Thread: Intra-Quadra Romantic and Sexual Relations

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intra-Quadra Romantic and Sexual Relations

Does anyone know of articles written concerning intra-quadra sexual relations, or even sexual relations in general not written by Gulenko?

I’ve been thinking recently on sexual/romantic ITRs. There’s something to Gulenko’s theory, I think — Se types tend to take a more active, ‘aggressive’ role, and so on. But there seem to be significant differences in how this plays out between quadras. Betas particularly seem more typical of the Aggressor/Victim descriptions, and Alphas of Caregivers/Infantiles, than Gammas and Deltas respectively, and I don’t think that describing Delta NFs as “Pseudo-Caregivers” really captures the essence of their particular dynamic. So I’d be interested what different Socionicists have to say on this.

It does seem clear that the quadras do have preferred romance styles, at least. My general impression is that Alphas aren’t at all into an “aggressive” or competitive dynamic unless it’s playful and intentions are clear, and are atttacted to people based on a feeling of relaxment, fun, or general pleasure. Deltas seem to have a more “pedagogical” approach, as if the NFs and STs take an attitude of “mentoring” each other in ethical or logical subjects. Betas seem to be into an attitude of competition and making each other feel alive, energetic, and interested. Gammas I don’t think I understand well — SEEs seem much more “aggressor” types than ESIs, while neither of the NTs seem like classic “victims”. ( @Adam Strange, thoughts on this?) I think there’s some element of contest involved, maybe; a side having to “prove” they meet the standards of the other, but I’m not really sure of this.

Anyway, links or thoughts are welcome.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

honestly the use of 'pseudo' in those romantic styles suggests strongly they're under-developed ideas

i think the romance styles are dumb and don't make any sense, but they seem to be popular so what do i know
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This is from an old thread.

http://www.lyubi.ru/socion18.php

http://www.lyubi.ru/socion.php

I don't mind the theories but then people apply them to absolutely everything others do and take them so literal it is laughable. Each relationship is going to have different dynamics regardless of the same socionics type.
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-20-2019 at 01:14 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's theoretical ideas and there is not much reasonable from types point.
    These ideas are general, simple and evident. The rest is authors fantasies.

In pairs with same values the behavior will be closer to expected by types theory.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Betas seem to be into an attitude of competition and making each other feel alive, energetic, and interested.
    I don't care much at all about competition or being energetic but I do like people who show interest and make me feel alive. So you were half right? =p

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

I don't care much at all about competition or being energetic but I do like people who show interest and make me feel alive. So you were half right? =p
    Hopefully. Yeah, in retrospect I don't think "competitive" is the right word to describe it. From the two IEIs I've known reasonably well, they seem to seem to view relationships/sex as assets they can leverage socially. Beyond them, my Beta social sphere such as it is is comprised mostly LSIs, who, I think, are less expressive about what makes them tick. But my general impression is that Betas usually view relationships/sex in similar terms as a game, and I think this is why the word "competitive" came to mind.

I'm not sure of this though (which is, of course, why I'm asking here ).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF: Nymphs
    Delta STs: Disciplinarians

Gamma NT: Company VP who has limited time for sex/romance in a single day
    Gamma SF: Money-hungry temp staff

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dcnh is also a major factor in sexual relations.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Delta NF: Nymphs
    Delta STs: Disciplinarians

Gamma NT: Company VP who has limited time for sex/romance in a single day
    Gamma SF: Money-hungry temp staff
    These are great. Can you do one for Beta or Alpha?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sexual attraction is animalistic and has nothing to do with ITR. Type usually takes a back seat to the animal in the driver's seat until one has been sufficiently beaten down by bad decisions. Romance style can be influenced by type but often this aspect is suppressed in order to impress; romance usually ends within a year after the honeymoon. Solid, long-lasting partnerships are most often from the head: an acceptance that this person is good for me and will always be there even though, sexually, the neighbour is much hotter.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Sexual attraction is animalistic and has nothing to do with ITR. Type usually takes a back seat to the animal in the driver's seat until one has been sufficiently beaten down by bad decisions. Romance style can be influenced by type but often this aspect is suppressed in order to impress; romance usually ends within a year after the honeymoon. Solid, long-lasting partnerships are most often from the head: an acceptance that this person is good for me and will always be there even though, sexually, the neighbour is much hotter.....

a.k.a. I/O
    I could not have said this better myself.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Sexual attraction is animalistic and has nothing to do with ITR.

a.k.a. I/O
    BS

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    BS
    Actually, @Number 9 large, I agree with you on this point. The women whom I've been most hotly attracted to have been LSI's. The ones I have been more warmly but more deeply attracted to have been ESI's.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So far, my best sex has been with Delta J and ESFxes of unknown quadra... Wish I could pin that one down. Maybe an ESI. Guys who are too emotive tend to turn me off. If I'm having sex, it's all about the sex.

There's not too much written about sex. I think the articles are probably overgeneralizing anyway.

I've seen Deltas into BDSM and Betas into soft tender sex.
    Last edited by Aramas; 05-11-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> Betas particularly seem more typical of the Aggressor/Victim descriptions, and Alphas of Caregivers/Infantiles, than Gammas and Deltas respectively

the difference relates to other valued functions in borders of common theory

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Umm I am not Ne only Ne role so my creative juices aren’t flowing as much anymore

Beta NF: Psychedelics abusers
    Beta ST: Spousal abuse suspect

How did you like this one? No? Yes?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Alpha NT: Pizzeria raiders @Rebelondeck
    Alpha SF: Kind bakers (kneading your dough, icing your cakes etc)

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ......... The women whom I've been most hotly attracted to have been LSI's. The ones I have been more warmly but more deeply attracted to have been ESI's.
    Were the LSIs physically attractive by the standards of your generation because the hot ones usually attract the suitors? People tend to settle for the homely when they have no hot options and because of this, they also tend to look deeper for redeeming qualities. I recall all the men in my building salivating over this one admin assistant; there was a continual parade into her office area but I doubt that personality was the main attraction....

a.k.a. I/O