TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default The mornings

Are so beautiful...

One of my favorite habits is listening to Bosa Nova morning coffee jazz and enjoying english tea with milk.

You?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sleep through most mornings and have my breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once around midnight

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get up around 6 and get dressed, get my stuff and I've been going to a gas station nearby to get a coffee. Then to work. No breakfast.

I've been thinking it would be nice to have slow mornings like Beautiful Sky, but then I'd have to get up even earlier.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wake up after 5.9 hours of sleep. This is pretty consistent. Eight hours of sleep is basically sleeping in to me. I wake up like a light turns on. Get out of bed, instantly realize my feet hurt because I stand all day and I'm getting old and I'm falling apart, take a shower, comb my hair, get dressed, go downstairs and have breakfast. Read email during breakfast, check my phone for what I need to do that day. Put on jacket from the front hall closet. Get in car, call anyone who needs to be called on the way to work, then arrive at work and go into the building. I don't drink coffee until mid morning. I don't listen to music until late afternoon, when my brain has stopped being creative.

When I'm on the road, it's the same routine, except the rooms are all on one floor and I might lift weights or check out before getting into the car.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yoga always.
    I wake up at 5 all the time and my mornings move, gotta have that 20 minutes though to stretch the sleep out.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my schedule has changed so much throughout life, but I do agree that there is something magical about the early morning, from astronomical dawn (the "blue" hour) through sunrise

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best memories is when we pulled an allnighter then drove home early morning just to see a magnificient sunrise above the mail area. Not a living soul beside us in that sole moving car.
    My mornings... are unscheduled and chaotic.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kill off crippling doubt and anxiety fast. Then I get to doing my business.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to wake everyone up and get them ready for school. Then I drink my morning coffee while watching cartoons. Check stuff online a bit. And start a load of laundry. It’s usually pretty chaotic. Any time I get to relax is at night after everyone has gone to bed. I wish I could take more time sinking it all in. I used to more, when I was able.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After I wake up I get dressed and make my bed (thanks LSE dad for this ingrained habit). I eat breakfast and brush my teeth. All the while I check my phone (messages, social media). I go and hug my cat until she swats at me. Otherwise everything else depends on what I'll be doing that day... My morning beverage varies as well.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I kill off crippling doubt and anxiety fast. Then I get to doing my business.
    Morgondagen.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate mornings: I always wake up with a big boner, but I need to be awake for at least half an hour, otherwise my orgasms come out half baked. So that's always a bummer.

I guess I am more of an evening person...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

For the first time my LSE husband was able to wake up early (8am) and had enough energy to take us to a large outdoor farmers market. Baby walked amongst people and got to sample berries and my husband and I got to hug and kiss, hold hands and talk about current political atmosphere.
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It has been a decade or something when I quit breakfast. I just put clothes on do random stuff and leave. I quit coffee when I was 3 years old.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wake up at 6 everyday, no exceptions. Then jogging (20 km). A well-spent morning gives you confidence for the rest of the day.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake up, drink tea/coffee/lemon water till I poop, shower, then get ready for work.
    If bf is over then we cuddle and maybe do it, and I usually make him breakfast before he and/or I leave for work.

I also like to go for a morning walk and go grocery shopping near me if I have time.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hit snooze 20 times, set the alarm for 30 minutes ahead 3 times, get up, fall back asleep, sit in my bed for an hour on my phone, stand up from bed, start planning all the shit I need to do, curse my existence, wander around doing nothing for 30 minutes, get ready and leave

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally hate mornings; I'm a proper creature of the night. I also have shitty Si and maintaining a consistent morning routine ain't easy.

But when I have good ones, it's because:

1.) My circadian rhythm (sleep-wake cycle) is intact and I naturally awake when I should, without the need for an alarm.

2.) Of some type of physical release > cardio, weightlifting or .

3.) I scarf down some sort of high protein + "Super Green Food" for energy, like wheat grass/kale smoothies--a more stable "high" I find; coffee is like crack for me, so I try to leave it alone.

4.) I have something really interesting and compelling that I'm going to get into that day.

5.) The sun is shining too brightly to be ignored.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Hit snooze 20 times, set the alarm for 30 minutes ahead 3 times, get up, fall back asleep, sit in my bed for an hour on my phone, stand up from bed, start planning all the shit I need to do, curse my existence, wander around doing nothing for 30 minutes, get ready and leave
    Sounds like a plan.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

disclaimer: my morning doesn't last this long actually. It ends around 10:30am.

My wake up time has little to do with time- it has to do with the sun. I always get up ~30-60 minutes before the sky lightens up, and before the sun peeps. This is usually around 4:30-5:30am.

Then i feed the dogs, make coffee but don't drink it usually, eat breakfast, drink 1 cup of coffee, take my dogs for a hike, drink some water and more coffee and more food, then go out again for another hike by myself, then come home and clean up, then do some minor house cleaning, then let lunch sorta make itself while I sit on the computer for the next few hours. I might make some tea or more coffee from 12pm to 3pm but not after that 'less it be some kind of sedative concoction.

If I'm bored I'll starting drinking alcohol by 4pm, otherwise I'll be entertaining myself somehow.

Uhm... eat my last meal around 6-7pm, then I decide whether to drink more alcohol or just chill.

I usually like to study/watch interesting stuff around 8-10pm before going to bed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Plan plan plan
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I wake up after 5.9 hours of sleep. This is pretty consistent. Eight hours of sleep is basically sleeping in to me. I wake up like a light turns on. Get out of bed, instantly realize my feet hurt because I stand all day and I'm getting old and I'm falling apart, take a shower, comb my hair, get dressed, go downstairs and have breakfast. Read email during breakfast, check my phone for what I need to do that day. Put on jacket from the front hall closet. Get in car, call anyone who needs to be called on the way to work, then arrive at work and go into the building. I don't drink coffee until mid morning. I don't listen to music until late afternoon, when my brain has stopped being creative.

When I'm on the road, it's the same routine, except the rooms are all on one floor and I might lift weights or check out before getting into the car.
    You make yourself sound like a cooler version of this, Adam

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend the early hours shaking my fist at the sky, loudly cursing the rising sun until enough passersby notice and I have to stop.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this thread @Beautiful sky . Thank you

I’m starting this morning with black coffee, EDM, texting people, reading articles related to my field, and foruming. :3 No time to shower perhaps! Or actually I’ll try to squeeze one in.

I have a habit of putting a Tiger Balm (a strong menthol paste) under my nostrils and all over my face if I want to really wake up, btw. This works for pulling all-nighters too. Anything really strongly minty should work. It’s like ripping off a bandaid of sleepiness.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I lie in bed, snooze snooze snooze
    I stand and stumble a bit
    I hit the sink, blow my nose and wash my face
    I swish a bit of water from the sink
    Coffee
    Email
    Some texts

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I like this thread @Beautiful sky . Thank you

I’m starting this morning with black coffee, EDM, texting people, reading articles related to my field, and foruming. :3 No time to shower perhaps! Or actually I’ll try to squeeze one in.

I have a habit of putting a Tiger Balm (a strong menthol paste) under my nostrils and all over my face if I want to really wake up, btw. This works for pulling all-nighters too. Anything really strongly minty should work. It’s like ripping off a bandaid of sleepiness.
    You're welcome
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i like mornings too when i witness them. usually its when i stay up untill the morning. sometimes i experience great calm when i walk around in the morning

but usually i sleep through them.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I sleep 6±2 hours with random breaks and I wake up around 3±1 times during night. Yeah, I can not even sleep continuously. How the hell someone can sleep 5.9 hours? Sounds borderline autistic Ni.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type