Thread: R.E.M. rock band

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default R.E.M. rock band

Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-aurora_faerie

All of um or just Michael STipe?

Michael....hmm....IxFx?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stipe the most important actually, thanks aurora for asking that, but if you hapen to know the other types, it would be great too.

I am in doubt between ISTP and INFP for Stipe.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj-ey maybe. ISTp. dunno. he reminds me of the guy i'm dating now.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I take my p back, he does look j-ey, to take implied's expression,

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's tricky. In some ways he seems like an attention whore, but in other ways he seems very shy.

He was a very close friend of Kurt Cobain's and is Francis Bean Cobain's godfather. He was a very close friend of River Phoenix. Bad luck in both cases.

He's also a pretty good movie producer - he produced Being John Malkovich and Velvet Goldmine and I think some other movies as well.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking ENFj Ni for michael stipe.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have thought some IJ, maybe ESI.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, the themes he is talking about here are very based themes.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I can see INFj now.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that hes INFj... There was so much Fe in that interview posted. SO MUCH... Delta, I truly believe, isn't the correct quadra.

Alpha or Beta--that's my strong suspicion... Ni-ENFj, I believe, is a good guess, crazedrat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may be an INFj, jewjew. Or you may be right. Well, do you have any known INFjs for comparison?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    you may be an INFj, jewjew. Or you may be right. Well, do you have any known INFjs for comparison?
    If you're one of those people who types by the eyes, compare Stipe's to Adolph ******'s... Or to Dennis Hopper's... They all have this watery eyed, emotionally intense look...

Furthermore Stipe's music has made me want to die at least six million times... (haha sorry... couldn't resist.)

If the Ni-EIE you're looking to for comparison is Gilly, then it's no wonder you don't see any resemblance... Frankly, I don't understand why Gilly calls himself Ni-EIE. Honestly, I don't discern how Gilly emphasizes Ni (over Fe) in his behavior or dealings here at all--maybe in his personal life, but not here, from what I've noticed... This said I do think that he's EIE, just not Ni-EIE.

From what I remember of what he's written, he identifies with Ni-EIE b/c he considers himself somewhat quiet... In my experience, subtype is not (at all) a reliable indicator of social introversion or extroversion.

What IS a reliable indicator of subtype, in my experience, is listening to the content of a person's speech/ideas over a significant portion of time... Have they been emphasizing, to a noticeable extent, (in this case of EIE,) Ni or Fe..?

In this case, Michael Stipe speaks almost entirely in "Ni"... "I don't think I'd ever been in love before..." "I wanted to honor those past relationships..." "That crossed the line of privacy for me..." "You want to honor the beautiful parts [of a relationship], what was great about it... Maybe you weren't seeing eye-to-eye but..."

Above he's using Ni to support Fe comparisons, judgments, and memories... Stipe is clearly adept at this emotional language, and speaks with force about it. Fi is more an underlying understanding... Usually when someone makes an Fi comment, it's simple: "he's a good guy," and the speaker means it through-and-through... Stipe's Fe is what goes on and on about conceptions like honor.

Frankly, the more I see of Stipe, the less I think that this typing is any mystery at all... I think that you were right in the first place, crazedrat--so be confident... Now that you've got your self-typing right, I think that you'll find a lot of what you like or respect was beta... You've talked about the Beatles, the Doors, all of these great bands...