Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Naked Communist

I've had a conservative tell me to read this, and I figure at best I'll get the Republican version of Century of the Self about evil academics (which are real despite me knowing too many naïve people who still think that this isn't the 1800s so they can do no wrong) and at worst my sense of humor will be amused at ridiculous Cold War paranoia. Since Stalin was bad, I'm giving this a chance, even if Salty Sol reports me to the Kremlin. I know no one here reads or you'd have read Eureka with me. C'est la vie.

https://archive.org/details/B-001-002-046/page/n23

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Stalin was bad for enemies and competitors of Russians, inner and external ones
    those blame him. and the ones who trust to their propaganda

he was not perfect, but was one of the best rulers of Russia
    Ivan IV "Grozny" is another example of such "bad" one. strong centralization and many good results
    Nero seems was a similar case
    etc

not always people who do good are liked and get the justice. significant use for mass people often mean significant loses for minorities as corrupted elites, competitors, some groups. those do negative propaganda

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stalin is bad. He re-defined Russia in terms of his interests and then served Russia, in other words, served his interests. Screw him.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was interested in seeing a detailed critique of communism and I'll give this author his due for actually demonstrating some knowledge of marxist communism instead of just memeing anti-communist stuff. While I do think he provides good criticism towards marxism specifically I'm still firmly in the anti-capitalist camp, just that from an anarchist/primitivist perspective rather then a marxist/tankie one. I view industrialization (plus the state) as the problem rather then just capitalism like Marx did.

Native Hawaiians before they were colonized by America only had to work a few hours a day and were free to do whatever the hell they wanted for the rest. Today we have to spend all our youth forcefully enrolled into a dictatorial Prussian education system the teaches obedience instead of how to live independently off the land, and then in adulthood probably be forced into a 9-5 job obeying some asshole manager who motivates his supervisees by fear until you are old and decrepit at which point you finally have some actual freedom IF you poured enough of your soul into the system. Fuck this I say, give me a tribal hunter-gather society instead.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I was interested in seeing a detailed critique of communism and I'll give this author his due for actually demonstrating some knowledge of marxist communism instead of just memeing anti-communist stuff. While I do think he provides good criticism towards marxism specifically I'm still firmly in the anti-capitalist camp, just that from an anarchist/primitivist perspective rather then a marxist/tankie one. I view industrialization (plus the state) as the problem rather then just capitalism like Marx did.

Native Hawaiians before they were colonized by America only had to work a few hours a day and were free to do whatever the hell they wanted for the rest. Today we have to spend all our youth forcefully enrolled into a dictatorial Prussian education system the teaches obedience instead of how to live independently off the land, and then in adulthood probably be forced into a 9-5 job obeying some asshole manager who motivates his supervisees by fear until you are old and decrepit at which point you finally have some actual freedom IF you poured enough of your soul into the system. Fuck this I say, give me a tribal hunter-gather society instead.

Reminded me of this... where depression and anxiety is explained to be rampant because of the Western (American) work system not valuing social support and empathy enough.

Employers and employees are so fucking cold and fake, and I see it everywhere.