Thread: How much food do you eat?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much food do you eat?

Can post in terms of volume and/or calories, or however else you want.

I feel like I need to eat a lot and like my body is not necessarily that fuel efficient. When I was in my late teens my mom told me to stop eating so much food that was in the house because she was concerned about the cost. E.g. I will occasionally eat a US large sized pizza on my own. I can easily eat multiple entrees-worths of food in a sitting.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually around 6000 calories /day, recently I've been surviving on around 1000 /day. Food is actually one of the things I feel no regret on spending on.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Usually around 6000 calories /day, recently I've been surviving on around 1000 /day. Food is actually one of the things I feel no regret on spending on.
    Are u cutting atm?

Mind saying what your 6000 calories usually consist of?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Are u cutting atm?

Mind saying what your 6000 calories usually consist of?
    Cutting? No. I'm surviving.

My usual diet was around 8 bananas a day, 3 litres of low fat yogurt with honey. One gainer with 1000g of melted coconut oil. Lunch was a sallad with a tuna, spinach and red cabbage base. For dinner I had chicken and rice mostly, or salmon and sweet potato. After the workout I immediately ate a banana and drank a double dose of protein. Then before I slept I took magnesium, zink, multivitamin with probiotics and ashwaganda and another protein shake.
    Last edited by Tonatiuh; 10-20-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I cant type cuz im drunk

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutting? No. I'm surviving.

My usual diet was around 8 bananas a day, 3 litres of low fat yogurt with honey. One gainer with 1000g of melted coconut oil. Lunch was a sallad with a tuna, spinach and red cabbage base for lunch. For dinner I have chicken and rice mostly, or salmon and sweet potato. After a a workout I immediately at a banana and a double dose of protein. Then before I slept I took magnesium, zink, multivitamin with probiotics and ashwaganda and another protein shake.
    Why are you only surviving now

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Why are you only surviving now
    Broke up with my girl so I stopped giving a shit about everything so now you can replace all those healthy habits with beer.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke up with my girl so I stopped giving a shit about everything so now you can replace all those healthy habits with beer.
    :<

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just broke up with like two people at the same time, I felt that.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    I just broke up with like two people at the same time, I felt that.
    You will learn one day. You little psychopath! Well I hope you will, better to have loved and lost, or so they tell me.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 1400 calories a day
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably in the upper 2000's. I eat pretty frequently because I like to eat everything by itself instead of a meal. I'd eat a banana, then 20 minutes later some almonds, then 20 minutes later some yogurt...

For lunch I usually just make some kind of curry with grains and veggies in it, and that's the only real meal I like to make.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to eat only oatmeal or cereal, chicken, rice, yogurt, and a sandwich. And then I'd come home and eat a fuckload of peanut butter and apples. I was running for an hour as soon as I woke up in the morning and doing body weight exercises/yoga. Lost way too much weight doing that.

Nowadays I eat a combination of plenty of shitty and healthy food.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was a student and doing mostly intellectual work, I was around 1500kcal/day. I was never hungry and the taste didn't matter much.

Now that I have a more active life I'm around 2500 kcal/day. Meals have become very important to me because I've become aware that they are a good way to relax (and then to become more effective at work).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was eating about 1200 calories a day until I started taking a medication that substantially increases appetite. Now it's about 1500 calories a day, which, bizarrely, has been enough to cause me to steadily gain weight. I guess it's because I get pretty much no physical activity. I'm not overweight yet, but I will be in a year's time if my metabolism doesn't kick in or I don't start starving myself half to death.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've accepted that the Zombie Apocalypse is our future in one form or another and my diet reflects that. I eat a big 1k+ Calorie meal and then just do what most survivalists recommend, eat little, eat often. Gotta "front load" the calories if ya wanna avoid being Zombie chow in the long run .

@Nunki, try to time your consumption. Intermittent fasting is basically how we evolved in regards to caloric intake. Thus, do like your ancestors did and down those 1.2-.5k calories in one sitting and then fast until the next day.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I've accepted that the Zombie Apocalypse is our future in one form or another and my diet reflects that. I eat a big 1k+ Calorie meal and then just do what most survivalists recommend, eat little, eat often. Gotta "front load" the calories if ya wanna avoid being Zombie chow in the long run .

@Nunki, try to time your consumption. Intermittent fasting is basically how we evolved in regards to caloric intake. Thus, do like your ancestors did and down those 1.2-.5k calories in one sitting and then fast until the next day.
    I actually do the opposite lol. Digestion takes up space and energy, so I usually eat everything before bed. Wake up, have coffee and nothing else all day, poop, repeat.

I occasionally eat breakfast or lunch but only once in a blue moon. I also just kinda resent social norms about these things.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never counted calories ç__ç I know I'm eating too much when my jeans dont fit anymore, like now.

what I eat usually in a meal (2 meals x day): 150 g pasta with, usually, some mad heavy sauce or rice or beans soups/ an insane amount of potatoes made in all ways (not a fan of fried potatoes tho) / veggies of all kinds or veggie soy stuff (i love soy) / meat or fish

when I want a snack I usually eat bread with oil or nutella or homemade jams or other stuff but always bread i love bread especially with the seeds <3

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't eat a lot of food, on average I probably eat about 2,500kcal a day. Since I quit drinking I am expecting to lose weight

The problem is now I'm eating a lot of snacks so I need to stop that.

I usually eat a hot breakfast of bacon and eggs (and other things sometimes) either at home or out of home, and then at dinner I eat a big real meal, ideally 1/3rd carb-meat-veg but sometimes it's 50/50 carb/meat LoLoLoLoL, usually very rich with thick sauce etc.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I made a calculus I think I'm around 1500/2000 Kcalories a day

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot. Lol. Waxes and wanes though, as does my weight. I fluctuate like crazy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to eat a lot more but I stopped doing that and lost 50 pounds. Ideally I want to lose about 20-25 more. idk I just don't personally seem to do well with extra weight- I was too skinny and twink ish like 12 years ago but then went too far in the other direction. I also developed health problems like COPD/Gerd because of the extra weight and over eating so I am getting all that under control and improving my health. I only apply this to myself- there are people like 350-500 pounds that seem to get around just fine and are happy & vibrant but I know if that were me I would feel like I was in the morgue

I think this is because doing physical stuff already naturally drains me so fucking much because of my genes and perhaps socionic type/the fact my RPG class is a Wizard lol, so I think I feel it more than other ppl do if I am even a little out of shape. My dad was the same way- we both hate doing stuff but lately I have forced myself to move around even when I don't want to because I know it's good for you.

If I was more naturally happier and in a better mood and had less emo depressed IP energy my metabolism would probably be better and I could eat more without it having such a negative effect on me but I think for me, what works the best is eating less and counting Weight Watcher points. Which I mean to do again STARTING NOW I got lazy and slacked off with it. Yeah it is really annoying to count points every day lol but the results are worth it for me.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

6000 lol nice joke

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And now 1000 man learn 2 count

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    6000 lol nice joke
    Aw, I must have hurt your feelings. You're tryin real hard to piss me off. Not gonna work though. You're pathetic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End
    I will never ever do that. I would get hungry, and hunger is a nasty little distraction from all things that are good in life.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i eat a lot, like a lot alot. like the same as sbbds, im fairly small but can finish a whole pizza in one sitting

its honestly a blessing and a curse bc i like eating and can stay trim, but goddamn does it rack up the grocery bills lol
    not to say that thats a problem, just. uhhh...... food is just a big part of my life, haha
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aw, I must have hurt your feelings. You're tryin real hard to piss me off. Not gonna work though. You're pathetic.
    yea u hurt my feelings real bad with those numbers

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I will never ever do that. I would get hungry, and hunger is a nasty little distraction from all things that are good in life.
    Perhaps, but one of the biggest plagues in the modern world, in my eyes, is the general unwillingness to suffer for pretty much any reason. The hunger you suffer now will prevent health problems down the line that will cause you far much more and worse suffering when they manifest. Ironically, the avoidance of suffering now increases total suffering suffered during one's lifetime. Thus, why not suffer lightly now so that you may avoid suffering greatly later?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea u hurt my feelings real bad with those numbers
    All true, but an insect like you could never relate I'm afraid. Worlds apart.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All true, but an insect like you could never relate I'm afraid. Worlds apart.
    yeah nobody can relate to such a retard.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah nobody can relate to such a retard.
    Haha! Keep it coming dazzle me with your great understanding.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha! Keep it coming dazzle me with your great understanding.
    cant convince a fool of a good theory. its like explaining chess to a monkey

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant convince a fool of a good theory. its like explaining chess to a monkey
    I expected better than such rudimentary shit tossing. But I'll play. How many calories do you think a male individual weighing in on 115 kgs and being 188cm tall with around 15% body fat would need to consume in when conducting strength training 6 times (between 1-2h a day) / week and running ~4 times a week in order to gain something from it?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I expected better than such rudimentary shit tossing. But I'll play. How many calories do you think a male individual weighing in on 115 kgs and being 188cm tall with around 15% body fat would need to consume in when conducting strength training 6 times (between 1-2h a day) / week and running ~4 times a week would need to consume in order to gain something from it?
    not 6000. also roids r bad mkay?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not 6000. also roids r bad mkay?

Still got nothing to come with!
    But I guess you have a lot of time to waste since you're an unemployed scrub that spends 12 hours a day infront of a computer screen working out your jerk off muscles.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End
    Perhaps, but one of the biggest plagues in the modern world, in my eyes, is the general unwillingness to suffer for pretty much any reason. The hunger you suffer now will prevent health problems down the line that will cause you far much more and worse suffering when they manifest. Ironically, the avoidance of suffering now increases total suffering suffered during one's lifetime. Thus, why not suffer lightly now so that you may avoid suffering greatly later?
    If I get serious health problems like that, I'll just put myself to death. Being dead could be viewed as a health problem, I suppose, but I'll take it over the kinds of diseases you can get by not consuming 1500 calories in your sole meal of the day.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 deer or maybe some berries depending on how the hunting goes

I am living the hunter gatherer dream and it has given me a lot of insight in the human condition and animal rights
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

i like soup

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I gotta say, few things on this forum is as entertaining as watching #9 pick fights with random people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast