Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
I’d like to make a quick update on the therapist I spoke of many posts ago in here; she’s a conniving bitch who throws people aside with no remorse if they don’t follow what she wants you to do. I think I’m officially done with therapists at this point because I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with them and they too frequently possess an underhandedness. I think the last part is especially disgusting to me because I know that I myself possess an underhanded quality and I’m pretty certain of my own desire to be a therapist and well... I don’t want to become what I hate. But it often seems that we do become what we hate because it’s easier than to become what we SHOULD be.

Anyways, I’m vastly disappointed in the lack of response to this thread because I actually put work into it and was hoping for some novel replies... Lol.
I've had the same problem with therapists. One of them, I easily figured out they had a goal for me that was contrary to what I wanted. I talked about the issue openly with them and they gave me a slippery reply: "I'm not trying to do that but if that's what results then that's ok."

It seems like a lot of them cook up ideas in their heads about what's wrong with you but they haven't actually listened to you and aren't really all that great at understanding people themselves, so they misapply all their so-called learning to no good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
My EIE father doesn't have luck with therapists either. He intimidated an intern apparently and she couldn't work with him anymore, lol. I mean he's also older, so I think that's part of the issue for him, a lot of the therapists are younger. I think he kind of views it as, he already knows the answers and they aren't telling him anything new really
My dad is EIE. I feel you hardcore on the intimidating part. He intimidates me a lot personally. I can imagine how he makes some other people feel. And I've experienced some of the damage he's done to others firsthand. He thinks he knows everything, and anyone who disagrees with him just needs to have their mind changed until it agrees with him, or thinks they need to be destroyed or gotten rid of lol.

He also likes to convince himself that others have wronged him so that he has an excuse to do something to them.