Extreme politics intrigues you.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're beta when rape is oddly sexy
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    That’s not at all exclusive to Betas. At the very least, the fact that some rapists aren’t Betas is proof enough.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    That’s not at all exclusive to Betas. At the very least, the fact that some rapists aren’t Betas is proof enough.

Only the best ones
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Only the best ones
    Nature optimizes either for quantity or quality. Given the number of SLE in prison, it follows that they must not be particularly efficient criminals. EII, then, are the best rapists. QED.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Policeman. I am tired of the notion all criminality is beta-related. Matter of fact, there are far more Beta trying reform of society, probably than any other quadra, due to delta NF's slagging in the Se for action. It is true, beta types may be more prone for crime of passion and of impulse, but the leaders of today who run the world ironically, are mostly Te/Fi.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it is you know when you are more expressive than most people, to where they condemn you for it if they are not the same level of expressive as you are (also Beta). Also, not being conflict-avoidant to things like drama and aggression.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    autism is Ni related btw. you shut yourself off from reality. very common among harmonizing subtypes
    It is true autism is pertaining to Ni, don't know what the other people were giving you hard time about, other than maybe the shutting off from reality part, which that is more a schizoid tactic. They mirror autism, but it is different, they do not have developmental delay or theory of mind challenge, but will be socially awkward as result of withdrawing and lesser having chance to engage socially and up-keep in that skill.

Gulenko and Jung both said Ni is related to autism. I am a diagnosed autistic who is IEI, and most every other diagnosed autistic I know, is an ILI. I know one SEI diagnosed pwASD.

Dragons:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    For me, it is you know when you are more expressive than most people, to where they condemn you for it if they are not the same level of expressive as you are (also Beta). Also, not being conflict-avoidant to things like drama and aggression.

This is very true. I will start talking about something to my fiancees family I'll get all worked up and then by the end they just kind of look away in different directions and not say anything.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you find yourself stirring up what's apparently considered drama without meaning to

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have an opinion of your eyes, as in, they either can't stop gazing at them or are absolutely terrified at them...

... or that's just a me thingy.
    Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Bvd?
    Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/the-qams-diaries/the-qams-diaries

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    n)
    n+1) come up impractical overtly idealistic political ideologies
    the alphas come up with them, we execute them

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    when...one has difficulty peering outside one's own bubble - unlike Deltas who want to change everyone outside their bubbles.

a.k.a. I/O
    ''Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off''

https://web.archive.org/web/20210226230241/http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Delta_Quadra

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    ''Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off''

https://web.archive.org/web/20210226230241/http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Delta_Quadra
    I don't think that quadras are useful groupings so my comment was tongue-in-cheek. However, from my limited experience, the only one that could perhaps fit to your referenced description would be SLI because they tend to prefer that most others give them a wide berth, which could be construed as a sort of social imposition. Now IEEs seem to like nosing into everyone's affairs, which can most definitely be impositions. Many LSEs and EIIs seem to have agendas and are trying to convince people to go certain ways or believe in certain approaches.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think that quadras are useful groupings so my comment was tongue-in-cheek. However, from my limited experience, the only one that could perhaps fit to your referenced description would be SLI because they tend to prefer that most others give them a wide berth, which could be construed as a sort of social imposition. Now IEEs seem to like nosing into everyone's affairs, which can most definitely be impositions. Many LSEs and EIIs seem to have agendas and are trying to convince people to go certain ways or believe in certain approaches.

a.k.a. I/O
    Nice. OK. @Rebelondeck, do Gamma now.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Nice. OK. @Rebelondeck, do Gamma now.
    You know you're a Gamma when whatever you're feeling, thinking or doing is always more important than what other people are feeling, thinking or doing.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You know you're a Gamma when whatever you're feeling, thinking or doing is always more important than what other people are feeling, thinking or doing.

a.k.a. I/O
    That Fi/Se combination is hell.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    That Fi/Se combination is hell.
    Well the two types with that combination seem to maintain (often secretly) that they hold the moral high ground, but unfortunately can also be rather myopic. Now the other two usually don't suffer from myopia but they often narrow their focus so greatly that nothing else matters. More than one combination can create attitudes that seem similar in appearance to a third party.

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Similarly, one half of the Betas have been known to occasionally be out there in the ether while the other half sometimes find themselves preoccupied with pettiness. Both perspectives have bubble-like appearances.
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 08-29-2021 at 02:32 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m reassessing some relationships with some gammas atm. (SEE and ILI) I want them in my life but I can’t help but feel appalled at them for not being better friends. They were a big part of my life for a long time but I don’t think they ever truly had much respect for me. If I want to I can probably forgive them because I never used to see them this way. But it will take a bit of time and they need to get used to the new, more self-assured me

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds weird, but Betas tend to hug really hard. They like to squeeze their lovers and/or want to be squeezed by their lovers.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feckin' despise aristocracy.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I feckin' despise aristocracy.

Your opinion doesn't matter GAMMA!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    It is true autism is pertaining to Ni, don't know what the other people were giving you hard time about, other than maybe the shutting off from reality part, which that is more a schizoid tactic. They mirror autism, but it is different, they do not have developmental delay or theory of mind challenge, but will be socially awkward as result of withdrawing and lesser having chance to engage socially and up-keep in that skill.

Gulenko and Jung both said Ni is related to autism. I am a diagnosed autistic who is IEI, and most every other diagnosed autistic I know, is an ILI. I know one SEI diagnosed pwASD.
    I'm sorry was autism even a concept in Jung's era?

I would also find it rich that gulenko would call Ni, autism. Just goes to show some socionists cannot properly conceptualize Ni at all.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I'm sorry was autism even a concept in Jung's era?

I would also find it rich that gulenko would call Ni, autism. Just goes to show some socionists cannot properly conceptualize Ni at all.
    Gulenko directly stated it, Jung must have defined characteristics that eventually penned of autism.

Dragons:

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    From the SLE domain on Wikisocion:

SLE/IEI:
    IEI: I am sitting on this couch, slitting my wrists. I need someone to punish me like the naughty teenager I am. Spank me! I've been bad!
    SLE: Yo muthafucka, SLE's IN DA HOOD YO! Bend ova, bitch, cuz I'm gonna snap a whip on yo ass if you don't BE-HAVE. Oh, and while we're at dis, can you help me restore my rep after I kick everyone's azz? Ho, I need ya to tell me I'm awesome.
    IEI: *slap* Ahhh, harder! *smack* I'll help you after you're done raping me! Don't stop!

I wish I had such a loving relationship as this
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH the rape is sexy thing is more of a meme for me. I don't really mean that. I just like the idea of being forced to submit, which isn't the same thing
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    TBH the rape is sexy thing is more of a meme for me. I don't really mean that. I just like the idea of being forced to submit, which isn't the same thing
    There needs to be a better name for it. “Consensual rape” is an oxymoron.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why'd I never get a notification for this?
    Your opinion doesn't matter GAMMA!
    Lmao, but I'm truly a β! One person follows me around the forum while saying so! I must merge with my people. I am but a poor little lost black sheep. How do I start doing this categorization first stuff? Do I identify you all as being first my forumites? Wait, if I go by our Discord spam, maybe we're all pervy bastards. There, I am now one with my clan.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is nonconsensual BDSM the same as rape, or something else? Is that an oxymoron as well?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryofdungeon View Post
    So, is nonconsensual BDSM the same as rape, or something else? Is that an oxymoron as well?
    Nonconsensual = nonconsensual. Consensual = consensual. Rape fetish stuff in BDSM is consensual while pretending to be nonconsensual.

(See @Eudaimonia ? Look where this thread is going. All pervy bastards, lol.)

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds weird, but Betas tend to hug really hard. They like to squeeze their lovers and/or want to be squeezed by their lovers.
    In order to truly merge with my future life partner, I am planning a one way trip into a meat grinder with them.

SPAM and crackers, anyone?

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonconsensual = nonconsensual. Consensual = consensual. Rape fetish stuff in BDSM is consensual while pretending to be nonconsensual.
    As a fellow gamma, what do you think about the idea of nonverbal consent? How about for psychological, rather than physical torture?

With my Fi ego partners, I find that a sense of nonverbal understanding is valued. By contrast most betas are somewhat more verbal. Is it just me?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryofdungeon View Post
    As a fellow gamma, what do you think about the idea of nonverbal consent? How about for psychological, rather than physical torture?

With my Fi ego partners, I find that a sense of nonverbal understanding is valued. By contrast most betas are somewhat more verbal. Is it just me?
    Uhhhh...tbh, I have no idea. I think being together as bf/gf (or gf/gf) for some time already and then getting caught up in the moment generally constitutes as nonverbal, I guess. I do not talk during sex. No likey.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "Forced Submission" could be a good word for it.

But I don't do the labels and stuff, I leave that for deltas to figure out.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some gammas also enjoy it btw...probably is just a D/s thing

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't know what to call it though. I also don't really like being super explicit about "enthusiastic verbal consent" either... Kinda kills the mood for me. I want a person I love to just understand by my tone of voice and coyness that I want them to dominate me and then let me pretend I don't want it and vice versa. Actual rape definitely isn't hot to me, but predator/prey dynamics in love are super hot and loads of fun. It's honestly strange to me that some people wouldn't want to chase each other around the house, tackle their significant other to the floor, then fuck their brains out lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time I dated another beta (my identical actually) we sometimes RP'd over text and would describe hugging in relatively violent ways like *crushes your body into mine* or *strangles you in my arms*. I've gotten (and given) bruises from tight hugging before. In my experience betas also really like the idea of "breathing each other in" and just really put a lot of emphasis on aggressive/possessive "fusion". Or at least... I do lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Corpse comes out of nowhere*
    "Choke me like you hate me, but you love me..."

Who knew a voice corroded by acid could be so hot?

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nature optimizes either for quantity or quality. Given the number of SLE in prison, it follows that they must not be particularly efficient criminals. EII, then, are the best rapists. QED.
    “EII, then, are the best rapists”
    — some policeman

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know you’re a beta when you pick favorites among your pets, and make sure the runts know their place.

Humans or otherwise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast