Thread: New to Socionics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default New to Socionics

I know it's difficult for some people to type themselves in association with the functions but I hope that my small guide will help you.

It maybe hard for you to look at these 8 functions and say "which one do I use?" "which one do I use first?" "which one do others see me using?" but I feel as though the best self discovery may be made through journaling. Some topics you should explore are:

1. Ask a parent and a sibling "what am I like?"

I know when I ask my cousins they often tell me "you're very calm" and "you sit in the corner and journal even when you're at a party" so I journaled this and later on it meant that I don't do much Fe. So much of this meant that I was an introvert. Anyway, you get some interesting insights and objective perspective about yourself when you ask those who know you well.

2. You should write down what you say, how you react, what you react to. Your words are often very important in exploring the functions. If you happen to want to draw attention to yourself in a theatrical way, or you feel left out and need to feel important or included by others...these all shed interesting lights about you.

Long story short...journaling is a wonderful self discover and I encourage it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Ask a parent and a sibling "what am I like?"
    and your dog

To understand own type is good: to do tests, to get opinions, to read books. Then to think about own type and types of other people (>10) near with significant communication, and who were significantly and irrationally pleasant/unpleasant in the life, - until geting good fit to IR theory.

It's extraverts for who is harder to do an introspection and hence may want to ask others. What is another point on your extraverted type EIE. Your approach has leaded you to the mistake. Including because the ones who you asked about your types' traits do not understand the types theory at all and you oversteemated the importance of their opinions.
    Last edited by Sol; 11-12-2019 at 03:51 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m not your ideal EII @Sol, but you are not married to me and you don’t have to be my friend. You can just over look my posts and move on, please.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Please reference to this article that explains the difference between shyness and introversion

https://www.verywellfamily.com/the-d...verted-1448616
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Petition to change @Beautiful sky 's name to Sky.

1 like is 1 vote.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Petition to change @Beautiful sky 's name to Sky.

1 like is 1 vote.

Lol I don’t mind changing it
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also please note the phenomena of “same type but different experiences” when you attempt to type someone. This can commonly manifest in Te types by the reference that they use to the knowledge and facts that each base their judgements and understanding on as an example.
    -