Thread: Most blunt and honest type?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Most blunt and honest type?

Is there any socionics type that is very prone to being to being blunt and honest and you don't have to second guess their intentions and what you see is what you get from them?

Which socionics type is the most likely to be this way?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many LSEs seem to be aggressively blunt where more than a few SLIs seemed defensively blunt; I think it may be related to the type of data they seem to prefer and how they handle it as well as being somwhat literal and very narrowly focused. Although these two types have been known to tirelessly pursue the truth, they themselves may not always be all that truthful. Honesty isn't type related......

a.k.a I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE can be like that
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI seem honest to me, but the most blunt? I can't see it.
    Types that have 4D Fe + 4D Se are more likely to be that way... followed by types having 4D Se and 4D Te.
    Honesty is more Te than Fe, I'd say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Estp estj esfj istp god who else lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah, just obvious. ESE and LSE come to mind. The more infuriating are the ones who talk transparent BS and do not even know themselves. Some mirage types...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta STs are not that good at being blunt ime.. I'm going with LSI.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Delta STs are not that good at being blunt ime.. I'm going with LSI.
    Depends, I think. LSIs can be avoidant of issues, especially if they’re E5. Then they just won’t talk about whatever subject until the end of time.

I agree with @Tallmo for ESE. They usually know when it’s best to shut up, but they like to speak their mind more than most, and they tend to have definite opinions about things and people.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most blunt and dishonest - Maritsa

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and I forgot to mention DCNH subtypes. Obviously the most direct and blunt is the Dominant subtype.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

On the NEO PI instrument, there is the trait "Straightforwardness":
    "Straightforwardness is the quality of directness and honesty in communicating with others. Despite a long history in moral philosophy, straightforwardness is not as vital to personality theory as the other facets of agreeableness.[21] Those scoring high on straightforwardness tend to interact with others in a direct and honest manner. Low scorers are less direct, tend to be high in self-monitoring, and are generally deceitful or manipulative. Although the two concepts are not identical, those who score low on this facet tend to be high in Machiavellianism.[22] Straightforwardness is similar to a dimension in the Interpersonal circumplex called "Ingenuous versus calculating."[21] According to Michael C. Ashton and Kibeom Lee, straightforwardness is similar to the honesty aspect of honesty-humility in the HEXACO Model."

According to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    The big five versus the big four: the relationship between the MyersBriggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and NEO-PI five factor model of personality: Adrian Furnham
    Person. indirid. Dif;r: Vol. 21, No. 2, 303-307, 1996

It is primarily identified as very much not a "T" thing. Other correlations were not regarded as statistically significant.

Bluntness is not easy to quantify - do we mean that a person willingly expresses exactly (accurately) what is on their mind? That strictly should come under the single trait "Straightforwardness", but could also come under higher level traits such as low Conscientiousness and high Neuroticism.

TIM
    SLI-Si H 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI. You got one right here.
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

Socioville Discord: https://discord.gg/yAfc4ZU

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE, LIE-Ni, LSE, and SLI for most blunt, not necessarily in that order. Kind of odd that it's mostly Si egos and no Se egos and mostly peripheral/non-Se valuing quadra types.

ILE-Ti, ESI-Fi, and LSI-Se are among the least blunt, the most guarded.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Most honest in expression people should be in own strong and valued regions. As they wish to influence on others there the most.

Blunt... from common sense this should be against Fi. Also should influence IR, subjective perception.
    Without IR the expected degree, in order: Ti, Te, Fe, Fi types.
    From this point also, Fe may be most blunt _when want_. As understand how influence on emotions and are not holded by caring about being emotionally pleasant.

Example of IR influence. Fe can be much annoyed by Te arguments, and find geting of them as _personally insulting_, opponent as "blunt", showing general disrespect to them. As when they get disagreements about what is supposed as logically objective. Not rare situations when Fe whine to mods "I demand to ban him", to an opponent "don't say disagreements with me" after seeing disagreements about own profile types and other related to types, especially when logically objective (Te) argumented by their doubtful noobish skills, when they did not researched own type thoroughly by themselves, by common doubtful typing accuracies.
    If Fe will be catched on proved and objective misleading, - this can be evaluated as "personal insult" and the opponent as "annoying", despite the problem is on other side. The better arguments were - the worse moral value the opponent will get, the lauder barking to his side may to happen. Sometimes supported by another lie and nonsense, geting reasonable criticism against which will worsen the situation and personal hate.
    F types accept disagreements logically based and about logical - harder. Negative IR make the perception of that as additionally bad "personal insult".
    Useful to take into account when talk with cute and kiddy F types! If wish them to stay cute further.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-15-2023 at 02:45 PM.