Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I actually think that LSE's and LIE's are damaged or undeveloped in a particular way, in the sense that we have what is called one dimensional Fi, but is what I think of as retarded Fi. I actually think that Te-doms are stuck in an early development stage of children where, for example, the mother takes the little kid to the playground and he runs off to explore, and then stops, turns around, runs back to his mother to make sure that she's still there for him, and once reassured, goes off again to explore, his mother temporarily forgotten until the "love assurance" runs out and he has to return to her again.

Certainly, I've seen an LSE call home from work several times a day to check on his wife and ask her what she's doing and does she need anything. It is really the LSE who needs to know where his wife is, and he's the one who needs something from her. He needs her steady and reassuring existence. In return, he'll pick up dinner on the way home, pay for the house, and fix the toaster when he gets there. Because he can.

In my own case, I think I need to close the distance between me and my SO and be intimate for a while, until the "love meter" reads "full", and then I can go off and do things independently, working only with my Te and Ni, until the supply of love runs out and I need to return to fill it up again. But I need to know that she is nearby and is available when I need her. That is essential. I need that like oxygen.
That's insightful and well explained.