View Poll Results: Coeruleum's Type

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filthy alpha know-it-all

    4 26.67%
  • Filthy beta aristocrat

    6 40.00%
  • Coeruleum is not merely a natural human being

    5 33.33%
  • I loathe Coeruleum with my shriveled soul

    4 26.67%
  • Socionics can't into real

    8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 143

Thread: Type Coeruleum

  1. #41
    voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    TIM
    SEE-Fi sx/sp
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You don’t think what people expressedly like can point towards their values? What’s a better way?
    Liking a post about something =/= expressing a desire to have said thing in their life. Better way is to ask them.

  2. #42
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Liking a post about something =/= expressing a desire to have said thing in their life. Better way is to ask them.
    Okay...if you say so. What does liking a post mean then?

  3. #43
    voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    TIM
    SEE-Fi sx/sp
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Okay...if you say so. What does liking a post mean then?
    Expressing momentarily amusement, which may mean agreement, but sometimes does not. Being impressed by something. Thinking the wording is funny, creative etc. Liking that sick own. Can mean many more things than explicitly saying "ah yes, I am exactly the same as this."

  4. #44
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Expressing momentarily amusement, which may mean agreement, but sometimes does not. Being impressed by something. Thinking the wording is funny, creative etc. Liking that sick own. Can mean many more things than explicitly saying "ah yes, I am exactly the same as this."
    If you are amused by or “like” something... then why is that not a good way to look for what people value? Do you think say, Director Abbie, would like exactly the same kinds of sick owns all the time as, say, flames? It’s certainly a much more organic and scientific manner of doing it than asking them, where they are already going to be fully aware of what archetypes indicate certain types.

  5. #45
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ xXdedXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Hell
    TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,387
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sometimes press like not because I like or agree with what they're saying, but because they make a fair point, or I respect their passion. Maybe I'm just crazy.

  6. #46
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    How much of "poorly resolved and ill thought out" is only your personal opinion though?

    Ofc I recognise poor Si lol, ILE also has 1d Si. No doubt there. I don't see how EIE fits tho, Ti aside,
    It is very clear to me that coer has 4D Fe/Ne and 1D Si/Ti. Coer is using both Ne and Fe in a way that it exceeds standardized social norms, hence both IEs aren't two dimensional. I can't see 3D Ti. I have seen EIEs who are more explicit about their Ti-seeking and I have seen EIEs who wants to appear more efficient at it. Just to note that, the ones who are more explicit actually more all over the place when they are explaining themselves or a phenomenon. I think coer could explain herself more clearly, however, Ti isn't equal to expressing yourself clearly. In overall, all representatives of each type would be different due to different enneagram type, stacking and subtype, hence they will have a different level of accentuated IEs and they will represent themselves differently. Hence, it isn't valid to type someone as another type because of different preferred representation.

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    because they have Se HA and the way coer goes about attacking is very subversive. Sort of like making fun of you publicly rather than a personal attack, which is what I associate with Se. "Look at this fool, everyone!" rather than "You fool." it's clear in your arguments, the little I've read of them, that there's a difference in how you attack and how coer does. EIE will be showy with their strength.. Like LIE is. And you may say this is because of logic, but I think it isn't, because my eyes glaze over just the same when reading both of your long winded responses. Lol. Just what I've noticed.
    This kind of attack make sense for 2D Se, plus if coer is indeed a Fe-dom and so first, coer's Se will manifest itself by attempts to diminish her targets socially since Se in social hierarchy is more valued than personalized attack. Fi valuers (especially Fi>Fe) with so last more prone to attempt to personalized attacks. However, Se role also does this.

    Both ENFx makes sense for coer. I don't see any Fi, but it isn't the only reason that I think coer is EIE, since same behavior can be explained in terms of NeFe or FeNe. I agree with Alonzo, coer manifest DA cognition and Ne of coer is very synthetical, coer combines different kinds of perception in order to create somehow a completely different perception. Ne- of IEE generally manifests itself with finding alternative perception, pointing a single essence of perception much more than synthetical perception. Hence, I strongly think that coer is EIE instead of IEE.

    I am thinking C or D in terms of coer's DCHN type. I am still undecided about her subtype in two subtype system any opinions?

  7. #47
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelFireWizard666 View Post
    I sometimes press like not because I like or agree with what they're saying, but because they make a fair point, or I respect their passion. Maybe I'm just crazy.
    You thinking they make a fair point or respecting them, means you like or agree with at least some aspect of their post’s atmosphere, or a part of what they’re saying, at least..

  8. #48
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ xXdedXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Hell
    TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,387
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You thinking they make a fair point or respecting them, means you like or agree with at least some aspect of their post’s atmosphere, or a part of what they’re saying, at least..
    No, it might also mean that they make a fair point (logically sound) or that I respect their passion, like I said. Logically sound =/= true or agreeable.

  9. #49
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelFireWizard666 View Post
    Logically sound =/= true or agreeable.
    WHAT

  10. #50
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ xXdedXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Hell
    TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,387
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    WHAT
    Yeah, it's true. An argument can be logically sound, but still false. A good argument is one that is logically sound and truthful.

  11. #51
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelFireWizard666 View Post
    No, it might also mean that they make a fair point (logically sound) or that I respect their passion, like I said. Logically sound =/= true or agreeable.
    Ok this fucks me up. But in any case, liking a post (except in the case of accidental likes) should mean that there is SOME aspect of the post (or poster) that you value. Or that it’s some political action, such as done sarcastically.

    Edit: Oh ok. Formal logic /lalaland bubble-esque logical is not the same as overall logical to me and in the layman’s sense of it.

  12. #52
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "The bluestocking is the most odious character in society...she sinks wherever she is placed, like the yolk of an egg, to the bottom, and carries the filth with her."

  13. #53
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
    "The bluestocking is the most odious character in society...she sinks wherever she is placed, like the yolk of an egg, to the bottom, and carries the filth with her."
    Does this look like a “direct Se HA” insult to you @voider ? He is copypasting lines from poems.

    Or is he a mistyped IxE...

  14. #54
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Does this look like a “direct Se HA” insult to you @voider ? He is copypasting lines from poems.

    Or is he a mistyped IxE...
    William Hazlitt was an essayist. I got it from a wikipedia article.

  15. #55
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, given that I am once again riding the no sleep choo choo train all the way from Wally World to Las Vegas, I’m going to give my greatest effort on compiling a post out of all these clusterfuck replies. Bear with me! I have picked up that to others it seems my Ne base typing is stemming from some type of venomous feelings surrounding her/Ne bases— wrong. It’s just impossible to not be slapped in the face by her Ne all the time and I understand it is the demonstrative function of an Ni creative individual but... When I examine her behavior and compare it to other Ni creatives on here I simply see in her a constant effort in gathering more and more off-the-wall ideas just for the sake of that alone and sharing it with the world... Ne. Ne. Ne. That is all I see. I am able to see the argument for either side (Ni creative vs. Ne base...), and I think sbbds made an especially great argument for it (Alonzo, I think you are very gifted in intuition and explaining the facts of a situation but I thought sbbds Se/Ti observations were spot on, so this brings us to another argument of “Typology is not a perfect system and some people simply DO NOT fit into one type... I am familiar with this myself in my wars waged between EIE and SEE, but not the crossover that is IEE, for me lol.) Anyways, let me a attempt to find the point and runneth along your palms.

    If I really wanted to, I could go through her other posts/threads for more evidence, but what stuck out to me like a sore thumb in this thread was:

    “Social causes are meh”

    This is a tiny statement but it confirms what has been lurking in my head over all this: she does not care about the greater good of the group and the survival of the pack and doing everything, to a neurotic extent, of making it and the emotional environment constantly running. Her use of Fe is just “Look at me! Praise me and everything I have to say” —> Fe HA. And she does so in a totally unfiltered way. ENFx is controversial in general but I would say Ne is by far the more controversial, argumentative, unfiltered punch in this case. EIE has Se HA - they thirst for everything Se base has, underneath their other oriented exterior: shiny things, money, power, glory, looks, etc. They are the ultimate try hards at being “cool” and they compact their Ne with Ni in a way that will make them more easily accessible; there is no great leader without an accessible image and clearly defined messages. As far as I’ve observed, she does not give a grated fuck about any of that- she is scattered to the extreme, does not care about any Se related images, is very vague and unloads things that would not be easily accessible to anyone who isn’t informed on what she’s speaking of (random german shit, etc.).

    Screaming for attention does not make you EIE.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  16. #56
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Ok this fucks me up. But in any case, liking a post (except in the case of accidental likes) should mean that there is SOME aspect of the post (or poster) that you value. Or that it’s some political action, such as done sarcastically.

    Edit: Oh ok. Formal logic /lalaland bubble-esque logical is not the same as overall logical to me and in the layman’s sense of it.
    I tend to overdo the like button on everyone’s post even when I totally disagree on their view —> voider has pointed this out as Fe shenanigans —> what does this say about me?
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  17. #57
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Ok, given that I am once again riding the no sleep choo choo train all the way from Wally World to Las Vegas, I’m going to give my greatest effort on compiling a post out of all these clusterfuck replies. Bear with me! I have picked up that to others it seems my Ne base typing is stemming from some type of venomous feelings surrounding her/Ne bases— wrong. It’s just impossible to not be slapped in the face by her Ne all the time and I understand it is the demonstrative function of an Ni creative individual but... When I examine her behavior and compare it to other Ni creatives on here I simply see in her a constant effort in gathering more and more off-the-wall ideas just for the sake of that alone and sharing it with the world... Ne. Ne. Ne. That is all I see. I am able to see the argument for either side (Ni creative vs. Ne base...), and I think sbbds made an especially great argument for it (Alonzo, I think you are very gifted in intuition and explaining the facts of a situation but I thought sbbds Se/Ti observations were spot on, so this brings us to another argument of “Typology is not a perfect system and some people simply DO NOT fit into one type... I am familiar with this myself in my wars waged between EIE and SEE, but not the crossover that is IEE, for me lol.) Anyways, let me a attempt to find the point and runneth along your palms.

    If I really wanted to, I could go through her other posts/threads for more evidence, but what stuck out to me like a sore thumb in this thread was:

    “Social causes are meh”

    This is a tiny statement but it confirms what has been lurking in my head over all this: she does not care about the greater good of the group and the survival of the pack and doing everything, to a neurotic extent, of making it and the emotional environment constantly running. Her use of Fe is just “Look at me! Praise me and everything I have to say” —> Fe HA. And she does so in a totally unfiltered way. ENFx is controversial in general but I would say Ne is by far the more controversial, argumentative, unfiltered punch in this case. EIE has Se HA - they thirst for everything Se base has, underneath their other oriented exterior: shiny things, money, power, glory, looks, etc. They are the ultimate try hards at being “cool” and they compact their Ne with Ni in a way that will make them more easily accessible; there is no great leader without an accessible image and clearly defined messages. As far as I’ve observed, she does not give a grated fuck about any of that- she is scattered to the extreme, does not care about any Se related images, is very vague and unloads things that would not be easily accessible to anyone who isn’t informed on what she’s speaking of (random german shit, etc.).

    Screaming for attention does not make you EIE.
    I think these are all spot on points you’re making too @flames .

    I feel like in socionics, Fe should in theory not be about caring about the group so much, as just being about emotional expression, especially in EIE. Fe leads have Fi ignoring. They don’t really explicitly care about inner sentiments, or value it more than expression. I very rarely if ever see sincere, personal, heartfelt one-on-one dialogue between coer and other members. It is an internet discussion forum, but any static type with conscious Fi is going to be more personal and hands on. Anyway, I think this bit about the ignoring function is a good addition of info compared to the MBTI/JCF rendition of Fe dominant types. I feel like this distinction is not really exposed or explored enough in socionics. We also don’t have too many people identifying as Fe leading types on this forum.

    Besides the Ne vs. Ne demonstrative stuff, I also can’t see evidence of her valuing Si over having a more hot-cold approach to it, or being drawn to things that seem to represent devaluation of it.

  18. #58
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I think these are all spot on points you’re making too @flames .

    I feel like in socionics, Fe should in theory not be about caring about the group so much, as just being about emotional expression, especially in EIE. Fe leads have Fi ignoring. They don’t really explicitly care about their inner sentiments, or value it more than expression. I think this is a good addition of info compared to the MBTI/JCF rendition of Fe dominant types. I feel like this distinction is not really exposed or explored enough in socionics. We also don’t have too many people identifying as Fe leading types on this forum.

    Besides the Ne vs. Ne demonstrative stuff, I also can’t see evidence of her valuing Si over having a more hot-cold approach to it, or being drawn to things that seem to represent devaluation of it.
    MBTI Fe is certainly a different beast that I have ran my pitchfork at, you’re correct... But that was another thing I was going to bring up: what other EIE is there on here for us to compare her to? I know there were a handful of self identified ones in forums’ past, but NONE of them are anything like her... And if we are to compare me to her, considering mostly everyone up at this point has changed their perception of me through the EIE lens... I value my emotional expression over any inner sentiment but “having a more hot-cold approach to it, or being drawn to things that seem to represent devaluation of it.” is precisely how I would describe my own relationship to Si, as someone who is supposedly Si ignoring.

    If anything, I see her being Fi PoLR because she is totally blind to people’s inner sentiments, not merely just ignoring them.

    Back to Fe, though. Fe values interaction for the purpose of emotional expression or getting hooked on sharing feelings, because sharing a feeling leads to greater expression of a feeling. So, by this nature, they revolve around groups far more than Fi, in either system. Fi is turned off by this and views it as shallow, and their inner sentiments carve through the expression of feelings and shared emotions in a way that makes it more complicated; Fi will be the party pooper, the passive-aggressive, etc. because they value the inner sentiment above all. Fe will get enveloped in a warm, fuzzy feeling because of something great that’s happened in their life and want to go out and party with a group of people and share this emotion with everyone... unless suddenly the party goes cynical, then they will become confused and emulate that feeling because they see it as the main emotion being expressed at the time and they want to express the hell out of it, damn you! ...Fi will have something great happen in their life and simply be happy with that. They might want to go out and party too, but they don’t feel this soul crushing urge to express it with everybody (which, would definitely lead to a group forming. ).

    Hopefully this all made sense.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  19. #59
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    wabbit hole
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    5,069
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Intensity does not indicate competence. Suggestive is usually used where base is in use.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  20. #60
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, there’s @Dauphin for EIEs I guess lol.

  21. #61
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Intensity does not indicate competence.
    You know, this can be easily applied to anything about anyone to twist someone into any type~

    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  22. #62
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Well, there’s @Dauphin for EIEs I guess lol.
    Who, again, I don’t think is anything like her, beyond a superficial “2deep” thing. I find his “intuitive” remarks a lot more blistering and focused compared to how her intuition works (Ni can come off as simultaneously deep and blunt, smothered in bitchy), and his Fe seems quite different. But I think he is actually Ni base TBH. But he is for sure Ni ego, and his posts don’t seem anywhere near as scattered.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  23. #63
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW, I am not closing the EIE option; I was set on IEE, then I briefly agreed with EIE, then back to IEE, now ILE... I am simply comparing what I’ve seen from her over the years to the new things that are being thrown at us. This can take us on a typological rollercoaster, if you will.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  24. #64
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    You know, this can be easily applied to anything about anyone to twist someone into any type~

    I think that’s his point. It’s a response to people typing her Ti ego, I think.

  25. #65
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I think that’s his point. It’s a response to people typing her Ti ego, I think.
    I know it is, I just meant it could be just as easily used as a response to typing her any ego, not just Ti, if we were to nitpick everything she says.

    Or that I could turn it on myself by my own intensity of what would be labeled “X” function and type myself totally different than anything anyone else has typed me as.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  26. #66
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    He is not wrong. Coeruleum doesn't strike me as logical. The only people who type her as such are feelers.

    She has the same energy as Bertnard and Singu.

    It's amusing to me how certain people get typed just by the way they present themselves, even if it's superficial. Half the types on this forum are a joke. They do not make sense. Especially the ones who keep changing theirs every couple of months. Pro tip: If you went through more than three types you are not logical, don't delude yourself. I can't stress this enough. Only feelers think they can be a different type each year and still act like they are sane.
    I've only considered two types so thanks.

  27. #67
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Like what?

    Once someone pointed out that Coeruleum used to go under Wyrd/Pallas, I took a gander at her posting history and, especially in the beginning, they didn't seem anything like the persona they have now > far more down to earth and conflict avoidant, less provocative, antagonistic and pretentious. IMO, they seemed more readily likable and if I were to make a gendered assumption, I would have certainly thought female. Under Coeruleum, I referred to her with a neutral pronoun (they) because I couldn't readily discern her gender. But that's not because I believed that she used more stereotypically T (read: scientifically technical/mechanical, direct, blunt) jargon and diction, because she doesn't really. Coeruleum's brand of intellectualism, jargon and references are heavily skewed towards liberal arts/the humanities, which is often an NF space.
    Most of my intellectual posts have been on philosophy of science, logic, topology, etc. Do I like literature? Yes, but that's an art. I couldn't care less about moralistic social justice nonsense. I had to teach everyone algebra in 5th grade because I had already learned calculus and set theory. Think whatever you'd like though and go complain about how the world did wrong you.

    I was also way more antagonistic and pretentious way back. Are you even reading the same forum as me? It's OK, your wife will be back to tie you down shortly.

  28. #68
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you all have nothing better to do than play insincere games arguing about how someone objectively acts, you don't get a 16types Adventure.

    ...Or better yet, you do, but you'll be immortalized in quite unflattering ways. I'm not asking you to like me. I'm asking you to not be disingenuous.

  29. #69
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    If you all have nothing better to do than play insincere games arguing about how someone objectively acts, you don't get a 16types Adventure.

    ...Or better yet, you do, but you'll be immortalized in quite unflattering ways. I'm not asking you to like me. I'm asking you to not be disingenuous.
    I think you’re cool, I’m not being insincere, I promise.
    Sometimes too much to handle but that doesn’t mean I don’t like you!
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  30. #70
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE (C) 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Most of my intellectual posts have been on philosophy of science, logic, topology, etc. Do I like literature? Yes, but that's an art. I couldn't care less about moralistic social justice nonsense. I had to teach everyone algebra in 5th grade because I had already learned calculus and set theory. Think whatever you'd like though and go complain about how the world did wrong you.

    I was also way more antagonistic and pretentious way back. Are you even reading the same forum as me? It's OK, your wife will be back to tie you down shortly.
    Sigh.

    1.) Back away from the pipe.

    2.) You could be Jung reincarnated for all I care.

    3.) I could start teaching Korean tomorrow. Doesn't mean I'd be any good at it. Doesn't even mean I speak Korean.

  31. #71

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,971
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My quadra cuz you like my story.

    That is overly simplistic but I don't know what else.....

    I don't really see Fi valuers saying things like 'Normie' or anything. They instead would just BE Normies (without realizing they they are or paying any attention to it because it sounds so childish yet accurate) and then talking down on the non-Normies. Or something like that.

    An IEE might say 'Normie' once in awhile as they like to balance and include everybody but secretly be wishing the person would just stop saying Normie and instead be more delta and proper. Like how the IEE Te valuing therapist from Psychology Today will want to relate to the nerdy IEI But also just wish they would get a real job and stop with the dumb video games.

    But maybe, that is my harsh /unfair version of how I view 'Fi' but it seems that way to me objectively.

  32. #72
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Sigh.

    1.) Back away from the pipe.

    2.) You could be Jung reincarnated for all I care.

    3.) I could start teaching Korean tomorrow. Doesn't mean I'd be any good at it. Doesn't even mean I speak Korean.
    1.) I don't have a pipe.

    2.) I don't worship Jung and I'm not very interested in reincarnation.

    3.) I never claimed to be a great mathematician, unlike you claiming to be Steve Jobs. I could probably be considered an applied mathematician though. I have an account on Knot Atlas, the only site more dead than this, and as Verbrannte/Wyrd/Pallas I was doing a topological analysis of enneagram to sort out all the IELD forum beliefs. @Heretic 007 is more mathematical than I am, but I'm more of everything except a troll than you.

  33. #73
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, I relate labels such as "normie" to beta, hierarchies are important in beta, group belonging too, establishing power hierarchies and classify those who don't conform with derogatory terms seems a kind of Ni-Se game to me. Ne-Si types be more chill wtv

  34. #74

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,971
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right @ooo.

    Normie is the epitome of Fe/Ti valuing. Ti because it's essentially a logical category and Fe because well.. you're calling somebody Normie. LoL

    Like idk, a Delta news reporter person would totally ruin the essence of Normie. They would just say it all wrong and with the totally wrong tone. But... there are a few of them I think are Beta that would use it more correctly. 85-90% of them or so seem delta as hell tho.

  35. #75
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyways, does anyone else find the following rather ridiculous:

    Five people have ever discussed advanced mathematics on 16types.

    1. @Heretic 007: seems to be mostly interested in multivariable calculus and non-Euclidean geometry, self-types ILE
    2. @Vilen: seems to be mostly interested in number theory and also programming, self-types IEI
    3. @Grendel: seems to mostly be interested in formal logic and also programing, self-types ESE or ILE-ish but doesn't care much anymore
    4. @Subteigh: seems to be mostly interested in statistics and also programming, self-types EII
    5. @coeruleum: seems to be mostly interested in lower-dimensional topology and formal logic, self-types EIE or ILE-ish but doesn't care much anymore

    When four of your five mathematicians are typed as ethical types, something is wrong, though it might be sample bias rather than the typings considering having any mathematical skill and ethics are not exclusive in principle.

  36. #76
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let’s all abandon personality theory and call it a day.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  37. #77
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    3. @Grendel: seems to mostly be interested in formal logic and also programing, self-types ESE or ILE-ish but doesn't care much anymore
    One thing I didn't really mention or elucidate at any point: the stem-focus was mainly the product of a career choice I made because I was super pessimistic about the near-future job market, rather than an intrinsic love for it. In practice I actually really suck at more left-brained practices. I figured if I wanted to do something like learn video or sound editing or read up a repetoire of philosophy texts, those things would be easy enough that I could learn them in free time, while topics that came more difficult to me would come through the more rigorous formal academic route.


    The subtle shit-talking I give to humanities has more to do with the fact that a sizable chunk of society absolutely refuses to take them seriously, rather than personal taking for granted. It was more playing to my weaknesses out of fear that I'd never get a reliable career as a museum curator or something like that. In general I have a hyper paranoid and logical-positivist outlook that puts a lot of stock on material conditions but not a lot of faith in personal determination.

    On the other hand, teachers specifically I have a lower respect for than I probably should, likely due to how often some of them whinge about how hard their lives are in front of a captive audience of students who are even more in the dark than they are. And also a lot of them do seem constantly stressed from having to read and grade things all the time, so I didn't want to go there under any circumstances. Most people who know me say my best skill is high-quality writing, but I don't have much faith in the job market for this skill, especially not now that AI is replacing things like the Copywriting business, for instance.


    Just thought this bit would be elucidating.

  38. #78
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Let’s all abandon personality theory and call it a day.
    Never.

  39. #79
    Liberté coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Akliash
    TIM
    Dragon
    Posts
    3,283
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    One thing I didn't really mention or elucidate at any point: the stem-focus was mainly the product of a career choice I made because I was super pessimistic about the near-future job market, rather than an intrinsic love for it. In practice I actually really suck at more left-brained practices. I figured if I wanted to do something like learn video or sound editing or read up a repetoire of philosophy texts, those things would be easy enough that I could learn them in free time, while topics that came more difficult to me would come through the more rigorous formal academic route.


    The subtle shit-talking I give to humanities has more to do with the fact that a sizable chunk of society absolutely refuses to take them seriously, rather than personal taking for granted. It was more playing to my weaknesses out of fear that I'd never get a reliable career as a museum curator or something like that. In general I have a hyper paranoid and logical-positivist outlook that puts a lot of stock on material conditions but not a lot of faith in personal determination.

    On the other hand, teachers specifically I have a lower respect for than I probably should, likely due to how often some of them whinge about how hard their lives are in front of a captive audience of students who are even more in the dark than they are. And also a lot of them do seem constantly stressed from having to read and grade things all the time, so I didn't want to go there under any circumstances. Most people who know me say my best skill is high-quality writing, but I don't have much faith in the job market for this skill, especially not now that AI is replacing things like the Copywriting business, for instance.


    Just thought this bit would be elucidating.
    I don't think society takes all the STEM stuff very seriously either, but just uses it as an excuse to bash the humanities and arts. Look how horrible social sciences are right now, for example, or string theory still being popular somehow. Idiots just like making people worry about money when that doesn't help anyone ever, as nice as money is to have. Personal determination is overrated and you should listen to The Killing Moon on loop instead.

    In a few days I could collect a bunch of extra literary magazines and send them to you. Just because people fling around "hahaha your art/philosophy degree is dumdum" jokes doesn't mean people aren't forced to take the arts, culture, politics, and "liberal arts" areas seriously anyways (and I do prefer this kind of "liberal arts" over "left-brained" fields, but I still have some of an intrinsic interest in them that's much higher than, say, any "studies" field. Softer sciences and arts also tend to have huge overlap, for example, Thoreau's naturalism, or all the math and color theory every painter knows, or "math and music go together" starting with Pythagoras. So left-brained and right-brained are useful but not near a bimodal distribution.)

    Don't use your classes to learn. Learn by networking and treat your classes like tests. If possible, CLEP out of as many as you can, though taking a couple is more useful than transferring to Exeter University or another obscure but real college like that since you get more programs to choose from and you can meet the people in them. No one will support this decision though, because they prefer to glamorize "the college experience" and slacking to not "be a nerd."

  40. #80
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    I've only considered two types so thanks.
    That doesn't exclude you from being a feeler? Posts like this makes it obviously so. That wasn't directed at you in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Anyways, does anyone else find the following rather ridiculous:

    Five people have ever discussed advanced mathematics on 16types.

    1. @Heretic 007: seems to be mostly interested in multivariable calculus and non-Euclidean geometry, self-types ILE
    2. @Vilen: seems to be mostly interested in number theory and also programming, self-types IEI
    3. @Grendel: seems to mostly be interested in formal logic and also programing, self-types ESE or ILE-ish but doesn't care much anymore
    4. @Subteigh: seems to be mostly interested in statistics and also programming, self-types EII
    5. @coeruleum: seems to be mostly interested in lower-dimensional topology and formal logic, self-types EIE or ILE-ish but doesn't care much anymore

    When four of your five mathematicians are typed as ethical types, something is wrong, though it might be sample bias rather than the typings considering having any mathematical skill and ethics are not exclusive in principle.
    I'm pretty sure more than 5 people have discussed advanced mathematics here, in your time being here maybe it's only those five, but not "ever." I have a bachelor degree in IT. I must be a mathematician too! Showing interest online doesn't equal competence. Your argument falls apart when these 4 people type themselves as ethical.

    For the record, you regularly make personal jabs that are uncharacteristic for a logical type. You use personal stuff people share here against them nonchalantly. I have seen you do it at least twice. That is highly disrespectful, especially considering the nature of this forum where people are likely to share private things they have never shared with anyone else. That is my biggest issue with you. I don't know if it's immaturity or what, but I'm not surprised you have been banned before. It doesn't seem like there are things that are off limits for you.

    If you do that to an ILE/SLE, you have made an enemy for life. These people very rarely share private matters that show weakness or vulnerability, and for a reason. They do not trust that people will not use that information to make hurtful remarks, like you do. LIE/LSE will not appreciate that part of you as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •