Thread: How good is your sensory

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How good is your sensory

Last edited by Ibreen; 02-09-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People of all types can have acute sensory abilities such as hearing, balance, depth perception, and hand-eye coordination; these are more reactive (stimulus-response) than truly cognitive in the Socionics sense - perhaps modelled as SLI-like in their execution although automatic. It might be erroneous to assign innate abilities, to which you allude, all to a particular information element.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Footsteps ring a bell. I can usually tell who is walking down the stairs by the weight it seems to apply to the floor and the general rhythm. Sometimes I can ‘feel’ who is approaching me.
    2. Mostly I think I’m ok at this. But I know people who are much better.
    3. Sometimes. I definitely take it into consideration, but it’s not the only thing that matters. Really pretty people can be ugly and ugly peoples can be beautiful, just because of their personality, if that makes any sense
    4. I’m terrible at drawling. Possibly the worst I know. I think it’s something that would take practice and I haven’t really tried that much, so it could be partly that.
    5. No, I suck st things like that tbh
    6. ?
    7. I can tell the different between velvet and silk. Yes. If I knew the names of the wood, I’m sure I’d be able to distinguish given time and experience.
    8. Possibly. But I’m not sure about being better than others in this. I feel like it’s something to learn from experience

One thing I have to say is that I am really good at spotting deer on the side of the road, before anyone else. Yesterday I heard the school bus approaching before anyone else, and I was in the freaking bathroom. People in the living room completely missed the fact it was right outside. However I can drive by a house for 15 years and one day just notice it. So idk lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se types have more attention on an environment "as is". Si more evaluate secondary as comfort/harmony of that

having a functon as strong means, compared to average, easier studing and potentionally higher results taking same efforts. this may lead to better than average some skills in those regions

> Master drawing or painting in a few days sensory lead

to S relates the drawing in the sense to copy a picture or draw a composition, not from an imagination
    this can be trained in large degree. and may relate not only to Jung types, can be specific predispositions

> Pick up driving in a few days

driving, flying control correlate with S

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m Terrible with details and I’m not good with awareness of my environment and I don’t have as high energy in a consistent way. I don’t have great will power although I am determined and it just goes on and on. I’m also terrible at recognizing color matching and texture so I don’t pay attention to it
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Si is hard to describe. It is a state were the environment is perceived as through a filter, heavily colored by the unconscious.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Good Si is hard to describe. It is a state were the environment is perceived as through a filter, heavily colored by the unconscious.
    It’s easily observed. I can see my SEI nephew sitting back in a couch, in a very relaxed and let loose manner and taking things in.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    It’s easily observed. I can see my SEI nephew sitting back in a couch, in a very relaxed and let loose manner and taking things in.
    Yes. Thats how it looks from the outside. But whats being "taken in " is not "things" but the impressions that things make. The real environment is pretty much ignored.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. Thats how it looks from the outside. But whats being "taken in " is not "things" but the impressions that things make. The real environment is pretty much ignored.
    Yes I agree with you. You said it well
    -

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more interested in the aspect of Se that concerns knowing the right amount of force to exert on an object (including one's self) in order to move it through space--I will always be marveled by strong Se valuers' ability to do this seemingly with ease, precision, sophistication and mastery.

Throughout my career, I've worked closely with MMA fighters (namely Beta STs) and Ballet/Modern dancers (Gamma SFs) and it truly is a talent to know just the right amount of force to use when kicking or jumping in order to land a blow or stick a landing successfully/accurately/beautifully. I'm naturally like a bull in a China shop. Manifesting any kind of corporeal grace takes focus and concentration on the present moment without getting pulled into my Ni (which is probably envisioning the end result of whatever it is I should be "focused" and "present" for), which is difficult.

I'd wager LIE/ENTJ commanders are known for brutality in battle because of low D Se and not being able to readily discern how much force is enough, and instead opting to use full force so as to completely decimate and annihilate one's opponent, so as to not allow them a chance to regroup. IME, Beta STs don't have to go all out like that because they are far more confident in their ability to succesfully neutralize a threat without being "unnecessary."
    Last edited by Alonzo; 11-11-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staying in the present moment is hard af. I try though and I have my moments. My mind is always wandering.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    I'm more interested in the aspect of Se that concerns knowing the right amount of force to exert on an object (including themslves) in order to move it through space--I will always be marveled by strong Se valuers' ability to do this seemingly with ease, precision, sophistication and mastery.

Throughout my career, I've worked closely with MMA fighters (namely Beta STs) and Ballet/Modern dancers (Gamma SFs) and it truly is a talent to know just the right amount of force to use when kicking or jumping in order to land a blow or stick a landing successfully/accurately/beautifully. I'm naturally like a bull in a China shop. Manifesting any kind of corporeal grace takes focus and concentration on the present moment without getting pulled into my Ni (which is probably envisioning the end result of whatever it is I should be "focused" and "present" for), which is difficult.

I'd wager LIE/ENTJ commanders are known for brutality in battle because of low D Se and not being able to readily discern how much force is enough, and instead opting to use full force so as to completely decimate and annihilate one's opponent, so as to not allow them a chance to regroup. IME, Beta STs don't have to go all out like that because they are far more confident in their ability to succesfully neutralize a threat without being "unnecessary."
    An SEE coworker would go up to people confidently and even bump into them but very confidently and unassumingly say “oh excuse me!” And literally move people to part for her way. It was interesting to observe. She was great and very friendly though and would shop for me. Their Se doesn’t always work smoothly. Sometimes they can drive their SO up the wall
    -

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I can tell who it is by the way they walk up stairs if I've heard it a couple of times. Silhouettes are hit or miss.
    2. If someone has gone behind me I unconsciously keep track of where they are. I keep track of shadows and movement easily.

3. I haven't tried driving yet, but I'm really good at bumper cars, if that counts. I also have a faster reaction time while biking than some friends.

Also, what @Beautiful sky describes about the SEE bumping/touching people to have them make way, that's something I do as well. It comes naturally to reach out and gently nudge them by the arm or shoulder one way or another.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Questions

Does discomfort cause you to cry?
    Or do you cry when you are unable to come up with the words to explain your feelings?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    intuitives always surprise me with how they aren’t aware of some things lol but Ni leads have it worse from my experience. A particular thing happened that an ILI was looking for a shirt and called it a shirt with flowers (I had it)
    .) finally I brought it out one day and they actually meant a shirt with two ovals. They mistook ovals for flowers, who knows what else they miss
    My mom is INTP. Although she can have her own sense of style she is often in envy of her girlfriend’s ability to look well put together and she tries to too but often gives up because she can not. It’s alright! She has a great memory for stories and poems and she recites them to my daughter
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

intuitives always surprise me with how they aren’t aware of some things lol but Ni leads have it worse from my experience. A particular thing happened that an ILI was looking for a shirt and called it a shirt with flowers (I had it)
    .) finally I brought it out one day and they actually meant a shirt with two ovals. They mistook ovals for flowers, who knows what else they miss
    Right now looking at my feet I have a gray sock and a black sock. Sometimes I wear shirts inside out. One day I was wearing different pair of shoes. It is not bad though it usually seems like I'm pre cathing time before things happen. Makes lots of drivers freaked out when I just predetermine somethings in advance when riding a bike (like holding balance – they think I'm going to ride in front of them and stop).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a:
    1. ‘I can recognize people by their silhouettes or footsteps’ Sensory lead
    I used to be able to recognize my family’s footsteps when I lived with them. When I was a kid, I’d get punished for reading at night. So I learned to be able to recognize very soft footsteps, and especially to distinguish between them — I could breathe a little more easily if I heard my sister going to get a glass of water as opposed to hurriedly turning off my light and pretending to be asleep. But I don’t have this ability with other people, and I’m not sure I’d be able to do this with my family anymore.

2. Knows where everyone is at any given time sensory lead
    Is omniscience S-related? Tbh, I’m not sure what this question is meant to get at, so I guess it doesn’t apply to me.

3. Judge people by their cover sensory lead
    I’d describe myself as a very judgemental person. I’ve been described that way by others too fwtw. These judgements tend to come quickly, and are generally negative: namely, for the most part, that people are self-centered morons.

4. Master drawing or painting in a few days sensory lead
    I’m a philistine and can neither appreciate artwork nor draw an animal that doesn’t look like a fat caterpillar.

5. Pick up driving in a few days sensory lead
    It took me several months to feel comfortable driving.

6. Builex™️ sensory lead
    ?

7. Categorize wood type, fabric and other textures sensory lead
    I don’t even tend to know the names for those sorts of categories, let alone be able to know them by touch.

8. Figure out someone’s origin by build sensory lead
    I don’t think I can do this by build, but I like to guess this sort of thing by talking with people. For instance, I was once talking with a guy and thought “This guy seems like he’s a high school gym teacher.” Lo and behold he tells me he’s a retired high school gym teacher.

So, what kind of sensory lead am I??

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm a walk into a bathroom and figure out who's taking a shit sensory lead

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an intuitive one
    Is that good?? シ

TIM
    SLI-Si H 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a:
    6. Builex™️ sensory lead

Ofc this applies more to Se users and mine is pretty specific, so anyone can add their own.
    1, 4, and 5
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

Socioville Discord: https://discord.gg/yAfc4ZU

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Super Se here...she's pretty ...but all her shoes look the same to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONB2AUmfcdE
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions

Does discomfort cause you to cry?
    Or do you cry when you are unable to come up with the words to explain your feelings?
    lol, Are you trying to type me? And I have to choose only between these two? I've never cried in these situations, and I don't see them as problems. I try to avoid discomfort as much as I can but I am not afraid of it either, and I can stand situations that are physically very uncomfortable. I don't know if I even try to explain my feelings very much, so it is not really a problem for me. I like to put words on feelings, but not explain. Most frustration I have with taking action and "operating in the world".

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, Are you trying to type me? And I have to choose only between these two? I've never cried in these situations, and I don't see them as problems. I try to avoid discomfort as much as I can but I am not afraid of it either, and I can stand situations that are physically very uncomfortable. I don't know if I even try to explain my feelings very much, so it is not really a problem for me. I like to put words on feelings, but not explain. Most frustration I have with taking action and "operating in the world".
    Not at all. I have always typed you SEI and I am curious how the environment plays in your mind
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you a:
    6. Builex™️ sensory lead

Ofc this applies more to Se users and mine is pretty specific, so anyone can add their own.
    wow the most useless skills on the planet nice

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow the most useless person on tHe planet nice
    Wow ur profile picture is ugly

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    wow the most useless skills on the planet nice
    Would you two like to get married?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You two are so cute. You’re like a married couple still in love hahah
    -

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolute crap by that standard.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I turned on the wrong burner again... (yesterday this burned an EIE family member)

Is this a sign of bad sensory?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I turned on the wrong burner again... (yesterday this burned an EIE family member)

Is this a sign of bad sensory?
    Only if you burn down the entire neighborhood.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to share a story, but I don't know if it's a good idea. Let's just say one time I came home to a house filled with smoke.

Okay, I will just say it. I was boiling hummingbird water on the stove and I forgot and decided to walk my dog.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-16-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You two are so cute. You’re like a married couple still in love hahah
    youre a married couple out of love? yikes

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Couldn't really answer this without a real world test.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    youre a married couple out of love? yikes
    Of course
    -