Thread: INFp relationships - success stories

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp relationships - success stories

Any success stories for IEI’s and relationships? What was/is the other persons type?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My best relationships tend to be alphas, it's what my parents were and I was mostly instilled with alpha values growing up and over time I learned to relate with them the best. ILEs especially gravitate towards me like gay males at a sold out kylie minogue concert. If I need to fit in with society better and not be so narcissistic, I do it through the channels of alpha not delta.

I am also of course very compatible with SLE but it is often too different of a lifestyle to make it work. EIE and me can really like each other but there is a lot of Ip/Ej temperament clashes. Where is Mcbain btw. I kinda miss him. =D

Gammas are more mysterious to me ... either in a bad way or good way. I feel like I have the least experience with them (the opposite of me and Alphas). In real life I have noticed semi-duality play a part, like even at the grocery store if I notice a SEE cashier. They seem more interested in what I say, intrigued by me kinda. ILIs tend to glare hatefully at me because my very essence triggers their Fe polr too much and they kinda just want to watch my body sadistically explode- however they also are good at empathizing with some of the 'darker' sides of my psyche.

Deltas stereotypically tend to be the worst, with them wanting to consistently punish, correct or institutionalize me. There's not much relationship there as the opposing function values are felt pretty strongly. Especially LSEs and EIIs. IEEs/SLI are more live and let live with me but there is still way too much distance and misunderstandings.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD, what do you perceive to be "Alpha values?"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Data, all IEI's:

male (SB) unhappily married to LSE female. Stays in the marriage for her money. He doesn't work.
    female (BM) married to a male IEI for about three years, then the IEI decided he was gay, they broke up and he died.
    female (HS) married to an SEE for 20 years, everything seems fairly OK, although she criticizes him sometimes.
    male (JP) married twice, divorced twice, presently single. I don't know his ex's types. He says the marriages were good as long as they lasted. (A few years each.)
    female (JM) married at age 20 to an SLE, perfectly happy into old age and dementia.
    female (MP) unhappily married to an ILE for 20 years, divorced him and is now single.
    male (GM) long married to his wife whose type I don't know, seems happy.
    female (SG) married for a couple years to an NF?, divorced, then lived with an LSE for two years, then left. Presently with a male IEI, but not married.
    female (MR) met an SLE in her late forties/early fifties while single, they have been dating for four years and their friends say they are a perfect couple. Not married.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@
    BandD, what do you perceive to be "Alpha values?"

Hmm. I would mostly say participating in society but in a Fe/Ti-ish way as opposed to Fi and Te. Alphas are kinda like Deltas in that sense but not quite as serious or morally strict. Ne & Si valuing contributes to one exploring the world the best without stepping on other people's toes. Ne valuing can be strongly associated with expansion... with Si valuing to create a vision of harmony and order. (so likewise they can explore more etc.) Alpha also values Ti though so they are also 'boxed in' from venturing too much capitalistically the way a Gamma or Delta would. So they will go more for Ti rules as opposed to Te risks.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see the alpha being positive for an IEI for sure, though I do like someone who can connect to my darker side also. I’ve never dated a SLE. I couldn’t say which types I’ve dated for sure since I’m not well-versed in Socionics, but I’m sure I have not dated a SLE. The woman criticizing the alpha type at times as Adam mentioned I could see too though lol. Overall alpha energy makes me happy though, non-romantically at least.

i relate to the female (SG) one in Adam’s post lol, though when I was younger. I often fly solo now.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to wait for someone I know is a true match. In the past, I tended to blind myself with the initial high of romance shit.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two IEIs married to their duals. One male and one female. I also know a female IEI married to an LII. They all seem fairly alright.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I would like to wait for someone I know is a true match. In the past, I tended to blind myself with the initial high of romance shit.
    Dont become an Adam Strange

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had long term with relationships with ILI, IEE, and SEI.

My current is LII - which has been the most satisfying - but also can be linked to my maturity.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, IEI's some seem to be bit torn off and others too fondly attached to reality at first sight (base Ni/Ne type problems).

I as the torn off version can find interesting time together with that torn off IEI version as our information exchange goes by exchanging non direct stuff... which is largely borderline crazy talk but addictive although it might not be completely understood while both minds are filling the gaps and it might become highly paralytic for both in long term. That more realistic wannabe version I'd just rather ignore.

I imagine that this happens with all types (irrational and rational versions). So the question becomes what happens to extreme dreamers of this type? I kind of see the shit together versions being active enough.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

my aunt SEE with IEI husband
    not bad family

SLE (he) / IEI marriage pair
    seems not bad one. he is older, had good income for that moment. he left a wife for her. IEI assisted him in his occupation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like unavailable Men

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjfry View Post
    I like unavailable Men
    Stop that