Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Millennial Foods Battle

Apparently all millennials buy hummus and guacamole, and old people are bewildered by this.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oats gang.

Who here eats the shells of their boiled eggs? They say they have calcium, and they've given me no health problems thus far.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Oats gang.

Who here eats the shells of their boiled eggs? They say they have calcium, and they've given me no health problems thus far.
    Are they tasty? Do you want the calcium? Are you worried about scratching your throat? Do you spend a lot of time chewing? I'm bewildered.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Are they tasty? Do you want the calcium? Are you worried about scratching your throat? Do you spend a lot of time chewing? I'm bewildered.
    Yep, just want the nutrients. They're flavorless. Chomp them thoroughly into powder and you shouldn't have to worry about scratching.
    But then, I'm also a core/stem-swallower, and cow's milk does weird stuff to me so I specifically need an alternate source. And I have genetically resilient teeth to make the chewing easier, but then maintaining them is part of why I eat it in the first place.

Emphasis on boiled. If it's boiled, you're cooking the whole egg, and don't have to worry about washing contaminants off the shell. Also, the boiling may or may not weaken the shell and thus make scratching less of an issue. If you try it on scrambled or fried, proceed with caution.
    Last edited by Grendel; 10-15-2019 at 03:56 PM.

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t like avacadoes at all.

thread bursts into flames

​What? Their flavor isn’t enough to save them from their texture. Hummus is handy to keep around, though.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall seeing a video where Arnold Schwarzenegger would mix a whole egg (including the shell) into his protein shake. If it's extra calcium and if it's edible I don't see why not? Reduce waste etc

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love avocados, the problem is that they get shipped from the other side of the world, so I don't eat them that often. can be overwhelming to constantly pay attention to where your food comes from as an intuitive. same with clothes, electronics etc. simply existing causes so much damage to the enviroment...