Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you view each other type?

Banned
    TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post
    I doubt he'll change his mind from getting laid either but my point is to stop hanging out in internet forums and go outside and get real life experience (his use of "kek" in chat speaks volumes to me). It may be a logical fallacy to respond with aggression but this can't be easily fought against with logic. My aggression stems from frustration at the lack of understanding of his fellow man. If you can show and explain to me a superior strategy for fighting bigotry in whatever form, I'll gladly follow it. But until then, I will play the role of the schoolyard bully, to show his views are not to be tolerated.
    What I like about you, is that you are the first of the people trying to neg, bully or gaslight (you have not done this) me into submission is that you are upfront about this. I do appreciate it.
    Still, i would like to remind you of the Forum Rules that do clearly forbid such a behavior.

1.4 Personal attacks, bullying, harassment, threats: Please refrain from doing this, instead of calling someone stupid, tell them why you think they're wrong. Not everyone will be able to figure out everything immediately, it's ok for people to hold on to their personal beliefs, even if you believe them to be wrong.
    (kinda ironic from me posting this after i called you stupid, but it was a retort after a small amount of unprovoked verbal attacks out of your direction against me before)

TIM
    e9 so/sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    The term "philosophical intoxication" was widely used to diagnose mental disorders in cases where people disagreed with leaders and made them the target of criticism that used the writings by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin.[5]
    Hey, I don't want to insert myself too much into the dialogue here (I think you all are having a nice enough chat as it is), but I did want to say a little, and maybe use the above misconception to illustrate a trend that's somewhat harmful. Contrary to popular belief (due to U.S. nationalism, propaganda, etc), the Soviet Union did not represent the thought of Marx at all (though Lenin maybe a bit more so). Many academics nowadays, such as Jordan Peterson, make Marx and communism out to be these great scourges, when in reality they are both very antithetical to totalitarianism. George Orwell himself was an anarchist and fought alongside revolutionaries in the Spanish Civil War, and was still a "Marxist" (in the legitimate sense), despite Animal Farm and 1984 being very anti-authoritarian works.

From this, it follows that experts (esp. those with power) may sometimes deliberately misconstrue data and information in order to fit the paradigm and misinformation they try to peddle to the masses. Systems tend to be self-perpetuating, whether they be American hegemonic capitalism, or systemic racism. As survival is the main concern of these structures, data is often fabricated or misrepresented in order to support their foundation and maintain their legitimacy. IQ myths, or even the weight given to the concept of IQ itself, tend to be an example of this. Many of the progenitors of the actual IQ system were racist themselves and developed the test so as to prove white intellectual superiority. IQ is only one of 8(?) forms of intelligence anyways, and has become a bit more irrelevant in the century since its advent as a result.

I hope you don't misinterpret my tone! Just thought you find something worthwhile in here. Open-mindedness is a gift, but it's imperative that we put it to good use--or else those who are not open-minded will use our tendencies against us :)
    Last edited by sunburst; 10-11-2020 at 07:51 AM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ban the motherfucker

Banned
    TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oath of solitude View Post
    Ban the motherfucker
    Kinda creepy stalking me like this and having tabs on me, yes, he would propably just be even more obsessed and make a new account though.

TIM
    ISFp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why use words when you can use vids?

Alpha edition:

LII

SEI

ILE

ESE
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123