TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you think my type is?

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KuRZ0fWy7v4

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I install TVs and home theater systems. It's not a passion of mine or anything, but it pays well and has a consistent schedule. It's difficult to find steady work that doesn't make you work 60 hours a week where I live. I suppose I could move, but I hate working and I don't think I would want to do something I like for money. Turning something into an obligation takes the fun out of it.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies?Why do you do them?

I almost always have music playing, unless I'm watching a video or playing a game. I adore music (I tend to prefer the more“intellectual” genres, like classical and jazz, but I love all kinds of music), can play the piano a little, and have tried composing.
    For games, I prefer RPGs and strategy games, especially if they'return-based. If it has a good story and gameplay that allows me to plan and think (I suck at FPS's and fighting games), I'll probably like it.
    I love stories, especially sci-fi/fantasy, but I also love slice-of-life/drama. I'm a sucker for time travel stories. I'm more concerned with characters than the plot. In general, I prefer animation to live action.
    If I read, it's usually to get information. I like novels, but I just think images/sounds are more powerful.

What are your values, and why?

This is difficult for me to answer. I don't think a lot about this because I feel like I “just know” my values, so it's difficult for me to put into words. One thing I do value is kindness, gentleness. I have difficulty putting up with stupid people, but I can do it if they're kind. I have no patience for people who are dumb and mean.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

This is also difficult for me to answer. With friends and family I feel like I either connect with them or I don't, so I don't think a lot about relationships. If I do, it's usually like, “I should hang outwith/text/call/talk with them more.” When I connect with someone, I really like them (almost unconditionally), but I have trouble maintaining relationships. I may want to do more with someone, but I also don't want to impose. If someone says I can “come over anytime, no need to call” (or something along those lines), I never really believe them. If they don't take the social initiative (at least at first), I will probably not get close to them, even if I want to.
    There are only a few people I feel completely comfortable with. My best friend, for example. We can not talk for weeks (he lives on the other side of the country currently), but then pick up where we left off as if nothing happened.
    I can't define what makes me connect with someone. I wish I could,because then maybe I could exercise more control over my relationships. It's something I recognize on an intuitive level.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I don't really look for anything, other than that “connection.” In romantic relationships, I need physical attraction as well. To me,the only real difference between friendship and romance is the added sexual component.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I have some conflicts with my coworker. We have very different work styles, and sometimes I legitimately don't know what he wants from me(even if he asks directly; it's like he speaks another language sometimes). When communication breaks down, he throws a tantrum, and I shut down. I almost never have conflicts with people (I'm actually really good at getting along with others, at least superficially),and I can't remember the last time I had a conflict with someone other than my coworker.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

I guess I'm good at thinking about things. I feel I can understand almost any concept. I also feel I'm good at appreciating music,discerning the songwriter's/composer's motives and emotions they want to get across, and analyzing the effectiveness of the structure of the music. People have told me I'm hardworking, thoughtful, and conscientious.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others?What do you dislike about yourself?

I lack self-discipline and have trouble doing practical things regularly. I'm unsure how to take care of myself. I don't usually hear criticism from others, I think partially because I am overly careful to not do things that bring criticism (I'm very sensitive to it, but I try not to let it show) and partially because people tend to overly polite in my part of the country. If I am criticized, it's because I didn't do X (some practical task, like mowing the lawn) or I rushed a task and didn't do a thorough enough job. I tend to be quiet, and sometimes get called out for being too quiet.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

Well,I guess I'm good at arriving at appointments on time. I'm almost never late. Honestly, there's very little I feel I “manage.” I feel like I'm improvising most of the time.
    I would like help in social activity and practical matters. I feel pretty helpless socially, and I find chores overwhelming.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

As I said before, I don't like working. I also don't like all the annoying little necessities of life, like cleaning, cooking, or taxes. I despise yard work.
    For things I like, music is obviously at the top. But I also love traveling, and doing things (can be almost anything) with people I love. For example, I recently saw the latest Star Wars movie twice,not because I especially liked it, but because it was an excuse to be with friends.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

I don't really have any. This has always been a problem for me, and kind of embarrassing. I tend to get too wrapped up in my imagination, or whatever interesting thing is near me and I forget to plan ahead.I have a couple things I would like to do (visit Japan, find a special someone), but I don't think I would call them goals. I don't have a plan to go about achieving them. It's more like, if the opportunity strikes, I'll do it, if not, too bad.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

Travel.Do some volunteer work. Provide for family members.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don't really know. I think my preferences are pretty consistent with others. I am very accepting and usually don't judge others unless they're a total scumbag.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

Not much. I clean, I guess. Managing my environment is a pain, and I don't care enough to much about it.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

I like situations where I'm able to help people. For example, I volunteered at an event once and was assigned to help the elderly and disabled find seating. It involved watching over everyone in my area,making sure no one was injured or had a medical emergency. It made me feel like I was actually benefiting others.

How do you behave around strangers?

Polite,but restrained. I don't interact with strangers unless I have to.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

If someone comes after me, I'm more confused than anything. Like, what did I ever do to you? Are they messing around, or are they serious?I'm almost never the aggressor, so I've either done something offensive by accident or it's an unprovoked attack. I will try to calm down the situation, and I'll leave if that doesn't work. Being aggressive in return is a last resort, but it is an option.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes.I tend to get preoccupied with what I'm doing and forget to plan ahead for other things. If it gets bad enough it makes me depressed and feel trapped, but then I take steps to get out of the rut (travel somewhere, see what my friends are up to).

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

No, too much of a hassle.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I usually keep things simple. I don't understand people who spend a lot of time in front of a mirror. Although, I love looking good and I know how to dress well, but it isn't a priority for me.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

I was willful, self-centered, and sneaky. If I wanted something, I would find a way to get it. For example, my dad didn't want me to have my laptop in my room. So I figured out the best time to sneak it in. Timeouts never worked on me because I would just walk away from the timeout area. As an adult, I've learned to be more judicious in getting what I want, because getting something can hurt other people or at least your relationship with them. Now, I would rather have someone's trust than Object A, B, or C.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

I like kids on a case-by-case basis. Some kids are great, others suck. Although, I don't relate to kids very well in general. I have always been better at interacting with adults.
    ---
    I'm really interested in what you guys think my type is. If you have any questions, I'll answer as best I can. If possible, I'd like to know the reasoning behind your typing.
    Last edited by jackjack; 12-31-2019 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Now with video! yaaaaay

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added a link to a video for easier typing.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t read what you wrote nor viewed entire video but just from a quick impression which is all I have the time for today I would suggest to look closer at the SLI type followed perhaps by the LII type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From your video, SLI-Te.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I haven't considered SLI before, so that's really interesting. What points to that over LII?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What kind of drama? That was kind of my personal throwaway from SLI.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're talking about my friend's mom? It was pretty typical office drama. For example, some new lady was complaining her work space wasn't big enough or something and was making a huge fuss over it. It wasn't like my friend's mom was trying to involve me in the drama. It was more like she was telling a funny story she thought I would appreciate.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    We're talking about my friend's mom? It was pretty typical office drama. For example, some new lady was complaining her work space wasn't big enough or something and was making a huge fuss over it. It wasn't like my friend's mom was trying to involve me in the drama. It was more like she was telling a funny story she thought I would appreciate.
    Yeah so it is not about big expression of emotions and stuff like giving huge variety of immediate changes – let it be even disruptive. You viewed someone who can do problem solving in interpersonal relations as an interesting quality. That would probably be your run off the mill IEE. SLI makes more sense now.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Yeah so it is not about big expression of emotions and stuff like giving huge variety of immediate changes – let it be even disruptive. You viewed someone who can do problem solving in interpersonal relations as an interesting quality. That would probably be your run off the mill IEE. SLI makes more sense now.
    Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ti > SLI-Si > LII-Ne

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    ILE-Ti > SLI-Si > LII-Ne
    What points to ILE?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take my opinion with a grain of salt; I'm not a great typer. But I also agree with the majority typing of SLI. From your video, you actually remind me of an acquaintance/distant friend I have.

Here are a few things from your post that jumped out at me:

I install TVs and home theater systems. It's not a passion of mine or anything, but it pays well and has a consistent schedule. It's difficult to find steady work that doesn't make you work 60 hours a week where I live. I suppose I could move, but I hate working and I don't think I would want to do something I like for money. Turning something into an obligation takes the fun out of it.

This on its own doesn't say much, but your reaction to quite a lot in the rest of your post seems muted. Si bases frequently have an attitude of "meh" towards most things in life. Strong expressions are rare.

For games, I prefer RPGs and strategy games, especially if they're turn-based. If it has a good story and gameplay that allows me to plan and think (I suck at FPS's and fighting games), I'll probably like it.
    I love stories, especially sci-fi/fantasy, but I also love slice-of-life/drama. I'm a sucker for time travel stories. I'm more concerned with characters than the plot. In general, I prefer animation to live action. If I read, it's usually to get information. I like novels, but I just think images/sounds are more powerful.
    I almost always have music playing, unless I'm watching a video or playing a game. I adore music (I tend to prefer the more“intellectual” genres, like classical and jazz, but I love all kinds of music), can play the piano a little, and have tried composing.

The bolded represents weak, valued Fi blocked with Ne. Delta STs are some of the greatest fantasy-lovers out there, and can get fairly immersed in imaginary worlds. If they play video games, they tend to spend a lot of time on RPGs. Ne egos, from my experience, tend to get bored with those sorts of games quickly. As for literature, Ne egos often begin to read by reading fantasy, but quickly get tired of the stale tropes present generally in fantasy, and grow to prefer more 'mold-breaking' books that more better satisfy their Ne-drive for unusuality. Si egos, on the other hand, want Ne handed to them on a platter, and are more happy with anything outside their everyday lived experiences. A way to explain this would be to say that Si egos (particularly Si-bases) want to be immersed in a world of ideas, and seek out experiences through their Si which help them towards this goal. Ne egos actually do live in a world of ideas, and don't need any stimulation in this regard.

Your appreciation for 'fine' music is another hint at an S function in your ego block.

I have some conflicts with my coworker. We have very different work styles, and sometimes I legitimately don't know what he wants from me(even if he asks directly; it's like he speaks another language sometimes). When communication breaks down, he throws a tantrum, and I shut down. I almost never have conflicts with people (I'm actually really good at getting along with others, at least superficially),and I can't remember the last time I had a conflict with someone other than my coworker.

I can't think of a Socionical reason for this right now, but this isn't common behavior for LIIs, ILEs, or Alphas in general, if "shut down" means what I think it does (though you could link this to Stratiyevskaya's Complex of Closed Mouth -- Alphas always want to open their traps) (also, I’ve seen LIIs instantly stop participating in something (e.g. a conversation or game) when attacked, but I wouldn’t describe it as “shutting down”). I'm honestly not sure how every type tends to act in this kind of situation, but I get the impression Deltas at least do have a tendency to act like this.

I lack self-discipline and have trouble doing practical things regularly. I'm unsure how to take care of myself. I don't usually hear criticism from others, I think partially because I am overly careful to not do things that bring criticism (I'm very sensitive to it, but I try not to let it show) and partially because people tend to overly polite in my part of the country. If I am criticized, it's because I didn't do X (some practical task, like mowing the lawn) or I rushed a task and didn't do a thorough enough job. I tend to be quiet, and sometimes get called out for being too quiet.

Again, Socionically, I don't have a reason for why this might be different for a Te ego than a Ti ego, but I think Ti egos don't tend to worry about whether other people might criticize them. It might be that introverted functions are more "automatic" in a sense, and so criticize themselves first, while extraverted functions have to be more consciously exerted, or it might just be that Te isn't inwardly-focused, but being habitually worried about others' criticism isn't at all common for Ti egos.

Another reason I could think of is Si people's comparatively intense dislike of unpleasantness.

I like situations where I'm able to help people. For example, I volunteered at an event once and was assigned to help the elderly and disabled find seating. It involved watching over everyone in my area,making sure no one was injured or had a medical emergency. It made me feel like I was actually benefiting others.

This is very Delta.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 01-01-2020 at 09:46 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thank you. That explains why I always tested as an intuitive type (especially EII) but never quite identified with the descriptions.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    What points to ILE?
    Only VI. Based on the content of what you're saying you would seem more delta, probably SLI. Do you know your enneagram type ?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Only VI. Based on the content of what you're saying you would seem more delta, probably SLI. Do you know your enneagram type ?
    9w1.

In general, I identify more with Delta than Alpha.