Thread: The Functions that I think Clash

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Functions that I think Clash

1) Fi1 vs. Se1:

Se1: I am a fun-seeking, thrill-seeking person. I enjoy parties, drugs, alcohol, sex. Who do I clash with? My answer: Fi1: I see them as just out for themselves, who clash with my traditional values. Why can't they accept things like the church and traditional religion, instead treating themselves the way they do? I ask you to please live a more pious life.

I value Se1.

2) Fi2 vs. Se2:

Se2: I am a loud, angry dominant person. I like to argue, fight, and dominate others. Who do I clash with? My answer Fi2: I am a sensitive person, who hates any type of abuse. If I see any of it, I immediately call 'hate crimes.' However, the truth of the matter is that I am just a big wimp. Se2: I can't stand you for it, but the truth is that I need something like anger management.

I value Fi2.

3) Te vs. Ne

Te: I am an office junky. I enjoy doing tax returns for fun. My life revolves around spreadsheets and bookkeeping. Who do I clash with? My answer: Ne: I see that stuff as deeply unimaginative, dry labour. What is 'practical' to you is like watching paint dry to me. They are very hard-working and responsible, but as Ne, I am not - and we often fight and argue because of it.

I value Ne.

4) Fe vs. Ti:

Fe: I am warm, sensitive, caring person. I exude empathy and a personal touch. Who do I clash with? My answer: Ti: while you are a warm, caring individual, I find all of your ideas and arguments to be so fallacious - so flat out wrong - that you are a huge annoyance to me. If I am 'ILI', I wish would just 'go somewhere and die,' if I am 'ILE', I don't think you could design a sprocket.... Fe in response: I find you cruel, cold, uncaring person... Ti: NOTE: I DON"T MEAN THIS LITERALLY NOW, I JUST WANT YOU TO CHANGE...

I value Ti.

5) Si vs. Ni:

Si: I am into natural oils and mists. I like to keep myself clean. I dress impeccably. I am into health, beauty, and exercise. I love nature, the outdoors, anything natural and beautiful. Who do I clash with? My guess: Ni: I am way more into the abstract side - ideas that symbolize or 'mean' something. I am not in touch with my body or my senses.
    The beautiful, natural element to aesthetics is window-dressing that I think is just junk.

I slightly value Si over Ni.
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-25-2019 at 06:44 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I clash with whatever makes my environment hostile and abusive for me- that’s a blow to my Se polr because I take it all in and can’t ignore it instead it starts to make me feel like there’s no love and void of love and care makes me feel like no one values my emotional needs. Then I have to leave
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant translate the functions into behaviour like that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You cant translate the functions into behaviour like that.
    I would like to hear your reasoning why...
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-25-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Information elements are like different colours so in that sense, they contrast rather than clash. However, they represent observations on components of data processing control systems, and by themselves, components can't really clash in a conflict sense; the systems themselves shouldn't clash either. The baggage that we acquire during out lives is what really clashes with the baggage of others so type cannot be blamed for it; however, the way we clash is often type dependent. I've seen two people of the same type fight like cats and dogs but if your theory is correct, they shouldn't clash........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, the clash is happening inside and gets projected. I know I tend to do that.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reasonable pairs would be: Ti v Fi, Si v Ni, Te v Fe and Ne v Se.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao this is funny but childish simplistic like. For example people often abuse/dominate others *because* they are so sensitive and moral inside. Not that they are a wimp. Far from it. However, their strong moral values ironically causes them to treat people poorly at times/see too much black when there really is tons of gray - because they think they have the right.

There isn't a people in a neat category that treats people well and good and another type that treats people like shit- maybe some of the time, but it's not so cut and dried.

A person that's campy abusive and demonic black eyed- they exist too of course but I think it's rarer.

This kinda reminds me that scene in one of the Batman movies where Joker explained it was the 'good' guys and cops/police force that had a plan to control everybody and even though Joker was indeed a selfish maniacal asshole- he explained he's just like a dog chasing cars and once he gets what he thinks he wants, he doesn't know what to do with it etc. This is also of course part of how antiheroes and stuff are born. <grin>