Thread: Authoritarians and Politics

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Privilege of one kind doesn't negate hardship. You can still have a hard life and be privileged because systemic sexism and racism haven't molded your life the same way it has those of other peope. And that's not saying you were the instigator of those systems. Yes, there seems to be a touch of bitterness or pain here or there in that post by Alonzo, but it's been my experience that a throwing out the message through dismissal when the person who said it was het up.
    *shrug* its not like I'm completely unfamiliar with that sort of thing, so I can empathize.. tho I'm more likely to just dish out tough love. I'm part of a disliked/hated minority in a country that has been a historical rival, living on land that belonged to us before 1918. During communism forced integration was attempted, beatings, persecution, before that during ww2 we tried to kill this nation's soldiers in an attempt to reconquer lost territory (the whole reason for ww2 on our end at least). These days things are much better tho, things gradually got better as I was going through school. Some flareups of dumb-nationalism every now and then on both sides mostly as diversion to hide libshit political blunders that harm everyone in the long run.

Everyone has their own cross to bear. Life is what it is, suck it up and endure / work for a better existence / move to a place where its better. Can't expect the world to change.. plus most ppl from my pov. don't even know how bad things really are or why.

its going to be interesting when women discover that the corporate career life is unappealing meaningless bullshit most men prior just put up with to get laid / feed their families. I'm glad I don't have to engage in that meaningless husk of an existence tbh.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    No? We're talking about completely different things at this point.

It sounded like he was making a "Waaaaah, white people are voluntarily not breeding and therefore going extinct, it's GENOCIDE GUISE! Using condoms is GENOCIDE!" talking point. I could be missing some context though and be completely wrong, but seeing as he's the guy in here making very vehement stances about IQ statistics, I had to assume that was the fake "genocide" he was alluding to. I don't know. Maybe I'm not even arguing against the thing I thought I was.
    Ya exactly I thought you were being sarcastic or at least part not sure here due to other stances you’ve held
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Shut the fuck up, not being incentivized to breed until the planet can no longer sustain you is not genocide.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Ya exactly I thought you were being sarcastic or at least part not sure here due to other stances you’ve held
    I'll work on being less wrong.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway I just realized that this person seems to think that white people AND African people are going to all go extinct and that only Asians and Arabs will be left behind, maybe. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    When the white Race dies, everything of value will die.
    Africans will never make it, we had socrates and plato thousands of years ago, so don't tell me that time will fix them, evolution would fix them, but there has to be a lot of dying for this to take effect, the juice is not worth the squeeze.
    @Alonzo for some lulz when/if he comes back ever

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway I just realized that this person seems to think that white people AND African people are going to all go extinct and that only Asians and Arabs will be left behind, maybe. LOL
    FYI: https://nationalinterest.org/feature...g-africa-66421

Depends on what China has in mind.. the place can become another proxy-war zone where geopolitical players fight each-other for their own interests, kinda like the middle-east today.

“We’ve had bad people before. The whites were bad, the Indians were worse, but the Chinese are worst of all.”

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post

Depends on what China has in mind.. the place can become another proxy-war zone where geopolitical players fight each-other for their own interests, kinda like the middle-east today.

“We’ve had bad people before. The whites were bad, the Indians were worse, but the Chinese are worst of all.”
    Honestly Chinese are like rich whites, but without even white people SJW morals. They basically will have to be economically incentivized to not destroy black African people, I agree.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for reminding me why I hate political 'scientists'.

China is in Africa...to control its resources, people, and potential.
    Real hard-hitting analysis there. This is the entire fucking article. Some moron spend years of his life in grad school for this.

LMAO.

The rest of the article is filled with this sort of thing:
    The Chinese pollute the local environment with impunity, resulting in children born with deformities, the poisoning of livestock, destruction of fertile land, and the pollution of rivers.
    Yeah, this is what every fucking industry of every fucking nationality does when given the opportunity. No one points to BP and goes around talking about "the British polluting the local environment with impunity..." Meanwhile the imperialism the author condemns China for is the exact same shit that Europe and the US have engaged in for over a century (including to China itself), and in many places, continuing to this day (again, including in Africa); why does The National Interest not write similar articles about France?

From its About page:

Until recently, however, liberal hawks and neoconservatives have successfully attempted to stifle debate by arguing that prudence about the use of American power abroad was imprudent—by, in short, disparaging realism as a moribund doctrine that is wholly inimical to American idealism.... But today, as Russia, China, and Iran assess and act upon their own perceived national interests, Washington must attempt to understand those nations as they understand themselves.
    Oh. It's published by spooks.

This shit rots your brain. Shoot every political 'scientist' you meet.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 08-06-2020 at 06:31 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post

Real hard-hitting analysis there. This is the entire fucking article. Some moron spend years of his life in grad school for this.

LMAO.

Yeah, this is what every fucking industry of every fucking nationality does when given the opportunity. No one points to BP and goes around talking about "the British polluting the local environment with impunity..." Meanwhile the imperialism the author condemns China for is the exact same shit that Europe and the US have engaged in for over a century (including to China itself), and in many places, continuing to this day (again, including in Africa); why does The National Interest not write similar articles about France?

From its About page:

Oh

If I were Chinese with a demographic issue (overpopulation) to solve and Africa was up for grabs through debt. I'd certainly deploy a strategy which involves building the infrastructure, moving people there and displacing the locals. Esp since they can't fight back and the place is rich in every resource we'd ever need. Just set up shop and move in, out compete the locals, claim all land and resources over time.

Lol, France tests vaccines on their (? ex) African colonies.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Chinese with a demographic issue (overpopulation) to solve and Africa was up for grabs through debt. I'd certainly deploy a strategy which involves building the infrastructure, moving people there and displacing the locals. Esp since they can't fight back and the place is rich in every resource we'd ever need. Just set up shop and move in, out compete the locals, claim all land and resources over time.

Lol, France tests vaccines on their (? ex) African colonies.
    I don't think most people realize how firmly France keeps its grip on most of its (ostensibly) former colonies. I hadn't heard that though.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Analyzing that sort of career in media/books/etc and the psychological effects, the drive for it, has been a hot topic for years, decades even. Most everyone knows this and it's not rocket science. Money money money, sex sex sex, provide provide provide, die die die. The circle of life as God intended[/U].
    I don't believe in God, but ppl will do whatever works.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Authoritarians will wreck the world and non-authoritarians will try to fix it. It is basically what you've seen for the past forty years in US politics.

Bush attacks the Middle East, Clinton makes trade deals, Bush II attacks the Middle East and Afghanistan, Obama tries to make trade and nuclear disarmament deals, Trump attacks the Middle East.

It's a lot like the US deficit. Republican president lowers taxes on the rich while raising defense spending and reducing welfare benefits thus blowing up the deficit, Democrat does the opposite and gets a budget surplus, rinse, repeat.

Jimmy Carter put solar panels on the White House roof as a symbol of his administration's efforts to reduce Global Warming, Reagan had them removed, citing "government over-regulation".

It's pretty clear, I'd say.

But I really do recommend reading the original reference.
    Bruh. The middle east has been under american imperialism under every administration since israel became a state.

Also the hate for authoritarianism = not Se valuing

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously. Think of all the people protesting who see Trump admin as authoritarian. You think Beta doesn't have a large part in this revolution?

After Trump was elected a lot of the same sorts were out chanting "no fascist USA." When I saw them I saw Beta burning brightly.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree the word privilege isn't very useful. It tends to cause defensive responses from the privileged while subtly implying we should all have nothing. There are certain things that end up being called "privileges" that should simply be rights for everyone. For instance I don't look at it as the middle class is "privileged" exactly, I look at it as poverty is unacceptable for human beings. To not live in poverty is a right, and if the world can't make that happen it should be working towards it (not in a fake way in which nothing is accomplished, but a real way in which progress is measured and transparent).

The word tends to sink through the mind and it does have an effect. It requires countless caveats of reminding oneself what it doesn't necessarily mean. I of course don't have a better word, and it's not only the word, I agree the framing is counter-productive in general.

But who knows, maybe it's working better than I see. I mean the middle class IS privileged in the grand scheme of things, and this will be more clearly perceived by the poor. These ideas are mixed though with surrendering one's privilege and surrendering something that should simply be the basic standard of living of course isn't the way. And it's not what is meant, it's just the language around it could be better. But maybe it brings an edge with it that interrupts the mind--it's an uncomfortable word and perhaps that keeps it from fading from significance in some way.

I don't mind the word for the super rich and powerful as they shouldn't have so much power over everyone. That's not right IMO for such a tiny minority to have vast control over everyone else.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-06-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    Yeah, go on acting from above while arguing like a fourth grader.
    What you are saying is not relevant at all.
    There are proven Differences in all those Areas and those Areas matter a lot.

It's not your people being genocided so please understand that i am a little bit more bothered by those things than you may are.
    no. there are observed correlations at times. and sbbds' argument made sense.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. there are observed correlations at times. and sbbds' argument made sense.
    No, it was some Ti bullshit-deductive logic trying to relativize the objective differences that have been proven.

If she was LSI i would understand her being Te ignoring but she is supposed to have it as a demonstrative so why should you let count something on the level of a Ti hidden agenda of a Te-Polr in regrard to actually existing information.

If it has been proven that 2+2=4 you don't need anybody to say that this does not matter because in logical system XY someone says that x equates to b if l = 5

Its just bullshit, nothing more, nothing less.

congratulations, i just saw that the a source i used to be posting has been retracted out of ideological reasons, you people are really going full 1984 now. They are using minor mistakes and a stance on hereditary factors instead of sociological, which has been an ongoing debate in science as a reason to put down a controversial study only because it could hurt the fee fees of the poor minorities. This is such a fucking nightmare and you are contributing to it like you were doing good. You will rot in hell and make it more and more unattainable for the people going against you every day.
    Last edited by Itsme; 08-07-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    If there is a quadra somehow connected to hardcore authoritarianism of old school variety, it's unfortunately beta (but, then, #notallbetas and kudos to betas into democracy). Gammas are usually very individualistic and hold democratic, so no, wtf, read theory. Deltas in theory are more hierarchical, but their hierarchies are not of that variety, much more of 'natural abilities' and 'who has this ability, can do this and this', without imposing by Se. More like 'different and thus a bit hierarchical, but still coll and united' variety, if healthy ofc.
    Power structures and dominance hierarchies = Se

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gamma Se is different from beta Se, as Se in gamma is paired with Fi. In any system and socionics interpretation, really.
    Nope Se is Se

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, Aries sign Fire element pal. See it as you wish.

(even when you can read about anywhere how betaish hierarchic structure comes specifically from that Se+Ti combo, Ti needed)
    Se is still Se.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO.

From its About page:

Oh. It's published by spooks.

Nah I don’t think so. The Chinese are pretty bad (me speaking as a Chinese here), because they have a history of poverty with only a recent taste of Westernization leaving them wanting more. On top of that, they have Confucianist, and largely collectivist values. Remember that collectivism increases in-group empathy and decreases out-group empathy. Social science is not a fake science.

Note that this is not about “race” (note that I specifically pinpoint China and don’t say all East Asians) but about the economic and political circumstances, and culture.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I agree the word privilege isn't very useful. It tends to cause defensive responses from the privileged while subtly implying we should all have nothing. There are certain things that end up being called "privileges" that should simply be rights for everyone. For instance I don't look at it as the middle class is "privileged" exactly, I look at it as poverty is unacceptable for human beings. To not live in poverty is a right, and if the world can't make that happen it should be working towards it (not in a fake way in which nothing is accomplished, but a real way in which progress is measured and transparent).

The word tends to sink through the mind and it does have an effect. It requires countless caveats of reminding oneself what it doesn't necessarily mean. I of course don't have a better word, and it's not only the word, I agree the framing is counter-productive in general.

But who knows, maybe it's working better than I see. I mean the middle class IS privileged in the grand scheme of things, and this will be more clearly perceived by the poor. These ideas are mixed though with surrendering one's privilege and surrendering something that should simply be the basic standard of living of course isn't the way. And it's not what is meant, it's just the language around it could be better. But maybe it brings an edge with it that interrupts the mind--it's an uncomfortable word and perhaps that keeps it from fading from significance in some way.

I don't mind the word for the super rich and powerful as they shouldn't have so much power over everyone. That's not right IMO for such a tiny minority to have vast control over everyone else.
    Try to have said this post without writing the word “privileged” lol.

It’s not the word itself that’s triggering but the entire concept. It erases individuality and creates the notion that regular people are personally responsible for things out of their scope of control, and should be somehow punished for it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think most people realize how firmly France keeps its grip on most of its (ostensibly) former colonies. I hadn't heard that though.
    I agree that that’s bad, but there’s a difference between colonizing people decades/centuries ago in the “dark ages”, and doing it now still in 2020. I think the government of China / people regulating these things (not the race itself but many of the people there who grew up in that environment and culture) are morally and ethically inferior.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO.
    Also, I don’t see why you’re laughing at this, because they’re the words of the former Zambian Agricultural Minister and President of Zambia*, not of the article author.

Edit: I actually researched him some more because his name “Guy Scott” sounded white as fuck lol, and he’s indeed white and looks ILI to me. So he’s by default politically/personally invested in saying Chinese and Indians are worse then whites lol.

But I still think what he’s saying is objectively true lol based on how poorly a lot of Chinese have treated their own people in developing areas with factories, and how they treat those of darker skin tone and out-group peoples in general, in countries like Indonesia and Singapore. And of course I have my own personal experience.
    Last edited by sbbds; 08-08-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm again reading your posts and again seeing the same theme: you are failing at catching some nuance with what you absorb as facts. You seem to hold some of these as not disputable even when you are confronted with contrary evidence directly. This is not a trait of someone with high process logic, a.ka. Te. Te is a constantly updating and fact-checking function, especially paired with Ni. You do fail at fact-checking and sorting out which information should be trusted and whether to update it or not. Instead, you cling to a pretty black-or-white Ti-derivative worldview (I doubt this is strong Ti as well, more of a /clinging/ thing, basing everything on some 'rules and assumptions and truthhssss' and doing fallbacks to a faulty system/interpretation, like: 'this can't be true because it's from a Marxist university' by you thoughts, but some random-ass right-wing blog is just fine), and sometimes try to skew the data to fit that worldview (but without much success or dedication: when someone presses you just a bit, you become upset and go on with 'you are rude and ESE' or 'you will rot in hell').

If you are indeed a Te type, please learn statistics and what can be hold as reputable/'proven'/probable and what not. Please start with correlations and how they are multi-faceted and don't imply causation. As a Te type you should intuitively grasp it from the start (kinda), but if you don't just read about it. Statistics as a field is full of Te-ego types, you should feel very welcome.
    l
    I was about to point out that Ni allows me to wonder instantly about cause and effect and to see the language of symbols...It also helps me to pay attention to the inability for the studies that Itsme is referencing to show genetics (not enslavement and broad subjugation of peoples for half a millennia) are the actual root of test score differences between races. It's just basic science that you can't make a determination about a variable when you aren't holding other variables steady across the control as well, and those studies didn't study samples which survived the same resource inequities from all 'races'. Lenore of the greenlightwiki had great descriptions of Ni as an info element. It's not 'in the box' thinking, nor outside the box thinking but more analysing the box thinking.

Itsme may be any type. But, I was taken aback at the acceptance of such a demonstrably dubious and highly simplistic conclusion, so I did have a thought just now that Itsme might not be LIE. It may be a lack of opportunity when it comes to experience and certain venues of education and training. That can be accessed in future, though. Itsme isn't stuck.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to have said this post without writing the word “privileged” lol.

It’s not the word itself that’s triggering but the entire concept. It erases individuality and creates the notion that regular people are personally responsible for things out of their scope of control, and should be somehow punished for it.
    The word isn't blaming someone. It's reminding them they have more resources.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah I don’t think so. The Chinese are pretty bad (me speaking as a Chinese here), because they have a history of poverty with only a recent taste of Westernization leaving them wanting more. On top of that, they have Confucianist, and largely collectivist values. Remember that collectivism increases in-group empathy and decreases out-group empathy. Social science is not a fake science.

Note that this is not about “race” (note that I specifically pinpoint China and don’t say all East Asians) but about the economic and political circumstances, and culture.
    oooo...that's helpful to see some perspectives some of them may have...thank you

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word isn't blaming someone. It's reminding them they have more resources.
    Agreed lol, I think most people just automatically feel it projects some blame

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another source: https://psmag.com/news/authoritarian...trump-triggers, this time it's related to Haidt's research.

On the threat of multiculturalism:

"The things that multiculturalists believe will help people appreciate and thrive in democracy—appreciating difference, talking about difference, displaying and applauding difference—are the very conditions that encourage authoritarians not to heights of tolerance, but to their intolerant extremes," they write.

On the differences between conservatives and authoritarians, and why conservatives are amenable to democracy, very concisely put:

You can think of status quo conservatism as an aversion to difference over time (things being changeable, unsettled, or uncertain), as opposed to authoritarianism, which is an aversion to difference across space (things being complex, varied, or disordered). This distinction matters for the preservation of liberal democracy, because status-quo conservatives will be inclined to defend and preserve an established regime of diversity and freedom, so long as it is authoritatively supported, institutionally entrenched, consensually accepted, and a source of social stability.

I have always suspected that the economic argument against immigration is bunk, and so do they:

My strong sense from the best available evidence is that fears around racial identity/race relations/immigration, moral permissiveness/”moral decay,” political conflict/dissent, etc., are sometimes displaced onto, or expressed as, economic fears.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the source, more democracy makes these people less reassured, not more. The United States just happens to be one of the most democratic countries in history, wherein even Sheriffs are elected.

A large part of the problem is that America actually has too much democracy for the tastes of a third of its population. Consider there are three separate branches of government purposely set in permanent opposition to one another. The U.S., of course, also has many levels of government, with voters passing judgment on all, from the president right down to the school board and dog catcher. Thus, there are constant demands for electoral participation and endless exposure to political debate, dispute, and conflict. This is indeed a vibrant democracy, but you have to understand it is simultaneously, for the same reasons, anathema to authoritarians.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123