These are the things I've learned about the American Military-Industrial Complex so far:

1. It is basically an entire parallel society, massive, and nearly completely separated from "civilian" life (though a large number of its members are "civilian military employees.") The military isn't marching around proudly in any significant unnamed location where you're not, yet it's still huge.
2. It is basically waging nonstop wars for the sake of wars and the economy like the ones in 1984 but on a less dystopian scale.
3. Being as closed off and outright bizarre as it is, it has a very, very cultish "corporate culture," which the rules "don't post on social media" and "don't participate in politics" only scratch the surface of.
4. Most of its members have social credit score ratings translating to Ds and Fs, and many more legal and financial issues than the civilian population. This seems like the main fact social credit has to contend with and/or leverage to establish itself in America. If social credit amounts to a dystopia, yet manages to rein in the military-industrial complex, there will be huge problems. Most probably, it would simply blackmail them into working for the sake of social credit owners/shareholders and make the public think that they're somehow neutralized just because there are no more forever wars. Alternatively, having heroic soldiers could prevent social credit from taking hold in America, but this would be like cleaning the Augean stables if they're going to be genuinely heroic people.

However, I'm glad I got this window into the bizarre and vile parallel sector of America more generally.