Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Hating Society

  1. #41
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Millions upon millions of triggered armed SJWs LMAO
    Triggered pulling Triggers(TM)
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  2. #42
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s clear you’ve never had a real shit job or experienced a situation that lacked Western morals or justice @_@

    “Corrosive neoliberalism” is there to corrode even worse shit which you clearly haven’t experienced and lack the empathy and imagination to put yourself in the shoes of others to understand.
    Considering he literally quoted the Ayatollah of the country which no one wants to exist, he has problems.
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  3. #43
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a side-note, America is probably one of the few places you can act like the Spartan of your dreams. I know Germany/Austria/Switzerland and Scandinavian countries have lenient weapons laws like America, but in really non-Western countries you often can't even own a gun and go hunt, and in England they're trying to ban knives due to all the gun crimes being replaced with knife crimes when knives were banned. Yes, go be a cucked little Spartan fantasist in the virgin Middle East instead of a real Spartan in the Chad America. (On that note, Chad is probably the least Chad country ever.)
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  4. #44
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,637
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    (On that note, Chad is probably the least Chad country ever.)

  5. #45
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I don't even play this game but LOL. (Also, isn't Hearts of Iron a reference to Reinhard Heydrich, mastermind of the Shoah? The only German leaders are Hitler and a guy who doesn't look German at all so of course they would.)
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  6. #46
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    827
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    As a side-note, America is probably one of the few places you can act like the Spartan of your dreams. I know Germany/Austria/Switzerland and Scandinavian countries have lenient weapons laws like America, but in really non-Western countries you often can't even own a gun and go hunt, and in England they're trying to ban knives due to all the gun crimes being replaced with knife crimes when knives were banned. Yes, go be a cucked little Spartan fantasist in the virgin Middle East instead of a real Spartan in the Chad America. (On that note, Chad is probably the least Chad country ever.)
    I never said anything about Sparta and never gave the slightest intimation that I admire Sparta (I don't). Also your belief about non-Western countries banning guns is dead wrong, considering how prolific and readily available guns are in Africa and the Middle East. Outdated and barely functioning guns, but still guns.

  7. #47
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
    I never said anything about Sparta and never gave the slightest intimation that I admire Sparta (I don't). Also your belief about non-Western countries banning guns is dead wrong, considering how prolific and readily available guns are in Africa and the Middle East. Outdated and barely functioning guns, but still guns.
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  8. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    TIM
    SLE-H 6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think some people and our society is somewhat stupid and ignorant as a whole, but no I don't hate them. I don't think it's constructive to yourself or others to hate everyone and everything around you.

    Hate is also not a healthy emotion that can lead to many psychological and physical health problems if not managed properly.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't hate society, I find it confusing and I keep wondering why about a bunch of things most peeps just accept as... how people are? or something, idek.
    Having to play a role to be socialy accepted make me hateful though.
    I just threw all typings out the window, so not useful on the stack part, So blind makes the sense, probably.

  10. #50
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Posts
    3,452
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Thoughts that came from sbbds's questionnaire thread (plugged here) but I didn't wanna stray too far from topic.

    Do you consciously/actively have a hatred for society?

    I guess the definition of such is open and vague, but according to my own understanding, I don't hate it, I just see it as something that IS, like air. It has qualities that entertain and/or educate me, as well as, yeah, hateful aspects. It's just a thing, that's like, u know, totally THERE, and stuff.

    And what's your instinct stacking? I'm sp/sx. The one type thing that has gone unquestioned in like 15-20 years, so accept it.

    Do you think said hatred and instinct stacking are related? I don't think about such things myself, but I often like to listen to ppl make abstract generalizations or wax philosophical about shit (I'm a member of this forum, right?) So have at it.
    Of course not. Without society we would still live like monkeys

  11. #51
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,751
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    There are such societies. They are called third grade.


    My LSI brother once told me about a gym where he was going to and where no women literally ever kept going because most guys in there were openly farting all the time. It was like "their thing" and they thought it was funny.

  12. #52
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I think some people and our society is somewhat stupid and ignorant as a whole, but no I don't hate them. I don't think it's constructive to yourself or others to hate everyone and everything around you.

    Hate is also not a healthy emotion that can lead to many psychological and physical health problems if not managed properly.
    I think it can be healthy to hate certain temporary things, like rattlesnakes and tapeworms and mold or something, but hating many things persistently will probably literally give you cancer.
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


  13. #53
    lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    / / /
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes I have, but it was accompanied by self-loathing too. Everything "bad" I see in society I also see reflected in me in a small or large way. I'm so/sx and sometimes I get anxious reading news, I had to stop FB because when Trump was first elected there seemed to be so much collective suffering from ppl who felt like they'd lose their health insurance or whatever, I felt a lot of pain mixed with guilt for not being in that position. I couldn't read news for several months. There are specific activities that tend to get me more and more anxious, all having to do with online media, and so I've cut down on my intake. Not only can online media be stressful but it doesn't reward deep focus and leads to more of a frazzled parallel-processing brain that can't quiet down, in my experience.

    Things that I tend to dislike about society include inequality of many kinds and esp if I benefit, ppl being oblivious about experiences outside their immediate circle resulting in ignorant politics or policies, low empathy for difference, the politics of the right and the contemptuousness of the left... you name it, I've probably had a slight reaction at some point. I'm not proud.

    I've also feared that once you engage socially people can expect more than you have energy for, they might be upset that you failed to text them or blah blah and take it really personally. So when I was in that state of mind I saw social expectations as primarily a way to make someone feel selfish for having private hobbies, but I've evened out.

  14. #54
    lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    / / /
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, and as a social four I primarily conceive "society" as a collection of strangers ready to hurt me just for being alive.

  15. #55
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,234
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    This country is in spiritual starvation.
    Is that really so? Over here in Holland (a country that culturally has a lot in common with the Nordic countries) the number of people visiting churches are declining rapidly, but it does not mean people are getting less spiritual. It only means they are no longer members of a formally organized religion, but they do believe in something. In Dutch we call this 'ietsisme´, freely translated that means they believe in 'something-ism'. Like many other aspects of life, religion iand spirituality ncreasingly are becoming something highly individualistic.

    A lot of people over here believe that Holland is becoming less religious as well (which is also a matter of wishful thinking), but sociological research shows this is not the case. Only the numbers of members of churches are in rapid decline.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,347
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    a society are people
    mainly a hate to people is a result of egocentric attitude
    also of a fear of them when a human has an anxiety to act as wanted among them. of the lack of good from people which a human would want to get from them

    Those who hate "a society" are doubtful to love anyone. When you love someone - you have an attitude to better emotions to other people too. Accept easier the groups they organise.

    So it's not so much about a society, but a problem with people in general, the lack of love to people. A psychopathic trait.
    Parrents do not hate own children despite how inferior those are. As they love them, have a compassion to them. The same is with a society.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  17. #57
    Dark Rainbow bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    IEE-Fi-H, E4 sx/so
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel you. I've been highly affected by what I read/see from the news as well.

    "Things that I tend to dislike about society include inequality of many kinds and esp if I benefit, ppl being oblivious about experiences outside their immediate circle resulting in ignorant politics or policies, low empathy for difference"- agreed on this as well




    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Sometimes I have, but it was accompanied by self-loathing too. Everything "bad" I see in society I also see reflected in me in a small or large way. I'm so/sx and sometimes I get anxious reading news, I had to stop FB because when Trump was first elected there seemed to be so much collective suffering from ppl who felt like they'd lose their health insurance or whatever, I felt a lot of pain mixed with guilt for not being in that position. I couldn't read news for several months. There are specific activities that tend to get me more and more anxious, all having to do with online media, and so I've cut down on my intake. Not only can online media be stressful but it doesn't reward deep focus and leads to more of a frazzled parallel-processing brain that can't quiet down, in my experience.

    Things that I tend to dislike about society include inequality of many kinds and esp if I benefit, ppl being oblivious about experiences outside their immediate circle resulting in ignorant politics or policies, low empathy for difference, the politics of the right and the contemptuousness of the left... you name it, I've probably had a slight reaction at some point. I'm not proud.

    I've also feared that once you engage socially people can expect more than you have energy for, they might be upset that you failed to text them or blah blah and take it really personally. So when I was in that state of mind I saw social expectations as primarily a way to make someone feel selfish for having private hobbies, but I've evened out.
    "I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best, the subject I want to know better."
    4 core, sx/so slight sx bend, xNFp Melancholic, Negotiator, Explorer




  18. #58
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    TIM
    1sx
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Piggybacking off what Squark said, I used to hate small talk, but I guess I, developed the skill for it. I don't mind it so much anymore. Sometimes it can lead to more interesting talks.

    I don't hate society, but maybe certain expectations and "norms" like Sb said, I more hate what happens to people when they are different and expectations to fit into a certain mold (or being looked down on if you don't fit well into it). How you view society is probably pretty dependent on where you live too ofc. The small talk thing kind of ties into this, since small talk often includes questions like, what do you do for work, are you married, do you have a family etc. Some people's reactions can be odd if you're like "I don't want to build a family", but honestly, f*** those people.
    Heh, well when you mention questions like "what do you do for work" "are you married" I actually do hate questions like that even though I don't mind small talk in general. I kind of don't want people to ask me about myself at all, but I'm fine with listening to them tell me things. I guess I find questions personal and prying that most people don't, and then I freeze up . . . I get visibly uncomfortable and quieter and quieter the more prying is done that I can't divert. But I'll listen to someone talking about themselves or will talk about topics outside of myself, anything that isn't about me is fine. I once listened to someone talking about gemstones for nearly an hour just because they wanted to talk and I was there, but it actually was interesting.

    I guess I'm just very stingy with giving out information about myself. Part of that is because I don't really know how to describe my life and what I do . . . it's not very easy to explain in a sentence. And I rarely listen to music so questions like "what kind of music do you listen to" also just make me seem very odd to most people. I'd rather just listen to them talk about themselves and their interests and let them assume I'm normal. I'm pretty good at diverting conversations away from me usually, and most people don't notice. Sometimes they realize after the fact, but usually not even then. One guy I worked for called specifically to ask how I was doing, and we talked for a long time and then it was only after he hung up when his wife asked him how I was doing that he realized I never actually said.

    Tying in with the main topic, I guess I don't really fit into society in a way that makes sense to most people, and I end up just confusing them as they either categorize me in a way that's really not like me at all, or they don't know how to categorize me. Those prying questions I think are often used to shortcut what a person is, to find a way to decide who they are without actually having to know who they are. Someone says something like, "I'm a doctor, married with no children, and I listen to classical music" you get a picture that makes some kind of sense, you think you know what sort of person this is, there's a file, a picture stored away that matches these criteria. But people don't really know what to do with what I tell them about myself, it's never what they expect when they see me, or it doesn't jive with the other info they've picked up so they just look completely flummoxed. It saves the trouble to just skirt around the issue entirely and let them judge based on what they see.

    That kind of shortcutting also happens when typing people, which is why I think sometimes people understand less about those they've typed than those they haven't. They stop listening when they've made up their minds and decided you're a particular sort of person, and never find out who you actually are.

  19. #59
    Professionally Typed RPG Class Warlock coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    in a society
    TIM
    NFable
    Posts
    2,640
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think everyone here should go to the same university, become intellectuals, and have a professors' fishing and hunting club and come up with all our ideas while drinking and waiting for fish/deer. It would change the world, or something.
    I am disappointed in humanity for not sending unsolicited nude pictures to aliens.
    We're all mad here.
     


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •