Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which type has it easiest

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Which type has it easiest

Which type skates through life and, conversely, which type must battle society the hardest?

I know these questions must have a definite and unequivocal answer so I expect you to argue your case firmly.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How firmly?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    How firmly?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are we talking "happy go lucky" or "unaware of problems and doesn't care" or "too dumb to notice" or "has the easiest time achieving their goals"?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You pick. Whichever thing on that list makes life easiest. I could pick one, objectively, but I don't wanna give it away.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After doing some thinking I'd also say ESE. I think quite weirdly EIE might have the darkest but darkness can be good, I guess.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma extraverts, SLE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    After doing some thinking I'd also say ESE. I think quite weirdly EIE might have the darkest but darkness can be good, I guess.

I know an EIE male with an LSE father, which is not the best situation to have, but this guy seems to bring problems on himself.
    He bought a motorcycle and crashed it and spent a year in a wheelchair. His dad paid for all the bills and the physical therapy.
    He got addicted to pain medicine and his dad paid for his mental therapy.
    He started a business making guitars and his dad bankrolled it and the EIE crashed it just as they got a working product.
    He made himself a pain around the house, so his dad bought him a house in the country, just to get him out of his face.
    An LSI with a job married him (did I mention that he doesn't have a job?), then he cheated on her with a bimbo whom he didn't even like. The LSI threw him out.

I think, when you are a master of Fe, that ordinary life can become boring, and you have to set yourself up with greater than ordinary challenges just to stay entertained.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, when you are a master of Fe, that ordinary life can become boring, and you have to set yourself up with greater than ordinary challenges just to stay entertained.
    That’s a big fat yes, Adam! I’m so glad you put what’s been swirling in my head for a long time now into words. And regardless of my type, I’m still 4D Fe no matter what so it works either way!
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is such a non-question it's hard to even give a sarcastic answer.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends. Lots of variables are at play but I'll speak to the most contentious one for me > the socio-cultural sphere.

In my experience, MBTI frequency stats line up pretty well with the corresponding frequency for Sociotypes. There tends to be a slight variation according to geographical location but, overall, strong Si valuing types comprise the vast majority of human beings and strong Ni valuing types are the rarest, which significantly impacts the "narrative" around these functions as archetypes.

And, albeit more competitively, strong Fe valuing types edge out strong Te valuing types and so high D Si + Fe would seem to take the day while Ni + Te would be the most "othered." Not for nothing, Alpha SFs and Gamma NTs are conflictors but the former have sheer numbers on their side. Within the cultural zeigeist, the arc villains of the world disproportionately tend to be Gamma NTs--ruthless pragmatism, strategic vision, the pursuit and accumulation of money/power/resources may be wearily respected to a certain degree (especially within a Western capitalist framework) but more than that, they are feared and distrusted.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's the Gammas, although they try -- for them, it's more that they try to make it appear so, especially the intuitive Gammas with their low Se flashiness. I don't think it's the Betas either, since they tend to be either too focused on their own thing, or, when it comes to the sensors, too brash, maybe. When it comes to the Deltas, I think they make it hard for themselves. Don't ask me why. And as for the Alphas, the intuitives... well, because they really don't care about our mortal flesh in the physical realm, they let themselves be taken care of the Alpha sensors, who probably have the easiest time, which seems to be the consensus here

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Depends. Lots of variables are at play but I'll speak to the most contentious one for me > the socio-cultural sphere.

In my experience, MBTI frequency stats line up pretty well with the corresponding frequency for Sociotypes. There tends to be a slight variation according to geographical location but, overall, strong Si valuing types comprise the vast majority of human beings and strong Ni valuing types are the rarest, which significantly impacts the "narrative" around these functions as archetypes.

And, albeit more competitively, strong Fe valuing types edge out strong Te valuing types and so high D Si + Fe would seem to take the day while Ni + Te would be the most "othered." Not for nothing, Alpha SFs and Gamma NTs are conflictors but the former have sheer numbers on their side. Within the cultural zeigeist, the arc villains of the world disproportionately tend to be Gamma NTs--ruthless pragmatism, strategic vision, the pursuit and accumulation of money/power/resources may be wearily respected to a certain degree (especially within a Western capitalist framework) but more than that, they are feared and distrusted.
    I get some fear and distrust vibes in meetings which have all types in them.

If Gamma NT's are respected at all, it is because they are successful in the present Western world of Capitalism, in which everyone has been indoctrinated to like money.

Move the party to the the Theater or Story Telling or Cooking or Nurturing or Sports events or Pure Science, and it's a different story.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-29-2019 at 06:11 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ILE-Ti have it easiest overall, especially if they're psychopaths although female ILE-Ti who aren't psychopaths don't have it 100% easy because of stereotypes and because they hate dealing with too many incompetent suitors and given their beauty and charm they're followed by more incompetent suitors than most or all other types. LIE get so angry, so I don't think they have it easiest, although they have it easier than most.

ESI-Fi probably have it hardest. Their anxiety and neediness and being critical yet sensitive to criticism and not having great social skills and not being very aware of their environment probably means that they have it the hardest.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

life is very pain

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an EIE male with an LSE father, which is not the best situation to have, but this guy seems to bring problems on himself.
    He bought a motorcycle and crashed it and spent a year in a wheelchair. His dad paid for all the bills and the physical therapy.
    He got addicted to pain medicine and his dad paid for his mental therapy.
    He started a business making guitars and his dad bankrolled it and the EIE crashed it just as they got a working product.
    He made himself a pain around the house, so his dad bought him a house in the country, just to get him out of his face.
    An LSI with a job married him (did I mention that he doesn't have a job?), then he cheated on her with a bimbo whom he didn't even like. The LSI threw him out.

Sounds like that person has never found the right path. That business part was basically doing super ego work, very close to conflictor work – any type would go insane. Obviously it should be about social ideas or conducting some sort of research. Failures make people dwell too much on creative which turns person into depressive mess which is like super bad for EIE.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking my little sister might be ESE and she seems like she will go places in life and has it very easy socially.

I agree that EIE's seem to have it rough, but great art and such can come out of this. EIE's seem to give the impression of being confident, but have an opposite feeling inside often times and an intense feeling of loneliness even when in the company of others. It seems very painful. I'm not speaking for all of this type at all, just a couple that I have known, one being my dad (I'm pretty sure...)

I'm not sure if they have it the hardest of all the types though. It's culturally dependent also I think. For example, certain types may have it easier in more laid-back societies for example, than they do in such "success" driven cultures

*update* I think my sister is actually EIE
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE have it easiest in life.

I have an IEE coworker who always seems so chirpy all the time, he is always singing away at work. I don't think I've ever seen him depressed before, except for that one time when he got scolded by an LSI manager of mine.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ease or difficulty with day-to-day living has more to do with intelligence, mental health, and or whether or not one is born with privileges - and of course, there's luck. Type merely indicates the data processing structure with which one is born; any one type may possess better inherent tools for specific situations but type certainly wouldn't ensure success. Life in general is too broad having far too many situations for any one type to reign supreme. Now, there are many who are happy with their lives simply because they're oblivious........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

XYZA type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one with a very large inheritance that doesn't have to work for money ever, but also has the wisdom to use it to find satisfaction and meaning out of their life. You know, instead of just doing drugs, alcohol, and just being a hedonist.

Which type is that? maybe it's not a type.
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    SLI-Si H 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The obvious answer would be no type.
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

Socioville Discord: https://discord.gg/yAfc4ZU

TIM
    SLI-Si H 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoodoo View Post
    The one with a very large inheritance that doesn't have to work for money ever, but also has the wisdom to use it to find satisfaction and meaning out of their life. You know, instead of just doing drugs, alcohol, and just being a hedonist.

Which type is that? maybe it's not a type.
    IEI spotted?
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

Socioville Discord: https://discord.gg/yAfc4ZU

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot take: introverts have a better time. extroversion doesn't translate to social adjustment/aptitude. it just means you're more dependent on outside stimulus like you would be with a drug

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not sure. For me personally I struggled a lot growing up basically being a male Carrie (roflmao) and feeling abused, bullied and condescended by via others, which also made me get revenge at times. I also frequently irritated others with how poor I was at logical/technical things. I butted heads with asshole state agents a lot like Neo from the Matrix. As a child I naively wanted the world to be genuine and kind (Ha! Like that will ever happen.) - but I got out of bad situations being emotionally manipulative instead. Yeah I do agree Fe is emotionally manipulative as hell but it often works - so suck it bitches!

It's a lot better for me now but it still made a dent in my psyche. I am also naturally rebellious and openly question authority despite being shy- and a lot of people do not like that. I was hurt by others a lot but I don't see myself as an innocent victim because I hit them back 5 times harder. I'm also naturally provocative and do not like to be told what to do.

For me it seems to be really dependent on my environment, I went to this small town trucker bar a few weeks ago and I was getting dirty looks from ppl. And I was not throwing my homosexuality in their face I swear! But idk, maybe I just did it subconsciously and they picked up on it and it made them glare. However I seem to be more well liked in liberal cities and everybody tends to butter me up more and bring out my better sides there. It is a pity the liberal party in America is so weak and ineffectual but I think obviously there is no middle ground in the Game of Life and so of course I get along with uppity liberals from Maine waaaaay better than redneck truck driving assholes and conservative LSE str8 males who play golf using the heads of shrunken gay men.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go with female ESE and female IEE having it easiest.

I don't think I'm going to pick any type that has it the hardest. You'd think maybe certain Se types, but they also might masochistically get meaning and pleasure in life from difficulty in a way too. I know I do, so...

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Ip types that's for sure.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoever thinks IEE has it easiest in life, that is a joke.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reminds me of one incident with IEE.

IEE: math seems to be religious subject to you?
    Me: ???? eh?
    IEE: !!???
    Me: Well, if we really go deep into it there is absolutely nothing religious about it. It is just about following certain axioms. No exceptions allowed. It is the most non religious thing there is.
    IEE: but you seem to be so passionate about it.
    Me: #1. I'm not a mathematician and actual sciences might include much more faith in which I have degree in and I like to just play around. #2. you can shape your own worldview by using concepts used in mathematics but that is no longer mathematics.
    IEE: **shakes his head**

Personal motives = logic. That is where IEE's excel in.
    Anyway makes me thing what I do.... It is like I try to catch peoples' logic. Which makes me... complete weirdo?

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=IEE_domain
    The IEE and logic

'Evil' logic
    Sometimes you come across statements that are just... so wrong. They enrage you with their cleverly disquised false logic. What do you do? Clench your teeth and squeeze out a lengthy analysis of why it is so wrong... Then you look at what you've written or explained and see that you haven't quite done justice to the heinous wrongfulness of the statement. The pain doesn't go away... The offender must be publicly destroyed or humiliated and all must be made to see his erroneous ways... But somehow he always seems to slip out of your grasp and continue to lead others into error untouched...
    Can an IEE be purely logical?
    Anecdote: when asked to speak from a point of view at a socionics seminar, one IEE thought for a moment and began: "One of the theories that I feel very strongly about is..." — at which point everyone burst out laughing. If you "feel strongly," then it's not pure logic.
    In a way it seems to give a ticket to freedom or to complete chaos.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I'm gonna go with female ESE and female IEE having it easiest.

I don't think I'm going to pick any type that has it the hardest. You'd think maybe certain Se types, but they also might masochistically get meaning and pleasure in life from difficulty in a way too. I know I do, so...
    Nooo my sister has bipolar tendencies. She is emotional and friendly withdrawn and self destructive and depressed no for ESE and so many ESE friends suffer at not finding happiness in marriage
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend just referred to me as logical yesterday lol. Just throwing that out there. I was giving her advice. I have yet to determine her type.

Quiet you! @Heretic 007 *shakes fist*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    My friend just referred to me as logical yesterday lol. Just throwing that out there. I was giving her advice. I have yet to determine her type.

Quiet you! @Heretic 007 *shakes fist*
    The calmness from the emotions pouring inside of you will make an Fi type seem more logical or rather rational
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that sounds accurate! That's how she views me also, as more calm and rational than herself (I think she's something more Fe valuing, potentially beta)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sol's got it made in the shade

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Probably the EXXJ types. They tend to be less neurotic and volatile, most idealised in relationships and with higher reported average relationship quality, and tend to have higher average salaries. Essentially, compared to other types, the stress they encounter e.g. from being in high pressure careers is something they have more control of due to their natural temperament.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot agree on ExxJ based on what I've seen

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In current society it would probably best to be an LIE

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah certain ExxJ types may have it easiest, I don't think EIE does from what I've seen

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    whoever thinks IEE has it easiest in life, that is a joke.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Nooo my sister has bipolar tendencies. She is emotional and friendly withdrawn and self destructive and depressed no for ESE and so many ESE friends suffer at not finding happiness in marriage
    That’s true. I know a lot of ESEs that basically are mental and have failed marriages.

My comment was based off only a few distant female ESEs and IEEs I know who fit the feminine social stereotypes and who seem to be successful, and look and act like they’re from decently well-off families in the first place. I know a couple fem ESEs who managed to mess it up in spite of that though, but due to their background, it’s basically their own responsibility. I know some who seem just fine though. I don’t know any cute female IEEs who’ve managed to mess it up yet.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    In current society it would probably best to be an LIE
    I think that might be true, especially if you’re a guy. But the problem is normal ESIs are super hard to find and to dualize with... especially normal male ESIs, IME.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast