• 87 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really hate to do this

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I really hate to do this

I really do, but I'm interested in seeing what people think in general.

I know what type I believe I am.

Two other options I can identify with in parts, but not really as a whole, the other was put there because some people seem to think that the only ones who can stand to be around ESTps are their duals.

But if you think it's something else, I'd love to be suprised.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ, no doubt in my mind at least.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like comments from those that think differently from me if possible.

Thank you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see the Ti. I don't *think* you're INTp... but that's what I voted just because it seemed most appropriate. I don't really have a definite opinion on your type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I would like comments from those that think differently from me if possible.

Thank you.
    Iremember discussing with you the Ti process, would you mind describing it again in here so that others may judge as well?

How do you conceptualize things?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure that I remember that conversation Dio, sorry.

However I'm not quite sure how to answer. Conceptualize what exactly?

Taking this from here:

Positive(short range):
    Reality, detail, detailed study, carefulness, severity, place in hierarchies, laws, decisions, instructions, a choice of the best variant, logic of the organization,
    Negative (long range):
    abstraction, generality, universality, system, classification, typology, the general laws, objectivity, true, validity, the analysis, logic of a science, criteria.

I identify with everything listed except for the attention to detail. People who know me use many of the attributes listed to poke fun at me because I use them in an extreme manner, or at least they think I do. I think because many of the people in my life have used these things to make fun of me I have the tendency to down play them during social interactions.

If someone had a more specific question I'd be happy to answer it, I just don't answer open-ended questions well.

Two other options I can identify with in parts, but not really as a whole, the other was put there because some people seem to think that the only ones who can stand to be around ESTps are their duals.
    The neutral fashion in which you meander among different options seems very Ni like. I can't say which type you are because I'm not even insightful enough to determine my own type. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm IXXx. I've noticed that that when you and UDP chime in I tend to pay a lot of attention to your messages. Makes me wonder if you are a benefactor type in relation to me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carrie, I feel we are similar in many ways. for example, this

"If someone had a more specific question I'd be happy to answer it, I just don't answer open-ended questions well."

I intuit that you have an absolute view to things, wholistic. I don't know how INTps walk though.. But I haven't spoken to you until we could disagree fundamentally on the way things are. So I don't know your type. For now I say you are the same type as me.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty you have a lot of the same characteristics as I do, and seem INTj. You just seem to have a certian F side, I suppose, which has been developed -- or at least that is the vibe I get at times. You do look INTj in your photos, for the most part.

Have you considered the INF-s, possibly INFj ?

I would expect most people here to say you were INTj, and I probably would agree with them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely INTj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    In all honesty you have a lot of the same characteristics as I do, and seem INTj. You just seem to have a certian F side, I suppose, which has been developed -- or at least that is the vibe I get at times. You do look INTj in your photos, for the most part.

I would expect most people here to say you were INTj, and I probably would agree with them.
    Agree with this, in every point.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u write like my INTj friends. yup.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I come off as F at most times is probably due to my mother's influence she is INFj. I tried very hard as a small child to be like her and, also If I didn't agree with her in terms of F values, she would play the guilt card. I gave up on being as caring as she was during puberty, as most little kids stop trying to impress their parents at that age. This caused a lot of fights etc. so, that is why I can seem more F I think.

Also if I was INFj or INFp I believe I'd make a horrible one. I always seem to come off as the "mean one" when I'm around them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea why people are saying you are INTj when it is apparent to me that you do not seem to regard Ne as anything worthwhile. I personally think that INTp would be a better alternative, taking what I have just said [apparently others think you do not value Ti, which I think is also a good possibility].

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I come off as F at most times is probably due to my mother's influence she is INFj. I tried very hard as a small child to be like her and, also If I didn't agree with her in terms of F values, she would play the guilt card. I gave up on being as caring as she was during puberty, as most little kids stop trying to impress their parents at that age. This caused a lot of fights etc. so, that is why I can seem more F I think.

Also if I was INFj or INFp I believe I'd make a horrible one. I always seem to come off as the "mean one" when I'm around them.

How do you feel about
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel about
    I found this on :

internal activity of object - internal processes in object, emotional arousal and arousability of object, emotional life, moods, subjective emotional content

I find these descriptions and the descriptions of the other function nearly useless. What is this trying to say? How I feel about my own emotionality or how I respond to others who show it?

Internally I think I deal with a lot of emotions, not all of them good, but I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about them much. I don't know what to do with them or how to express them. I have a tendency to express them inappropriately, so after much embarrassment I keep them to myself. I feel reluctance and discomfort showing them to others, even those I'm closest to.

When it comes to others displaying their emotions, I feel somewhat odd watching it, but completely thrown off guard when it's directed at me.
    It's not so bad if I'm close to them and it's nice to have the reassurance from the ones I care about.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allso I have a tendency to play around and be goofy. I have a sense of humor, but I really only act like that when the mood is right and I'm comfortable around some people as I have become with many of you.
    I think witnessing this exchange occasionally seems to have thrown some people off in a weird direction.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Internally I think I deal with a lot of emotions, not all of them good, but I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about them much. I don't know what to do with them or how to express them. I have a tendency to express them inappropriately, so after much embarrassment I keep them to myself. I feel reluctance and discomfort showing them to others, even those I'm closest to.

When it comes to others displaying their emotions, I feel somewhat odd watching it, but completely thrown off guard when it's directed at me.
    It's not so bad if I'm close to them and it's nice to have the reassurance from the ones I care about.
    me too.
    yeah, i'll triple that sentiment. i think it has to be very very much the right person/time for me to be okay with that. and too much would drive me mad. it's like something i'd rather forget exists.

although you seem sure that you are INTj, maybe you could say why you feel that ESFj would be your dual more than ESFp (or ESTp?) i recognize that's a shoddy way to gauge one's type (i do think that people can find their conflicting type attractive.) the idea would be though that after gauging some experiences with some different types, you'd have some idea of who you definitely don't get on with so well.

i don't know. i can't contribute much because i suppose INTj fits. no complaints!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any ESFjs or ESFps, at least I don't think I do so it would be hard for me to make a comment one way or another. In general I think that intertype relations model is incomplete at best.

Now based on how I've seen INFps and ESTps react to eachother I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm not the ESTp's dual. In real life experiences I can be pretty cold, and this has caused problems in my relationship and I somewhat share the cold mentality of my husband, of course it can be argued that this is because we've been together for almost ten years. But I don't see that in the interactions that INFps share with ESTps. Actually I don't see many similarities in the way I act with
    ESTps and the way INFps act with them.

In fact I turned Daniel down for a whole year before I caved, I never liked his advances, but his persistance grew on me. I'm happy with Daniel, but I do admit that there are some things in the description of the ESFj that I wish Daniel had.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I have no idea why people are saying you are INTj when it is apparent to me that you do not seem to regard Ne as anything worthwhile. I personally think that INTp would be a better alternative, taking what I have just said [apparently others think you do not value Ti, which I think is also a good possibility].
    Wrong. All wrong. She's INTj - she just happens to be a well-adjusted one, which is rare on this forum.
    Either that or you see alot of the same stuff that you also value functionwise, and therefore consider her 'well adjusted' on account of her 'not using extroverted intuition'. Plus, being 'well-adjusted' does not automatically qualify someone as being a specific type. Especially if it is someone who is obviously adjusted to something other than - for example.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think intj or infj. but i spose you would not be likely to have an estp husband if you were infj. perhaps infp? i didn't vote . . .

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    i think intj or infj. but i spose you would not be likely to have an estp husband if you were infj. perhaps infp? i didn't vote . . .
    no, I don't think she's Fi, the lucky duck.
    yeah, she's too bad for Fi's "goodness" :wink:
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    no, I don't think she's Fi, the lucky duck.
    hey what's so bad about Fi, i could use some myself, hehe.

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy, if you don't mind me prying, would you mind informing the predominantly-otherwise-disposed public about what attracts you to an SLE?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Oy, if you don't mind me prying, would you mind informing the predominantly-otherwise-disposed public about what attracts you to an SLE?
    No problem Gilly.

We met in high school, he approached me several times and I turned him down. He was younger than me and seemed very childish, it didn't help that he hadn't gone through a growth spurt yet and he was as short as me and only weighed about 95 lbs. He talked really loud and always about drugs or something he'd destroyed. He always made me do this
    So one of the many days that he'd approached me, I didn't turn him away and we spent lunch talking to each other. I found out that actually he was very, very intelligent and had been known for such growing up but decided that others expected intelligent people to only act a certain way and he was going to act as dumb as he wanted while still being smart. (At this time he was only attending school about 1/4 of the time but still had some of the highest grades).

He also was never afraid of or to do anything, this was something new to someone whose major fear was other people. He would talk to those of authority and students as if on equal footing and he seemed to have no fear of the consequences.

He was something new and interesting. He still had his immature moments (still does) that annoyed the crap out of me but I was mostly interested in his intelligent fearlessness.

He became possessive and father-like as soon as we started dating. I was anorexic and eating unhealthily when we met and his chiding got me back to a normal weight. It's nice to be cared for, but sometimes I wish he'd realize that I'm an adult and can handle myself.

So, very long story short: he was something new and fascinating, he could do everything I feared and over time he sort of grew on me.
    I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out, but I just woke up, so if I remember I'll add it later.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a hell of a lot more to compatibility than socionics

intelligence, for example, if one of the most important things to me.

1.) trustworthy (honest, loyal, faithful)
    2.) intelligent
    3.) everything else
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah gilly are you kidding? ESTps are hot (if you're talking about attraction)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine it's easier for a woman to be attracted to male ESTps as they are more protypically masculine/virile. Whereas I generally prefer feminine girls, ESTp women do not appeal to me very much. But that's just mean of course.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine it's easier for a woman to be attracted to male ESTps as they are more protypically masculine/virile. Whereas I generally prefer feminine girls, ESTp women do not appeal to me very much. But that's just mean of course.
    "mean", or "me"?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

careful oyburger. if he's truly estp that is.

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds an awful lot like a louder version of someone I know very well...

And obviously I'm well aware of the fact that there are MANY more dimensions to compatibility than Socionics type, but I wanted to see if she dropped any hints.

One think that you mentioned that throws a BIG ASS red flag in the air is what you say about his attitude towards authority. If you think about the functional definition of someone with program, it means that they are very aware of who's in control/who has the power. This means that they know how and when it's ok to subvert authority, but it also entails a very strong awareness of when it's NOT ok to be acting balls-out. I know many SLEs personally, and, having played my share of high school sports in which coaches are the ULTIMATE authority, I can say for SURE that SLEs are not the type to stand in someone's face who is widely accepted as an authority and openly question them. They can be brash, for sure, but only when they know for damn sure that they (a) have the upper hand, or (b) can get away with it without consequences. I remember a conversation a while ago between Expat, Herzy and myself about , and one of the things we surmised is that ego types are probably the best ass-kissers, mostly because they know when they're bested/one-upped/in trouble.

What you describe of Daniel seems to be consistent with my view of the logical subtype of ILE. Being that they lean more towards the IJ tempermant than the intuitive subtype, they tend to be less concerned with matters of , and, along with the EP temperment, lack of a strong and influential ethical function, and extreme proficiency in rationalization, the ILE logical subtype is, in my opinion, one of the most likely types to be in direct subversion/disregard of authority (logical subtype SLI comes in a close second).

I haven't seen a picture of Daniel that is suitable for VI, so I'm not going to pretend to make any final claims, but from what you've said here and elsewhere, I would lean more towards ILE than SLE.

Just something to think on

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, anyone of the EP temperment, but ESPECIALLY the thinkers, can give that image of rash, disorderly behavior. It's what she says about his attitude towards authority that caught my attention in particular, because I'm the exact same way: whenever I'm with friends and I have to talk to an authority figure (police, teacher, coach, parent, etc.), the friends always ask me things like "Are you serious?" or "How do you get away with talking like that tot he police??" It's not really the things I say, but just the way I communicate; I think adults tend to see it as confidence more than anything, which they tend to respect (until I get out of line ). The only time it's really ever an issue is when I'm meeting someone for the first time, but I tend to be intentionally more tactful in that case.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Perhaps I should have put in a disclaimer that at the time he was 15/16 and on lots of drugs which shall remain nameless.

As an adult, he is more manipulative of people around him and uses this ability discreetly (as opposed to his youth when he was careless about it). He knows where his bread is buttered, as he would say. He's well aware of where to draw the lines, especially right now as I am in the process of getting a security clearance and he's trying to back peddle to make sure all of his tracks are covered (they'll be investigating him as well).

His biggest problem with authority is that he wants to be authority.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Generally, anyone of the EP temperment, but ESPECIALLY the thinkers, can give that image of rash, disorderly behavior. It's what she says about his attitude towards authority that caught my attention in particular, because I'm the exact same way: whenever I'm with friends and I have to talk to an authority figure (police, teacher, coach, parent, etc.), the friends always ask me things like "Are you serious?" or "How do you get away with talking like that tot he police??" It's not really the things I say, but just the way I communicate; I think adults tend to see it as confidence more than anything, which they tend to respect (until I get out of line ). The only time it's really ever an issue is when I'm meeting someone for the first time, but I tend to be intentionally more tactful in that case.
    I am now wondering that it might be related to Fi PoLR. Even if I can't make any sense of it.

The only time it's really ever an issue is when I'm meeting someone for the first time, but I tend to be intentionally more tactful in that case.
    Aaha. So right. Over the years, I've become better at reading the facial expressions, so that now I understand when they are befuzzled by my behaviour, and restrain myself - only for a short amount of time, of course.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast