Thread: Realizing You've Typed Yourself Incorrectly

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Realizing You've Typed Yourself Incorrectly

There are a billion reasons why I've mistyped myself but I just wanted to say I'm not an EIE. I'm actually SEE. I wonder how many people are open to being wrong about their type. I often see people defend that they are a certain type like it's a death sentence for them not to be that type. I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible and I admit fault.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It happens bro.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop making the Gamma quadra look dumb, thank you >_<

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatchback176 View Post
    "Look" dumb?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    "Look" dumb?
    Yeah, everybody knows Alpha NT's are the smart ones.

/sarcasm

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah actually I'm the emo who has spotted numerous logical mistakes made by all knowing @Sol who thinks that calculus is bollocks.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeBeyondEarth View Post
    There are a billion reasons why I've mistyped myself but I just wanted to say I'm not an EIE. I'm actually SEE.
    actually, you may change your opinion later again

> I often see people defend that they are a certain type like it's a death sentence for them not to be that type.

Emotional argumentation to protect own opinion is more common for F types as they:
    1) have more doubts in own thoughts to be true (about own type, for example) and weaker logical basis to use it,
    2) are more emotionally attached to the opinion, for example when this, as they think, means good IR with someone important for them or better fits to the chosen occupation, etc

On socioforum damn F types noobs were so annoyed by disagreements with their incompetent opinions about own types that forced admin to forbid to say disagreements with the type they wrote in own profile. I was baned 3 times there just for saying to people their correct types. It's often mistakes to close types alike IEI, EIE -> IEE. Without IR usage to understand correctly own types is hard and the majority never checks this thoroughly. There are many mistakes in own types, mb ~50%. People are typed by tests and by other people, - while those objectively match in <50% of cases.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually SEE.
    Could you tell us how you came to realize this.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Could you tell us how you came to realize this.
    No he cant. 1d Ti

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

On socioforum damn F types noobs were so annoyed by disagreements with their incompetent opinions about own types that forced admin to forbid to say disagreements with the type they wrote in own profile. I was baned 3 times there just for saying to people their correct types.
    I actually thought about the reason why you're posting on an english speaking socionics website and I thought "hmm he's probably banned on every russian website". lol

you told me 5 times now that I'm an F type when I'm really sure that I'm an LII. I think that russia is more of a beta society, so I guess they just don't have the patience for your mistypings there, which is more than understandable.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was about to post F types are such but never mind.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are a billion reasons why I've mistyped myself but I just wanted to say I'm not an EIE. I'm actually SEE. I wonder how many people are open to being wrong about their type. I often see people defend that they are a certain type like it's a death sentence for them not to be that type. I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible and I admit fault.
    coming out of haikus just to say that I love this combination of your smeagol avatar and that question

something I've wondered for a while being typed into 8 types, but too busy rn to contribute

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have the opposite problem. I am open-minded towards every type (read: most types) but end up always coming back to the same one at the end of things.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A person who admits when they discover they are in error is a sign of a greater intelligence than one that clings to their errors like their ego depends on it.

This isn't a comment on the OP's type.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    A person who admits when they discover they are in error is a sign of a greater intelligence than one that clings to their errors like their ego depends on it.

You would have just answered the OP's subject instead of quoting me.

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how much you (think) you know. If you're gonna make a statement like this, have your points ready or don't say stupid & simple sentences like that. I'm irritated.

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

> I often see people defend that they are a certain type like it's a death sentence for them not to be that type.

Emotional argumentation to protect own opinion is more common for F types as they:
    1) have more doubts in own thoughts to be true (about own type, for example) and weaker logical basis to use it,
    2) are more emotionally attached to the opinion, for example when this, as they think, means good IR with someone important for them or better fits to the chosen occupation, etc

On socioforum damn F types noobs were so annoyed by disagreements with their incompetent opinions about own types that forced admin to forbid to say disagreements with the type they wrote in own profile. I was baned 3 times there just for saying to people their correct types. It's often mistakes to close types alike IEI, EIE -> IEE. Without IR usage to understand correctly own types is hard and the majority never checks this thoroughly. There are many mistakes in own types, mb ~50%. People are typed by tests and by other people, - while those objectively match in <50% of cases.
    I'm not trying to be rude but this has nothing to do with why I've come to my conclusion nor why I believe finding one's type is terribly hard...

You are right that I MIGHT change my type because that's part of learning. If I were to it would be an issue between T/F. (I highly doubt it, though.)
    Last edited by LifeBeyondEarth; 11-09-2019 at 05:20 PM.

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    No he cant. 1d Ti
    He? I'm a woman.

Actually, I can write you a book. I have spent the last 4 years doing heavy Jungian research and probably can prove you "know" less than you think. Do not test my patience.

You can go ahead and try hard to project that "ESTP are heartless and trolly" persona on here if you want buddy but I can see through that nonsense. Your avatar gives it all away. "Doo-doo-doo, why do you have emotions? Why are you so mad after I insulted you..do do doo.."

Mature people don't walk around doing that stuff. Sociopaths and immature people do.

A couple of you guys' immature "I'm a thinker on an internet forum so I have to be extremely shallow minded and unnecessarily rude'ish" demeanor is so irritating & reminded me why I stopped engaging in Typology communities. I thought I got away from it leaving the MBTI community.

If you can't converse in a real conversation, skip it.
    Last edited by LifeBeyondEarth; 11-09-2019 at 05:18 PM.

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post

I do believe that can be true. This next part isn't aimed at the quoted individual. I just liked their post, so I quoted it because my indecisiveness about my type WAS due to me doing tons of research.

To the wise guys --

Jung, his associates Von Franz, and Van Der Hoop have several lectures and books you can read about the functions. There are a billion reasons why they claim it is extremely hard to find one's type.

1.) You have to cut through an "idealized" image.

2.) There is a thing called a distorted type, a polarized type & a one-sided type. Each of those have a bunch of information to them as well.

3.) You have to do extreme introspection AND it's wise to get opinions about your character from REAL LIFE friends & family.

4.) Having an "interest" in something does not mean you value a function or that you're a certain type. Assimilating the function does.

5.) The biggest kicker to figuring the dominant function is individuation of a function. If you don't know what that is, you probably aren't even certain of your type. How could you be if you have not identified any individuation?

Getting to the bottom of one's type takes an honest character. In my experience a handful of people are stuck on a type they want to be seen as. If my family could choose my type, they would claim I'm an SLE because I'm more tactless and aggressive in real life vs online.

My thinking is that, online you have more time to think about what you want to respond before you do. So, anyone who choose to respond like a mindless troll is doing that for image and is not a mature person. I am not called tactless because I "strive" to be a rude butthole. My family calls me tactless because I say things in a straightforward manner.

Online, I can project Fe a little better and show tact because I have time to consider things before I push "save." In real life, I am way more impulsive so I often don't give myself time to consider the feelings of others but I have been working on that. (I'm also deliberately tactless when I am irritated, of course.)

With that said -- I can tell the difference between who is trying to project an image of an SLE and who probably may be one for real. The desperation in this thread is thick. I eat weasels like that for breakfast in real life. Online, anyone can be wise but most people aren't about it in person. They just serve as extra annoyances for people like me who are actually attempting to open up conversation about being open to being wrong about type.

Back to my point though--A lot misconstrued the context of Jung's original lectures about the functions -- including Socionics. However, Socionics is the closest to Jungian text and it does not get "tons" of info wrong like MBTI does.

So, excuse me for taking 4-5 years to figure out my type. There are thick books concerning types AND ON TOP OF THAT, I have mental health issues.

Luckily, one of Jung's associates has a book that even touches on the types and how they look mentally ill. (He was also a psychologist and worked with thousands of mentally ill folks.)

All of them separated the mentally ill from the normal type, too. I have irritated the MBTI community in the past because I always disagreed with how they defined "Jungian" functions due to inaccurate context. Then when they would ask me to "prove" where I got my info from, I showed them these books and they went back to grasping at straws to discredit Jung or just didn't "feel like" reading.

Jung isn't the HG but if someone claims to have gotten descriptions of functions "from Jung" they should have at least done the proper research to make certain the context was accurate.

Most folks are turned off from typology altogether when I bring Jungian lectures up because there are so many detours.

With that said, before making ignorant statements, trying to be all cute and crafty on an internet forum, know the facts first and where someone is coming from.

I suffer from mental health issues so on top of all that info, I had to sort that out as well. Oh and by the way -- In one of Jung's associates books he stated that Se doms *often* confuse themselves with Feeling dominants.

I identify with being a polarized and distorted type. So, no matter WHAT type I am, it won't look anywhere near a stereotype and damn sure not any internet meme or persona of that type.

There's way more info than that, even.
    Know what you're talking about next time.
    Last edited by LifeBeyondEarth; 11-09-2019 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Additions

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to be rude but this has nothing to do with why I've come to my conclusion
    The said strongly relates to the general situation of self-mistyping, changes in opinions about own types, how people react on doubts and criticism in those opinions, - what is according to theme's title and the cited parts of your initial text.

> I believe finding one's type is terribly hard...

It's not. Needs basic theory (better goten from books) + IR check with >10 people IRL (better among emotionally important ones). This gives initial typing skills, their check and enough data to get the correct and stable opinion about own type with good chance. Without IR theory this would be harder.
    For example. From me it took about 1 year to understand own type. I also used tests and got opinions of several people about own type - that was among factors to be more sure in some type's traits. I then typed people IRL which were near or had significant influence. This was step by step proces until all fited good to IR theory and type's model. I was not assured in own type (and in Socionics) until that happened. I never then doubted in own type.

> You are right that I MIGHT change my type because that's part of learning

IR theory should be used to be sure in own type. Until this you'd better doubted in it.
    Besides people having much of communications with you. Also there were _irrationally and highly_ positive and negative people in your life, which inspired a friendly sympathy or a antipathy (you perceived and remembered them so). It's highly possibly poles of IR. Among those best could not be bad IR people, and among worst good IR ones.
    With this approach it should not be terribly hard. You either will be geting a mess or clear match to the whole theory. But you'll be doubtful to mistake in own type or to change the opinion after became sure. You'll understand the typing process and the theory of IR and types, during this typing.

among books I may recommend only by Filatova's in English. Jung is also useful - 10 chapter of "Psychological types". you should to watch tests. other texts should be read as additional. what is important to know: dichotomies, 8 functions, strong/valued/supplementing functions, IR. other is lesser important. or better to reject as Reinin's traits and subtypes

also you may post your videointerview to get opinions about your type

mb this will help you. there is nothing terribly hard. just takes some efforts and time which the most people do not do. they try to get it quickly and this leads to mistakes and a mess in the head

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is some of the most real stuff i've read on this forum. thank you for this. there are so many layers that go into the makeup of a person and there can be very vast differences between the internet realm and outside realm (sounds like we are almost somewhat reverse in that regard lol, so this is interesting). i'm glad you figured out your type and i'm glad you also confided in people who know you outside of the net, yet were able to discern where they may be missing things as well. mental health plays such a huge part. it can be quite a puzzle.
    I do believe that can be true. This next part isn't aimed at the quoted individual. I just liked their post, so I quoted it because my indecisiveness about my type WAS due to me doing tons of research.

To the wise guys --

Jung, his associates Von Franz, and Van Der Hoop have several lectures and books you can read about the functions. There are a billion reasons why they claim it is extremely hard to find one's type.

1.) You have to cut through an "idealized" image.

2.) There is a thing called a distorted type, a polarized type & a one-sided type. Each of those have a bunch of information to them as well.

3.) You have to do extreme introspection AND it's wise to get opinions about your character from REAL LIFE friends & family.

4.) Having an "interest" in something does not mean you value a function or that you're a certain type. Assimilating the function does.

5.) The biggest kicker to figuring the dominant function is individuation of a function. If you don't know what that is, you probably aren't even certain of your type. How could you be if you have not identified any individuation?

Getting to the bottom of one's type takes an honest character. In my experience a handful of people are stuck on a type they want to be seen as. If my family could choose my type, they would claim I'm an SLE because I'm more tactless and aggressive in real life vs online.

My thinking is that, online you have more time to think about what you want to respond before you do. So, anyone who choose to respond like a mindless troll is doing that for image and is not a mature person. I am not called tactless because I "strive" to be a rude butthole. My family calls me tactless because I say things in a straightforward manner.

Online, I can project Fe a little better and show tact because I have time to consider things before I push "save." In real life, I am way more impulsive so I often don't give myself time to consider the feelings of others but I have been working on that. (I'm also deliberately tactless when I am irritated, of course.)

With that said -- I can tell the difference between who is trying to project an image of an SLE and who probably may be one for real. The desperation in this thread is thick. I eat weasels like that for breakfast in real life. Online, anyone can be wise but most people aren't about it in person. They just serve as extra annoyances for people like me who are actually attempting to open up conversation about being open to being wrong about type.

Back to my point though--A lot misconstrued the context of Jung's original lectures about the functions -- including Socionics. However, Socionics is the closest to Jungian text and it does not get "tons" of info wrong like MBTI does.

So, excuse me for taking 4-5 years to figure out my type. There are thick books concerning types AND ON TOP OF THAT, I have mental health issues.

Luckily, one of Jung's associates has a book that even touches on the types and how they look mentally ill. (He was also a psychologist and worked with thousands of mentally ill folks.)

All of them separated the mentally ill from the normal type, too. I have irritated the MBTI community in the past because I always disagreed with how they defined "Jungian" functions due to inaccurate context. Then when they would ask me to "prove" where I got my info from, I showed them these books and they went back to grasping at straws to discredit Jung or just didn't "feel like" reading.

Jung isn't the HG but if someone claims to have gotten descriptions of functions "from Jung" they should have at least done the proper research to make certain the context was accurate.

Most folks are turned off from typology altogether when I bring Jungian lectures up because there are so many detours.

With that said, before making ignorant statements, trying to be all cute and crafty on an internet forum, know the facts first and where someone is coming from.

I suffer from mental health issues so on top of all that info, I had to sort that out as well. Oh and by the way -- In one of Jung's associates books he stated that Se doms *often* confuse themselves with Feeling dominants.

I identify with being a polarized and distorted type. So, no matter WHAT type I am, it won't look anywhere near a stereotype and damn sure not any internet meme or persona of that type.

There's way more info than that, even.
    Know what you're talking about next time.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He? I'm a woman.

Actually, I can write you a book. I have spent the last 4 years doing heavy Jungian research and probably can prove you "know" less than you think. Do not test my patience.

You can go ahead and try hard to project that "ESTP are heartless and trolly" persona on here if you want buddy but I can see through that nonsense. Your avatar gives it all away. "Doo-doo-doo, why do you have emotions? Why are you so mad after I insulted you..do do doo.."

Mature people don't walk around doing that stuff. Sociopaths and immature people do.

A couple of you guys' immature "I'm a thinker on an internet forum so I have to be extremely shallow minded and unnecessarily rude'ish" demeanor is so irritating & reminded me why I stopped engaging in Typology communities. I thought I got away from it leaving the MBTI community.

If you can't converse in a real conversation, skip it.
    Nobody cares.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a thing I've had in mind lately, do I see myself as I am or not? Is the image people send me back of myself right? Am I interpratating this feedback correctly?
    How do I know which rationalization I can make up is the right one? Is there even an answer to this? Which visage should I examinate? I often get worked up because the way I act is very different depending where I am, who I'm talking with, and I wonder which "mask" is real, but is any real in the end or are they all real... Does it matter?
    Is it important that I manage to fit myself inside a type or not? Why type people?

I've been described as assertive, shy, empathic, a good listener, artistic, calm, energetic, distant... there are some people who could say I'm the life of a party, others who would describe me as a fly on the wall... I've been called an intellectual, stupid, too sensitive, not sensitive enough, I've looked at diagnostics such as psychopath and more ethereal things like "empaths". It drives me insane that each and every person I have met has seen me differently and in such disproportionate measures. There's very few people in their right mind who would call me extroverted, but what if I was? Not socialy of course.
    Is it wrong to lack a clear self-image?
    Who am I? Do I have to know? Will I remain the same forever if I manage to pinpoint "the truth" down... probably not, lol.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how much you (think) you know. If you're gonna make a statement like this, have your points ready or don't say stupid & simple sentences like that. I'm irritated.
    Normally, I'd just say I was joking since I used an emoticon, thanked you beforehand, used the teasing word 'dumb' not insulting word 'stupid', pretended like I care about the image of our group when ILI's literally have an PoLR, and only commented because you're a Duality relation who can handle it. Let's try abnormally instead....

You listen UP and you listen GOOD because I don't repeat myself for no one! You don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of being better researched on a common interest than an INTp. Theoretically, the only reason we exist is to balance out the ESFp's reckless, experimental, external, trial-and-error lifestyle because they don't think things through internally 1st.

So I'm gonna say whatever I damn well please anytime I want because I could be on a week-long drinking binge with no sleep during a flu and still be more competent with a theoretical system than you. I always think through my actions on a point-by-point basis, I listen to every word people tell me, and I responsibly contingency plan for any cause I've committed myself to.

Imagine thinking I don't know every detail forwards-and-backwards about the way Introverted Ethics judges the nature and character of Relations so that I can steamroll any motherfucker like a freight train and walk away unscathed like a stuntman. I don't make throwaway comments that I can't justify a million times over because the depths and complexities of the human psyche have never intimidated me in my entire life.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it's hard to find one's type, especially if one is reading only Jungians. Even though Socionics has dumbed down the descriptions of functions they still are good for practical reasons and the intertype relationships are really a huge discovery that helps a lot. Socionics introduces lots of useful stuff and taken together finding one's type becomes a lot easier.

If I had stayed with the Jungians I'd still be looking for my type. They are too advanced for most people. I am stunned by the insight they have though, for example von Franz.

2.) There is a thing called a distorted type
    Even with distorted types the intertype relationships can work quite well as a key to one's type.

3.) You have to do extreme introspection
    Ideally yes, but honestly I didn't get a good grasp on Si until I had known my type for several years.

Getting to the bottom of one's type takes an honest character. In my experience a handful of people are stuck on a type they want to be seen as.
    Yes, this is common, but here again I think Socionics provides enough information to get to the real type for many people.

The key is the redundancy that socionics provides. It shows how the type can manifest itself in so many ways and gives the hints that we need.

A huge problem. I see mbti as garbage. And one could say that Socionics is both a regression but also a huge leap forward in finding out the whole type structure and weak functions etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries OP; like 80% of people here are mistyped. Moreover, this issue is such that the mistypes become local exemplars for a type, and when a real exponent of that type shows up, they are mistyped by the community into other types. And this has only gotten worse over the years.