Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Democratic vs Aristocratic

So as a democratic type myself (self type as LIE, some have pointed out I could be ILE and I definitely agree it's possible - 4D Te/4D Ne either way and both are democratic) I am probably more bias to thinking that the democratic approach is "better". I was wondering if any of the aristocratic types on this forum could describe whether the aristocratic attitude has been more of a benefit or a hindrance to you in your life.
    Last edited by QueenTiger666; 11-22-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Rewording Post

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m Aristocratic type and no Democratics are not a hindrance they just approach problem solving differently than I do. It’s good to have a different perspective
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m Aristocratic type and no Democratics are not a hindrance they just approach problem solving differently than I do. It’s good to have a different perspective
    I see, I think I worded my post badly though - what I was meaning was does having the aristocratic preference prove more of a benefit or a hindrance to you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I see, I think I worded my post badly though - what I was meaning was does having the aristocratic preference prove more of a benefit or a hindrance to you?
    Hinderance in any specific area?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hinderance in any specific area?
    I mean I don't have a specific area in mind, but if you can think of any that you wanna share I'd be glad to read it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I mean I don't have a specific area in mind, but if you can think of any that you wanna share I'd be glad to read it.
    Yes! Here’s one... SEI Friend has a 20 year old son who just got a girlfriend pregnant. She wants him to move out and handle life himself and make whatever decisions he wants while I am the opposite. I would say “you’re my MY (owned you-I don’t know if this is more Fi than aristocratic) so I think you should think about how this will affect your life and if you want she can move in here and we’ll help raise baby.”
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Here’s one... SEI Friend has a 20 year old son who just got a girlfriend pregnant. She wants him to move out and handle life himself and make whatever decisions he wants while I am the opposite. I would say “you’re my MY (owned you-I don’t know if this is more Fi than aristocratic) so I think you should think about how this will affect your life and if you want she can move in here and we’ll help raise baby.”
    Ah, I see. That's quite interesting, but yeah if I ever had kids (don't plan on it, I hate kids) I'd definitely try teach them to be more independent and make their own decisions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Reinin's trait are heretic bs
    the same as to think your type as T

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Did you just come here to try type me again? Cause if so, that is unrelated to the thread and should be posted somewhere else. You are free to have your opinion of my type, just as I am free to disregard said opinion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Tell me something. What would you say or do and both if your 20 year old son got his gf pregnant?
    -

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you try to describe the difference in problem solving?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Could you try to describe the difference in problem solving?
    I’ll try to find an example
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This may not be an useful post, but I find the dichotomy useless for describing myself.

Trying to describe myself as Aristocratic over Democratic or vice versa seems like an arbitrary process, because even if I merely divide things into the quick and the dead, I could still be said to be Aristocratic.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ijs and Eps tend to think that their rationalizations are superior to that of others (aristocratic in appearance); however this also gives them better objectivity so they tend to be less bias about the information they receive. Ejs and Ips seem to like group participation in their rationalization processes (like in brain-storming sessions) so in that sense they do appear democratic; however they often get caught up in the moment and develop biases, which in the extreme, can produce something akin to reactionary or mob mentalities. Down deep, all democrats and aristocrats want things done their way, it's just that some from both groups become more successful at it......

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ijs and Eps tend to think that their rationalizations are superior to that of others (aristocratic in appearance); however this also gives them better objectivity so they tend to be less bias about the information they receive. Ejs and Ips seem to like group participation in their rationalization processes (like in brain-storming sessions) so in that sense they do appear democratic; however they often get caught up in the moment and develop biases, which in the extreme, can produce something akin to reactionary or mob mentalities. Down deep, all democrats and aristocrats want things done their way, it's just that some from both groups become more successful at it......

a.k.a. I/O
    why do you put "a.k.a. I/O" at the end of every message?

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know for other dichotomies, but I agree for this one. I think aristocratic/democratic traits can just be explained by funcion blockings (NF/ST vs NT/SF) and function sign, which make things clearer instead of more confused. I personally don't make classifications of people based on who they consort with and I don't know where that description comes from. I always thought that was a T-inferior thing to do. For me there are only the people I like and the others.

The only way I relate to this dichotomy is that when SFs approach me in a very "in-your-face" way, my reaction is: "WHO the fuck you think you are???!". But even that can be explained by the fact that I am an NF and that I prefer to take social initative myself, and when I do it, it's in a intuitive/non-obstrusive way. I don't need loud demonstrations of love and want that approach to be is "mutual": NFs do the ethical approach and STs the physical. The "all in one" SF version just feels entitled(of my time and attention) to me.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be explained by the fact that you are Fi+ dominant/Ni+ demonstrative which is oriented at always increasing the degree of proximity in relationships/make sure that emotional life improves in the future. You just wouldn't want to "loose your son" and would want "the best future for him". Which of course is with you
    That's actually why EII needs the Fi- suggestive/Ni- polr of LSE. LSE would just leave, and the EII would need to learn to "let go".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I don't know for other dichotomies, but I agree for this one. I think aristocratic/democratic traits can just be explained by funcion blockings (NF/ST vs NT/SF) ...
    basically this is the idea Reinin dichotomies: it generates all pairs that halves the socion and assigns names to it. As such since it is hard to put in words because translating it into another language makes it less comprehensible as it can carry cultural package. In general people should not stare at labels.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why do you put "a.k.a. I/O" at the end of every message?
    On the socionics.com site (accessible but no longer active), I was known as I/O but I could not register with that handle on this site. I/O better represents the information processing models to which I subscribe......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    That could be explained by the fact that you are Fi+ dominant/Ni+ demonstrative which is oriented at always increasing the degree of proximity in relationships/make sure that emotional life improves in the future. You just wouldn't want to "loose your son" and would want "the best future for him". Which of course is with you
    That's actually why EII needs the Fi- suggestive/Ni- polr of LSE. LSE would just leave, and the EII would need to learn to "let go".
    Fi Plus just means that I am willing to express my attitude and feelings about people like “I love you, you’re my son you move in with me!”

“Positive subject ethics (+). My attitude to people. Necessity to express my attitude, opinion, feelings of love. Pleasant/unpleasant. My evaluation of a thing, an object, a person.

Inverse subject ethics (-). I abhor, reject, detest.
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On the socionics.com site (accessible but no longer active), I was known as I/O but I could not register with that handle on this site. I/O better represents the information processing models to which I subscribe......

a.k.a. I/O
    Do you know what signatures are?

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    basically this is the idea Reinin dichotomies: it generates all pairs that halves the socion and assigns names to it. As such since it is hard to put in words because translating it into another language makes it less comprehensible as it can carry cultural package. In general people should not stare at labels.
    But then it doesn't create any new knowledge, right? They could have just deduced the differences btw the blockings without creating a dichotomy based on surface behaviours. From my point of view, it's just a useless step.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Do you know what signatures are?
    Yes, but they don't seem like signatures; I prefer to make my own mark rather than use pre-stamped envelopes - old school, I guess. I also use a.k.a. rather than aka.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, but they don't seem like signatures; I prefer to make my own mark rather than use pre-stamped envelopes - old school, I guess. I also use a.k.a. rather than aka.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Ok mate whatever floats ur boat

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII social mission: structural logic [Ti] + autism [Ni] (wanting the sameness) + also ignoring efficiency [Te] + getting force overload from others [Se]. LII confirmed.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @Rebelondeck Do you happen to have me on ignore? Just checking. Poke poke, test test.
    I don't know to what you are referring????? I thought your comment #21 was also answered by my comment #24. If you're referring to somewhere else, you'll have to point.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So as a democratic type myself (self type as LIE, some have pointed out I could be ILE and I definitely agree it's possible - 4D Te/4D Ne either way and both are democratic) I am probably more bias to thinking that the democratic approach is "better". I was wondering if any of the aristocratic types on this forum could describe whether the aristocratic attitude has been more of a benefit or a hindrance to you in your life.
    this aged poorly, like ur genitals will in 40 years

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did it age poorly?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ben Franklin wrote of his time as Ambassador in Paris, that in his experience, women's genitals were the only thing that didn't age badly.

Of course, he was writing in a time when 30 was considered to be over the hill and average life expectancy was 35-36.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How did it age poorly?
    cuz ur type ILE now mate. cmon

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Ben Franklin wrote of his time as Ambassador in Paris, that in his experience, women's genitals were the only thing that didn't age badly.

Of course, he was writing in a time when 30 was considered to be over the hill and average life expectancy was 35-36.
    and then u remember that queentiger has a penis

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cuz ur type ILE now mate. cmon
    I allowed room for that in my original post, learn to read.