Thread: Differentiating Ti-ISTj from Te-INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differentiating Ti-ISTj from Te-INTp

Both are introverted thinkers from central quadras.

I've seen people having trouble telling them apart. Some fictional characters in particular seem to be alternatively typed ILI-Te or LSI-Ti.

Their taste for manual labor is quite a poor way to tell the difference. A LSI from a rich family knows he has to distance himself from such endeavors if he wants to attain a good position. An ILI from a poor family is most likely to have helped his parents with practical hand work, and will be less likely to know that it is better to distance yourself from manual work.

I have known two LSI-Ti I believe (I am their beneficiary). They seemed to have much more self-control than I had. My ideas command me, I am wavering. They hold themselves with much more dignity. They pause, they think, only then they will tell their perfectly articulate answer.
    It is better to not show any hint of betrayal with them. Once, I've made the mistake of telling one of them that "I might relocate in another district" (as a consequence we wouldn't see each other anymore). It was mostly to see her reaction. Well, from this time, she saw me very differently (as a traitor in every domain basically). Even though we weren't really close beforehand.

However, I have to say I found them to be very boring. They seemed to have a tendency to state very obvious things and to be impressed by the creativity of very banal works.

How do you make the difference between both ?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Both are introverted thinkers from central quadras.

I've seen people having trouble telling them apart. Some fictional characters in particular seem to be alternatively typed ILI-Te or LSI-Ti.

Their taste for manual labor is quite a poor way to tell the difference. A LSI from a rich family knows he has to distance himself from such endeavors if he wants to attain a good position. An ILI from a poor family is most likely to have helped his parents with practical hand work, and will be less likely to know that it is better to distance yourself from manual work.

I have known two LSI-Ti I believe (I am their beneficiary). They seemed to have much more self-control than I had. My ideas command me, I am wavering. They hold themselves with much more dignity. They pause, they think, only then they will tell their perfectly articulate answer.
    It is better to not show any hint of betrayal with them. Once, I've made the mistake of telling one of them that "I might relocate in another district" (as a consequence we wouldn't see each other anymore). It was mostly to see her reaction. Well, from this time, she saw me very differently (as a traitor in every domain basically). Even though we weren't really close beforehand.

However, I have to say I found them to be very boring. They seemed to have a tendency to state very obvious things and to be impressed by the creativity of very banal works.

I kinda envision LSI as a machine/traffic control police officer, ILI as a grouchy scientist.

LSI value Ti over Te so they like rules, general assertions and trends... Vs INTp, they have a more skeptical, "maybe" vibe about them and they aren't quick to make general statements, rather they are critical and look for exceptions to the rule, evaluate the risk of things

Ex: LSI will judge someone quickly based on what group someone is from and draw conclusions. ILI on the other hand will look at personal individual qualities and are slower to draw such conclusions.

LSIs bulldoze through it via will-power, abiding by the rules and planning ahead. ILIs flow through life with their intuition and have more of a "wait and see" approach.

LSIs are generally good at managing people/enforcing rules... INTps tend to stray away from confrontaton/tend to be more flexible and tolerant of others.

TIM
    all of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI have much more overt emotions. it's easily the most heart-on-a-sleeve of the introvert logical types. they're kinda simple, primitive emotions like impatient anger and childlike joy but they're close to the surface and wont to be quickly expressed.
    forsitan mea potentia increvit nimis

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILIs are skeptical of "ready made" systems. LSIs tend to embrace such systems. LSIs have a more holistic view of the systems they adopt, and/or create their own. ILIs take the system apart, take what they need from it, and are unlikely to rebuild a new system in its place. By "systems" I am talking about intellectual constructs. ILIs tend to create their own methods in a work environment, this is what the "final result" of their logic looks like. ILIs are also flexible when a method doesn't work, they can adopt a new one. LSIs tend to bring rules, order, hierarchy and so forth into their work environment and are not likely to be flexible about these things.

A distinction can also be made with regards to the moods of each type - ILIs tend to be in a negative, even "depressed"* state. ILIs mood can shift alot too. LSIs tend to be in a stable mood, usually a positive one.

*I'm not talking about clinical depression obviously, which any type can experience.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 10-30-2019 at 08:10 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a similar experience. I knew an LSI from the last courses I took, and when I told her I got a job in IT, which has nothing to do with the courses we took together, instead of congratulating me on getting a job she said "what are you doing with your degree?". I told her that library work felt kinda static to me, and that I was drawn to business/the private sector. She sharply disagreed that it was static, and even though she didn't get emotional, I felt like she felt betrayed by that. To her it was some kind of disloyalty to library work, whereas I don't really feel loyalty to any kind of work or occupation, I just pursue what makes me happy and best allows for my self-realization.

She and I weren't close either, even if we had gone out a couple of times, but it felt like she felt betrayed and never spoke to me the same way again.

Aristocratic types can have a weird outlook from my PoV. It's all about what "role" you play in society, and a person fullfilling two "roles" which are contradictory in their view leaves them completely befuddled, it seems.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti-ISTjs like to be given the facts and only the facts so they can go away to think about it - eventually they'll get back to you; the mantra of many is self-control and order. Some are accused of not seeing the forest because of the trees while INTps will often walk into a tree while analysing the forest. ISTjs seem far more practical and anchored in the here and now. Te-INTps like to engage (sometimes hotly) with people to debate the latest theories or personal points of view, and at times, it may seem that facts become irrelevant in their seeming obsessive need to win arguments. INTps seem to navigate well (some even thrive) in chaos such as in debate where ISTjs have difficulty. Both types can demand loyalty; with ISTjs, it seems to centre around a need for predictability while for INTps, it seems more about ego. ISTjs seem to never fully trust INTps (mostly their ability to deliver on promises) even though they may respect their capabilities.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 10-31-2019 at 11:49 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two types (ILI-Te and LSI-Ti) are often very similar. The differential diagnosis for me usually involves determining if the person is a sensing or intuitive type. There are also VI differences. Another difference is that ILI-Te's tend to be a bit more whimsical, while LSI-Ti's are more stable/structured. ILI-Te's also tend to have more bravado, and well, gamma values.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

vs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ti-ISTjs like to be given the facts and only the facts so they can go away to think about it - eventually they'll get back to you; the mantra of many is self-control and order. Some are accused of not seeing the forest because of the trees while INTps will often walk into a tree while analysing the forest. ISTjs seem far more practical and anchored in the here and now. Te-INTps like to engage (sometimes hotly) with people to debate the latest theories or personal points of view, and at times, it may seem that facts become irrelevant in their seeming obsessive need to win arguments. INTps seem to navigate well (some even thrive) in chaos such as in debate where ISTjs have difficulty. Both types can demand loyalty; with ISTjs, it seems to centre around a need for predictability while for INTps, it seems more about ego. ISTjs seem to never fully trust INTps (mostly their ability to deliver on promises) even though they may respect their capabilities.

a.k.a. I/O
    That thing about promises is so accurate that it actually hurts. I have the same trust issues with a LSI-Se. They see us get inside our head and stereotype us a smart, but impractical nerd when that couldn’t be further from the truth. I mean they can’t help it as they are similar to Alpha SF’s in how they take care of people (+Si/-Se) and so they treat us like Alpha NT’s. Regardless, I have extremely high respect for his abilities and volition and this goes for most LSI-Se I come in contact with.

My own 2 cents: LSI-Ti love structure and achieving social status. The EIE-Fe description hints toward this. They (EIE-Fe) are attracted to people not only for their achievements, but their social status. I mean this makes sense as LSI-Ti’s dedicate their life to their work and and are always seeking to rise their local hierachy.

Meanwhile for the ILI-Te social status is only a means to an end, not an end in of itself. If their goals could be achieved with the only side effect being in the lowest class of society, we would take this route in a heartbeat. Such is the program of the Gamma quadra. ILI-Te’s believe while structure is good, being overtly structured will make you miss really good opportunities, so they be seek to be pragmatic, but not stiff like the LSI-Ti.

It is good to think of the LSI-Ti as the strategist who has his environment highly regulated and organized while ILI-Te as the far-sighted tactician.

In shorter form, LSI-Ti’s are all about consistency while ILI-Te’s are all about future results. I guess these two things can look the same at times. However, mixing up the two should not be a common mistake.
    Last edited by Investigator; 11-01-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    ..........It is good to think of the LSI-Ti as the strategist who has his environment highly regulated and organized while ILI-Te as the far-sighted tactician.

In shorter form, LSI-Ti’s are all about consistency while ILI-Te’s are all about future results.........
    LSIs seem to be better planners than strategists (a term more applicable to LIIs); strategising in a strategic sense implies having broader perceptions of potential consequences and relational outcomes. ILIs are certainly tacticians who are likely very aware of near-term consequences and outcomes. However, I wouldn't describe them as far-sighted; LSIs seem to have better distance vision although it can be rather narrowly focused. ILIs seem all about immediate results or effects; they may aim for the future but not in a true planning sense because they tend to wing it with an overall target in mind.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 11-02-2019 at 11:09 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LSIs seem to be better planners than strategists (a term more applicable to LIIs); strategising in a strategic sense implies having broader perceptions of potential consequences and relational outcomes. ILIs are certainly tacticians who are likely very aware of near-term consequences and outcomes. However, I wouldn't describe them as far-sighted; LSIs seem to have better distance vision although it can be rather narrowly focused. ILIs seem all about immediate results or effects; they may aim for the future but not in a true planning sense because they tend to wing it with an overall target in mind.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Thanks for the corrections. I completely agree.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Investigator's post misses the point for many LSI-Ti. I'd rather have things for how beautiful I think they are more than for my social status. And when I was a kid, I hated an EIE-Ni priest for how domineering he was and had to quit boy scouts that my mom forced me into because I started bitching so loudly when I couldn't have a drink due to starting out at the lowest social status... I thought it was ridiculous, I actually never did well with hierarchy. In fact, it was hard for me to even imagine that anything was above. I want to do work that I love and enjoy my life. I could never dedicate all that much of my life to my work, I have to have time off due to physical strain and need for fun. My XSI-Ji older brother does indeed have high need for social status, but my mom, 2 of her XSI-Ji brothers (especially them) generally didn't. Her late XSI-Ji sister needed to dominate and did have need for hierarchy, to be in good standing with the catholic church, to follow all of its rule, to be above people and for people to be below her. Frankly, I've almost always been anti-image and anti-centralization of power and preferring high quality, unique things that no one else was doing, rather than prestigious popularity; my mom dressed me as if I were the latter, but that was because I was so concerned with video games that I didn't care much how I dressed. When I was a kid, I didn't even know what hierarchy was, didn't even think about who was whose boss, I just saw in front of me what I liked and didn't like/what disgusted me. And as someone who was diagnosed with mental illness, if I thought the diagnosis was accurate, then I would usually tell people about it. I didn't care if it reduced my social status, I wanted people to know the facts and be thinking independently.

The Gamma introverts (especially ILI) tend to miss many of the intentions of type LSI, and they tend to make sweeping generalizations. I barely related to Vera Stratiyevskaya's ISTj description.

The more I think about it, the more I think I am type LSI-Ti, but thinking LSI need hierarchy and structure is missing too much of the picture. I would say that LSI-Ti is a type that's more socially competent than technically competent (LSI-Ti are usually terrible with tech), but while LSI-Se are more gentle and care taking and better with tech, both subtypes can favor hierarchy or can favor individualism. But LSI-Ti might do better with more structure, because they're not as aware of what's right in front of them and what can be used for what.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is causing famine in the Soviet Union and the other is luring Napoleon into a Russian winter.