TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two friends in a disagreement

edit
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two friends in a disagreement

This is interesting, and a bit of a challenge, based on the available information.

I will guess that they are in opposing quadras but adjacent to yours, so they are Gamma and Alpha. They also seem to have very different, even opposing, temperaments - A seems like a Socionics extrovert and B is either a true introvert or at least someone with in the superego.

Possibility one - conflict

A - ESFp ,which fits her description
    B - INTj , which also fits her description and the "THINK" and "other possibillities" could be like the Gamma annoyed at the INTj's . That would make B Slacker Mom's supervisor however.

Possiblity two - contrary

A - ENTj, one of the outgoing ones - I could see A as that as well
    B- INTj

Possibility three - conflict II

A - ESFj
    B - INTp

However, this is difficult to reconcile with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    It turns out that Friend B has been having problems with Friend A for some time because whenever Friend B says something is bothering her Friend A tells her to THINK and tells her to consider other possibilities - what else might be going on. Friend B finds this to be condescending and dismissive. Friend B said she's told Friend A this many times but Friend A told her that she's "sorry if her fee-fees got hurt" and Friend B found the use of the word "fee-fee's" dismissive.
    This suggests that A has a view of B as a narrow-minded person, which suggests A is and B is , or that A has stronger than B. It seems also that A has the advantage over B regarding .

So, I guess B is INTj and A is either ENTj or ESFp, based on the information available.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could be my supervisor - we see each other as part of a group so the focus isn't on our relationship.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirror pair. ESTj/ISTp or ESFp/ISFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps, but it seems to me that they have issues regarding quadra values, besides the temperament - "just THINK" or the accusation of stealing etc. To me it sounds worse than mirror.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds like ESFp/INFj might fit. something like ENFj/INFj might also be possible. it's difficult to determine the actual types from this rather minimal description.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-aurora_faerie

INFp/ENFj

(it just sounds similar to more petty disagreements ive had with an ENFj)

if not that, mirror sounds probable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two friends in a disagreement

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I have two friends who are seriously disagreeing with each other.

A mutual friend had a death in her family and friend A collected money to send in her family member's name to a charity. It took a while for friend A to get all the money people told her they would give.

A few weeks later, friend B sent an email asking "what ever happened with the donation?" Friend A assumed that meant that friend B thought friend A was a thief.
    That means that A is feeling pressured by B, and has a tendency to blow things out of proportions. She may have forgotten to do a step, or been busy.

Friend B says she didn't mean that, but other friends who are close to friend B contacted the grieving friend to find out if a donation was ever made so there must have been some concern that the money didn't get there.
    Was the message from B to A distributed to multiple people?

B is kind of checking up on A.

A may have a history of being unreliable, or hiding motives sometimes. It may just be that she's a fan of throwing suprise parties for people, and may be in the name of fun. But sometimes it may go a little far. And sometimes she may not take responsibilites seriously enough. If A understands this about herself, then she may find B as being less intrusive, and understand her intentions are what she says they are. But I'm assuming that there are a few minor issues coming together, as is prone to happen.

It turns out that Friend B has been having problems with Friend A for some time because whenever Friend B says something is bothering her Friend A tells her to THINK and tells her to consider other possibilities - what else might be going on. Friend B finds this to be
    Hahaha. That's a delaying technique. A is trying to buy time/space/trust etc ...

condescending and dismissive.
    Yeah, it's a little sneaky. A may be able to get B to email her about the things that are bothering her, rather than put A no the spot.

Friend B said she's told Friend A this many times but Friend A told her that she's "sorry if her fee-fees got hurt" and Friend B found the use of the word "fee-fee's" dismissive.
    *grin* I could see A's behaviour getting annoying too. But B has to put their foot down. Otherwise A will run around like a headless chicken.

Friend A is very gregarious, outgoing, always wants to be in charge of things (like collecting money or organizing events) and doesn't like to be challenged. She
    Poor little thing.

is an organizer, and likes to give advice (sometimes forcefully).
    Does she tie herself into knots?

[qutoe]
    Friend B is very very quiet, very blunt - never even tries to be diplomatic and finds any attempts at diplomacy to be "bullshit". She has a very sarcastic dry sense of humor and a quiet kind of giggly laugh. She always looks like she's not that comfortable wherever she is.
    [/quote]

A may notice this and be playing on B a little. B may find that their relations with A improve slightly if they aren't as dry.

I get along pretty well with both of these people, but neither is like a best friend or anything. We just all run in the same circle.

Any ideas what types they are/what kind of relationship this is?
    No

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think ENFj/INFj is likely.

ENTj/INFp might also be a possibility