• Ice

0 0%
  • Air

0 0%
  • Earth

1 50.00%
  • Stone

0 0%

Thread: Which Bionicle Element Would You Want to Be?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Which Bionicle Element Would You Want to Be?

Only default answers are allowed because even the snowflake people started out one of the basic six. It doesn't have to match your gender in the default version even if that might feel mildly awkward changing the gender roles or your gender (whichever is more acceptable.) Just pick where you'd want to live and what powers you want.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time the "classical elements" hypothetical question came up for me as a kid, I got water for some reason.

Though it might depend on who's asking it, as the question itself seems like a water-elemental-y kind of what-if to bring up.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Every time the "classical elements" hypothetical question came up for me as a kid, I got water for some reason.

Though it might depend on who's asking it, as the question itself seems like a water-elemental-y kind of what-if to bring up.
    I voted earth and asked the question, so probably. 16t is probably a water-elemental-y forum of people who are trying to network while being passive. I also like stories which take place underwater despite not identifying with elemental water so 16t is Toa Mahri/Barraki and everyone is kind of water while they're here.

My preference for the classical four elements in order:
    Earth
    Fire
    Water
    Air

I always think of air as being a really wussy element limited to gliding around, blowing wind, throwing blades, and being goofy like Lewa from Bionicle or Aang from Avatar, though actual classical sources sometimes make air into more of the primordial power element and earth about being down-to-earth. I'd also feel inclined to take water over fire if it's more of an inward storm element and less of a day at the beach, or in Avatar where to be blunt water seems like the only smart people and I wouldn't even be OK with any other element.
    Last edited by Metamorph; 01-07-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bionicle Earth Elementals: being the most dramatically epic while possibly making the least straightforward sense since 2001. Own all of the wealth and knowledge and just stare down your enemies in the shadows until you bury them alive while surrounding them with tame monsters and wear a robot suit every other day for maximum general appeal.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Bionicles a big deal back in the day? I don't think most people (myself included) know anything about the franchise.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Was Bionicles a big deal back in the day? I don't think most people (myself included) know anything about the franchise.
    Most of my friends liked it, then I think it mostly died out by being too strange for most people to get into as an adult. It kept LEGO alive in the early 2000s and for a while after and now LEGO is struggling again even with all the Star Wars Disney Avengers the LEGO Movie franchise nonsense. There are 40 volumes of canonical books based on it, the same as the average Biblical encyclopedia or Goethe collection. Draw whatever conclusions you'd like.