Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Interquadra Group: What would happen?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Interquadra Group: What would happen?

    Ive been thinking about introducing my friends to each other.
    Iím an ILI, my best friend is an SEE, my close friend is an LIE and I have an ESI friend as well.
    What do you guys think would happen if all 4 members of a Quadra came together?
    Especially Gammas, since Gamma gets a bad rep for not sticking together.
    Could we accomplish something big if we came together?

  2. #2
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,839
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think more interesting experiment would be benefit ring collaboration. It should have ongoing evolutive progression.

    Anyway when activation is present it should become better if there exists a dual as a third. What about with fourth? Would it break or unite?
    Measuring you right now

  3. #3
    voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    TIM
    SEE-Se-N
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dunno, but I'm jealous of you. I have no Gammas in my vicinity.

  4. #4
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    568
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I honestly believe that intra-quadra socializing is vital for optimal "health."

    My mom is SEE and my dad was LIE and even though activity relations can be rather easy and energizing though draining af (which is why their relationship was very "off and on" throughout its duration), when we were all together, I felt at peace, like our Gamma identity was somehow a known quantity and implicitly acceptable within the environment.

    My parents eventuality split but they both got remarried, this time with their duals and we were actually all able to coexist like one big family--even when there were issues, it was almost impossible to have hard feelings that persisted. When you "get" people on an essential level, it's difficult to not be sympathetic towards them. It's kinda eery and disconcerting (in that your psyche is able to be 'disarmed') but very beautiful at the same time. Everyone deserves the gift of being/feeling understood.

  5. #5
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,283
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Ive been thinking about introducing my friends to each other.
    I’m an ILI, my best friend is an SEE, my close friend is an LIE and I have an ESI friend as well.
    What do you guys think would happen if all 4 members of a Quadra came together?
    Especially Gammas, since Gamma gets a bad rep for not sticking together.
    Could we accomplish something big if we came together?
    You could form a company.

    President/CEO: LIE
    Analyst/CFO: ILI
    Sales: SEE
    Operations Manager: ESI

    If you do this, don’t rely on a handshake and the assumption of shared values for your business vision, compensation, and stock ownership. First, decide what business you are and are not in. Then, pay the best lawyer you can find to draw up the rules and include exit strategies for everyone. Get everyone to agree (with their alterations and the lawyer’s) and sign it. The lawyer will be worth more than whatever you have to pay him.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-20-2019 at 05:04 AM.

  6. #6
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Ive been thinking about introducing my friends to each other.
    I’m an ILI, my best friend is an SEE, my close friend is an LIE and I have an ESI friend as well.
    What do you guys think would happen if all 4 members of a Quadra came together?
    Especially Gammas, since Gamma gets a bad rep for not sticking together.
    Could we accomplish something big if we came together?
    What do you think would happen?

    My guess is “probably nothing.” But what would you want to do in the first place?
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

  7. #7
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its interesting that eveyone would have a dual, an activator and a mirror present. This might induce some holistic effects.

    I think you would have to meet many times and get used to each other. On the other hand, sometimes quadra chemistry can arise quickly.

    We once wanted to try this with a LII and myself. So we invited ILE and ESE. Unfortunately an EIE showed up uninvited and destroyed our experiment. We should try again.

    These experiments are usually easy to arrange because friends are usually same quadra anyway. So maybe you just invite a friend of a friend and you'll have a quadra.

  8. #8
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If each member had equal status and power and the group had no supervision, then the mirror pairs would tend to dispute each other's priorities and goals, thus rendering the group ineffective although they may have some hearty discussions - perhaps similar in tone to what a communist and a capitalist would have.....

    a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 11-20-2019 at 12:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,283
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    If each member had equal status and power and the group had no supervision, then the mirror pairs would tend to dispute each other's priorities and goals, thus rendering the group ineffective although they may have some hearty discussions - perhaps similar in tone to what a communist and a capitalist would have.....

    a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I agree with this. I have actually seen it in practice, and I am therefore leaning towards teams comprised of all j-types or all p-types. (This is actually the source of my earlier statement that the j/p divide is larger than commonly stated.)

    How would you build a team, assuming that they all had strong egos and nearly equal status and power?

  10. #10
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    IEE DCNH-C sx/sp
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    b.. but... but what would happen?... just do it lol!

    Once I hung out with all members of my quadra, we where trying to fix some household appliances. I had never felt such a strong Si-Fi undercurrent, it was as if ... we were all ONE. We were completely in sync, even the silences were filled with "crisp kindness". And then a beta came and everyone was awkward again.
    Jg djwjmjabujpo jt up tvswjwf, xf nvtu dvmujwbuf uif tdjfodf pg ivnbo sfmbujpotijqt - uif bcjmjuz pg bmm qfpqmft, pg bmm ljoet, up mjwf uphfuifs, jo uif tbnf xpsme bu qfbdf.
    Gsbolmjo E. Spptfwfmu

  11. #11
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    .......How would you build a team, assuming that they all had strong egos and nearly equal status and power?
    Focus on the mirrors and divide responsibility such that there's no overlap. If circumstance allows it, the p-types should handle the input to the group while the j-types the output. It has to be clear how handover (interface) will work and it must be agreed to by all parties. LIE and SEE can be somewhat confrontational or bossy and should have the greatest separation in order to maintain group harmony; while ILI and ESI can be rather pigheaded or intransigent, and the ones to monitor closely because they can disengage when overwhelmed or angry and few would notice......

    a.k.a. I/O

  12. #12
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,283
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Focus on the mirrors and divide responsibility such that there's no overlap. If circumstance allows it, the p-types should handle the input to the group while the j-types the output. It has to be clear how handover (interface) will work and it must be agreed to by all parties. LIE and SEE can be somewhat confrontational or bossy and should have the greatest separation in order to maintain group harmony; while ILI and ESI can be rather pigheaded or intransigent, and the ones to monitor closely because they can disengage when overwhelmed or angry and few would notice......

    a.k.a. I/O
    Great reply, @Rebelondeck, but I was actually asking about types from other quadras. For example, I particularly value LII's, LSI's, SLI's, LSE's, EII's, SLE's, IEI-Fe's, and SEI-Fe's in work relationships. Not all of those are j-types.

  13. #13
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    .....but I was actually asking about types from other quadras. For example, I particularly value LII's, LSI's, SLI's, LSE's, EII's, SLE's, IEI-Fe's, and SEI-Fe's in work relationships. Not all of those are j-types.
    You imply far more complication and nuance. During my career, I've used different tactics on different types at various skill and confidence levels in various teams - and there are noticeable, broad trends. The separation of externally-referenced types and the monitoring of the internally are two of those trends as well as p-types for input and j for output - but there are a lot of "if-thens" and I don't want to write an article......

    a.k.a. I/O

  14. #14
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,283
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    You imply far more complication and nuance. During my career, I've used different tactics on different types at various skill and confidence levels in various teams - and there are noticeable, broad trends. The separation of externally-referenced types and the monitoring of the internally are two of those trends as well as p-types for input and j for output - but there are a lot of "if-thens" and I don't want to write an article......

    a.k.a. I/O
    OK, thanks, @Rebelondeck.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    at work one time we had an SLI/IEE LSE/ and I was the EII all in the same cube, and we all talked about interesting foods we would like to try . What was interesting was that the 4 of us didn't break into cliques, we had a whole group discussion where everyone was involved, even though some of the people never really spoke to each other b4. And it wasn't one person dominating the convo, it was like a pot in the middle of the cube and we just threw in our perspective. Had to interrupt the LSE a few times to get a word in though lol.

  16. #16
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Adam Strange I misspoke when I said: "...The separation of externally-referenced types and the monitoring of the internally are two of those trends..." For some relationships this seems true but not all; for example, I've seen LIE and ESE work well together right from the get go without any initial division of power. Also, variables like sexual attraction will change the dynamic of relationships with potential ego clashes so I shouldn't make such sweeping statements.....

    a.k.a. I/O

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •