosophers to tell me what I am doing. It would be more interesting to let me know why I am doing it.

Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern.

Sometimes it is necessary to make a confrontation – and I like that.

I work like a bee and feel that I accomplish little.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe a Ti-LSi. I like her smile.

edit: ESE