• Questionnaires

2 22.22%
  • Tests

2 22.22%
  • VI

0 0%
  • Other(please explain)

5 55.56%

Thread: What's the best choice when typing someone?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the best choice when typing someone?

If you can, explain why you think your preferred method is superior.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

when it's possibly to use special typing methods - as tests, questionnaires, to ask questions, to think about the behavior - those should be used
    VI is important, as it _also_ takes into account nonverbal behavior. and VI can be used for people who are not known to you enough to use other methods
    if you have enough data for other methods - use it, as the more data - the higher accuracy

when you type famouses or people which know about types - there is only VI to trust, it should the main method. as about famouses you know too few and that info is doubtful. and people who know about types may mislead you by trying to look closer to some types when answer on tests and questionnaires (their behavior outside of typing process is more interesting)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It needs to be a combination. The easiest one for me is to chat with them a bit to get a general idea of what they're like, then have them take one or two socionics tests that supply charts at the end rather than just a result, then look at those charts and narrow it down to usually two options, then explain the difference between those and let them determine which fits them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we talk about a "normal" adult who's being honest about his/her preferences, then good tests are way more reliable than VI and Questionnaire which results depends on the personal opinion of random stranger/s on the web (who are rarely well versed in socionics).
    Last edited by Hope; 11-18-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm assuming you meant the best method for giving your opinion, as a random stranger? (Not that soliciting the opinions of strangers is ideal.)

Given the options, I'd say questionnaire because it involves actual interaction, of sorts.

I feel like there's a little something to VI, even if I scoff about how most people seem to either measure and compare chin height or analyze attractiveness. I only trust my own use of it insofar as preliminary, changeable opinions that I wouldn't share with the person except in a jocular way if asked.

Tests? Have they ever used a test, and thus developed a certain knowledge base about things? What are they currently dealing with or preoccupied with that might influence their answers? I mean, it's definitely not useless information but I'm biased in my reflections by seeing the results offered up as proofs too many times.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My preferred method of identifying types is by VI, but it isn't always effective.

I use VI because I can't give tests to random people, and I there are lots of instances where knowing which type they are is advantageous. But I like to supplement an initial visual impression with longer term observations and interactions, and if they are willing to take a test, then I use that, too. However, I know an IEE who kept testing as ESE because she is married to an ILE and had been trying to please him, unsuccessfully. (Then she met an SLI and is getting a divorce.)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be with someone in IRL and use my Godmode Se to viscerally sense how much energy each one of their IEs is giving off. I beep out a code which signifies what TIM they are.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is an article in Gulenko's book about this, it's a good read

https://www.amazon.com/Psychological...3611940&sr=8-1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best is to spend time together and get to know each other, to work on some project, to do some activity together. Work & play. Just different things that will bring out the personality. I also automatically monitor my own reactions to get a feel for the relationship.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

tests are useless, questionaires unreliable, VI (for me) is reliable but depends on if u have good S
    everything else is just observing what the person does, actions speak louder than words. also u need to have a nose for interpretation.

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Call no man SEI until he is dead." - Sol-on (c.630 - c.560 BC)