Thread: Kintypes are Underrated

TIM
    SEE 7w8chaoticsexual
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kintypes are Underrated

Haven't you people heard of bromance? Get yourself a kin, become dictators, make espresso. Life advice here.

TIM
    SLE-H VLFE 782 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post op

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cursed thread
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well... str8 males have bromance with each other sometimes but what about homance? Homance is when a gay guy and str8 girl bond very deeply to the point of almost eroticism and the guy almost going str8.

I want a Homance with Kylie Minogue. Isn't she amazing omg. xoxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vypAgJWiifA

TIM
    SEE 7w8chaoticsexual
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're amazing and so does my SLE bro <3

TIM
    SLE-H VLFE 782 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBonerpart View Post
    I think you're amazing and so does my SLE bro <3
    yeah I'll go straight so he can become straight too

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

male friends are almost as hard to make as female friends tho

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Their demo tends to look pretty effed up but very powerful, IMO.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>having friends
    I thought this was a Socionics forum?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    >having friends
    I thought this was a Socionics forum?
    Yes. Social interaction among socionist = deciphering nature's AI inside human body.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kindred (comparative?) relationships should be relatively strong from a cognitive perspective, and have the same strength as look-alike (there are four stronger ones). In both, either one partner rationalizes differently the exact same data, or has a different data perspective but rationalizes it the exact same way - partners are configured the same. Each partner has more than one foot planted in the other's field so to speak, which can be a source of familiarity (common ground) but also conflict, so there's potential for much disagreement on what is or what should be - but this can have a positive spin when the partners are not territorial......

a.k.a I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 10-19-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added the verb "be"

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a SLI friend for several years when i was at university. Definitely one of the more compatible relations outside of quadra especially if you have compatible subtype and enneagram.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bromance is more or less banned by hollywood religion, which is bad because without bromance no real civilisation, providing further evidence all practitioners, camp followers and clergy members of the hollywood religion should be put in re-education camps as china puts uighurs in re-education camps.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok my dumbass thought this thread was about kintypes from tumblr like ie wolfkin, oh my god

WHY DIDNT KINDRED INTERTYPE RELATIONS CLICK WITH MY BRAIN AAAAAHHHHHH
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Kindred (comparative?) relationships should be relatively strong from a cognitive perspective, and have the same strength as look-alike (there are four stronger ones). In both, either one partner rationalizes differently the exact same data, or has a different data perspective but rationalizes it the exact same way - partners are configured the same. Each partner has more than one foot planted in the other's field so to speak, which can be a source of familiarity (common ground) but also conflict, so there's potential for much disagreement on what is or what should be - but this can have a positive spin when the partners are not territorial......

a.k.a I/O
    Which do you think are the four stronger ones? I know you’ve said you think super-ego is a good one in other posts..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    Which do you think are the four stronger ones? I know you’ve said you think super-ego is a good one in other posts..
    http://www.socionics.com/articles/thestrength.html

Note that in the article, I spelt Maslow wrong.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Super ego and kindred gives much more leeway through creative/demonstrative domains than supervision and conflict.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought this was about Tumblr kinnies. There's also godkin: On all levels except physical, I am your god.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/articles/thestrength.html

Note that in the article, I spelt Maslow wrong.

a.k.a. I/O
    fascinating...! Thank you

Makes me realise how negative I was being towards certain types..when actually as you’ve listed/described them, and perhaps in my own reality too..they are much more suited to me than ‘the quadra’ (not inc dual). My own observations of duality is that it seems like you say, difficult to start but good long term
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-14-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    ..... My own observations of duality is that it seems like you say, difficult to start but good long term
    I've often said that what people need isn't usually what they desire. It usually takes quite a few missteps to realize this - and even after realization, many will still choose to chase rainbows. Bad relationships can have addictive qualities while good ones usually don't. Some on this site have suggested that duals have addictive qualities but I would generally disagree even though some duals (usually with divergent backgrounds) would make terrible partners.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often said that what people need isn't usually what they desire. It usually takes quite a few missteps to realize this - and even after realization, many will still choose to chase rainbows. Bad relationships can have addictive qualities while good ones usually don't. Some on this site have suggested that duals have addictive qualities but I would generally disagree even though some duals (usually with divergent backgrounds) would make terrible partners.

a.k.a. I/O
    Thank you. Out of the duals I can think of there are only two who I experienced high (sort of) initial attraction to. I have worked out that they had similar/ compatible(?) enneagram tritype to me (high chemistry at least). I lost one guy's phone number otherwise I'd contact him haha. So yeah the romantic in me is annoyed about that. But even then I wouldn't consider them 'perfect' (reading about tritype/instincts has helped with this). And maybe a dual with slighty less attraction would actually be a better fit- more complimentary or something. Or a different type of good. Maybe like what you say about needs/desires being different. Soothing rather than exciting I dunno ha. I have met other duals who I have had a more normal or even dull sort of attraction to.

A possible overshare but..my experience of romance is very lacking and I'm not a young person anymore sadly :/ I'm at the 'having baby' age so am trying to meet someone I could settle down with. I'm glad to have read your article as it made me think of looking out for semi-duals (or another type) to meet. Types within the quadra didn't seem that appealing. And feeling comfortable is going to be quite important for me in dating someone but I would also like chemistry as I haven't experienced it before (apart from all those crushes lol). A semi-dual could tick those boxes unless a nice dual comes along..or other type...

I will add..that fortunately it is not all bad as I am a reasonably attractive person and armed with all this personality type knowledge (which I hope is getting to a healthy stage/level) I feel more calm and openminded about my prospects of meeting someone and dating. Well let's see..And your article and posts in general have helped me feel more mentally healthy, thank you. Learning about this stuff has been intense to say the least and it is nice to feel a bit more grounded.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-15-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before socionics I used to think kindred types were soulmates, when I believed that stuff.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on the comparison type. I can’t imagine ILE and IEE getting together. The destruction they’ll do is long lasting and humanity cannot reproduce quick enough to even begin to rebuild.

With SLE and SEE, it seems more common to be friends and allies. They want the same things, just go about it and express it differently. There’s less clashing between them than mirrors.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Gulenko's book about kindred relations: 'There is no doubt there are also chances for training. One can learn restraint, and the other on the contrary, more activity'. This seems to ring true for my friendship with an ILI, I think I try too hard with them at times.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-23-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational kindred pairs may work quite differently and less favorably than other comparative/kindred relations.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can never form a relationship of depth with an ESI, despite having six first cousins, several past close friends, a long-term suitor, and love interests of the type. The word “kindred” describes my feelings toward my Activity partners moreso than my socionics “kindred” relations. I easily understand the intentions of most ESIs, but the motivations behind their actions are an enigma to me. We don’t accomplish anything together - typically our interaction consists of sitting around complaining about the same problems, but unable to agree on any solutions - which eventually feels like a waste of time. There is nothing we actually need from each other. It can be convenient to collect information from the other’s demonstrative, but this is mostly for personal use and doesn’t benefit the pair as a unit.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 07-25-2021 at 12:57 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, kin works great IME. I’ve generally gotten along pretty well with LSI. One of my cousins is one, and I used to be friends with another when I was a kid, so I’ve known them pretty well.

IME it’s easier to get along/bond when working on a project together. We seem to think similarly and have complementary approaches. Our ways of relaxing or not working, though, are more different. LSI don’t really seem to relax, for one. For another, not valuing Ne/Si they’re less open to talk about just whatever, so range of conversation becomes more narrow, and for my own part I’m not so wild about Se stuff.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 07-24-2021 at 06:38 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    fascinating...! Thank you

Makes me realise how negative I was being towards certain types..when actually as you’ve listed/described them, and perhaps in my own reality too..they are much more suited to me than ‘the quadra’ (not inc dual). My own observations of duality is that it seems like you say, difficult to start but good long term
    Shit

Rebelondeck writes on article and you buy in, just like that. It's your life, man, but you could try testing his theory in real life before agreeing outright.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, result types aim for "easy/simple" life and process types like to drown in gazillion of views. This seems to create some tension: "Why are you always on!" vs "Gotcha but...!". As @FreelancePoliceman put it it is probably hard to last together. So it probably stays at being comparative.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Shit

Rebelondeck writes on article and you buy in, just like that. It's your life, man, but you could try testing his theory in real life before agreeing outright.
    Of course I test out the theories. I have a brain lol. Theory can only help you so much anyway, you don’t really choose who you get on with/who you love/care about. My aim is to have peaceful relationships with all of the types (or at least respectful).

Also, I said ‘perhaps’, implying I was testing out the theory..it does make sense to me but I probably couldn’t explain why. I think about the things I read a lot, sitting there lost in thought and then suddenly poof it’s gone, I’m left with an opinion but I can’t remember the reasoning. I think about people I know, people from my past. EP/IP energy together makes sense to me. Contrary types also seem similar to me, it seems right that I would get on with their dual. Also, I haven’t had that much contact with types in my quadra as an adult. I was too shy for Betas.

What enneagram type are you btw? If you know/don’t mind me asking. The way you talk reminds me a bit of a person I just met who I think is SLE

Socionics is a bit old fashioned too and needs updating. I don’t think Gulenko rates inter-quadra relationships that highly from what I remember. Also, many of the articles are quite vague about the strength of the ITR it seems.

My instincts are telling me that it would be nice to settle down with one of those types near the top of the list, if possible. Knowing what I know, that’s how I feel. But I’m not gonna wait around too long and another type would be just fine!

I know a couple of mirror couples who seem good together. From the outside it looks like they pushed each other to advance in their careers and have a lot of friends (part of a group). Maybe the timing was right for them. Actually mirrors often seem all over each other when I see them! I observed my friends with their partners on zoom a while back..the duals were most excitable..but the look-a-likes and mirrors had their own type of chemistry and warmth. Jealous of the zoom couples! Lol

LSIs make me feel a bit sad. Similar to look-a-likes. Too much love or something. Being with an IEI would be cool but weird. Mirrors…hmm. Sometimes, I really fancy them and they are awesome. Other times I take a disliking to them straight away. I had an EIE mentor once and had to report him for bullying.

A couple of people i know in mirror couples have health problems, which might be stress related.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-25-2021 at 07:34 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm would I date a kindred? I knew a really hot one once, maybe I’d date him My friend is ILI, we are old friends from school. She needs me more that she lets on. I often call her when I’m angry about something. We are like two angry children together.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Of course I test out the theories. I have a brain lol. Theory can only help you so much anyway, you don’t really choose who you get on with/who you love/care about. My aim is to have peaceful relationships with all of the types (or at least respectful).

Also, I said ‘perhaps’, implying I was testing out the theory..it does make sense to me but I probably couldn’t explain why. I think about the things I read a lot, sitting there lost in thought and then suddenly poof it’s gone, I’m left with an opinion but I can’t remember the reasoning. I think about people I know, people from my past. EP/IP energy together makes sense to me. Contrary types also seem similar to me, it seems right that I would get on with their dual. Also, I haven’t had that much contact with types in my quadra as an adult. I was too shy for Betas.

What enneagram type are you btw? If you know/don’t mind me asking. The way you talk reminds me a bit of a person I just met who I think is SLE

Socionics is a bit old fashioned too and needs updating. I don’t think Gulenko rates inter-quadra relationships that highly from what I remember. Also, many of the articles are quite vague about the strength of the ITR it seems.

My instincts are telling me that it would be nice to settle down with one of those types near the top of the list, if possible. Knowing what I know, that’s how I feel. But I’m not gonna wait around too long and another type would be just fine!

I know a couple of mirror couples who seem good together. From the outside it looks like they pushed each other to advance in their careers and have a lot of friends (part of a group). Maybe the timing was right for them. Actually mirrors often seem all over each other when I see them! I observed my friends with their partners on zoom a while back..the duals were most excitable..but the look-a-likes and mirrors had their own type of chemistry and warmth. Jealous of the zoom couples! Lol

LSIs make me feel a bit sad. Similar to look-a-likes. Too much love or something. Being either an IEI would be cool but weird. Mirrors…hmm. Sometimes, I really fancy them and they are awesome. Other times I take a disliking to them straight away. I had an EIE mentor once and had to report him for bullying.

A couple of people i know in mirror couples have health problems, which might be stress related.
    I'm SLE-Ti, probably enneagram 8.

Sounds like you're doing the best you know how. That's all anybody could ask. You def don't wanna be miserable dating some incompatible dork. But keep your ears open & I'm sure everything will be cool. Cheers, man

TIM
    IEI-H 946
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the sense that we would have great productive conversations and we would be quite awesome when lazing about, but there's just one thing that would be irksome 24/7: I would want immediate results and answers and to skip unnecessary planning, while they would get mad at me for not taking life seriously enough and not having 225250 contingency plans and processes for avoiding risk. I sorta just wanna listen to the answers in my head rather than debate about these things.

I may overthink things, but I keep that shit inside my head, I don't like to bother others with it- I only provide people with my conclusions and things that would inspire them. This just makes the ILI impatient, doubtful, and question me and wonder why I came to those conclusions.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really get where people on this thread are coming from. Kin types are fun and we have a lot in common but I would hardly say this is an underrated relationship.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".