Thread: Enneagram 7 and bad things

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram 7 and bad things

Is it weird for Enneagram 7's to feel good about bad things that happen to them?

I think I'm a 7. I also currently have bronchitis, which I've never had before. While the physical symptoms suck, I always rationalize these types of ailments or setbacks with the notion that it's important or cool to try everything once. Is this Enneagram-related?

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

possibly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 7 and that makes sense to me

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

you're trying to remake a negative thing it into a positive thing and that's possibly 7 yeah

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had bronchitis really bad last year... and it lasted for like 7-8 months. It was not pleasant at all. There were times where I almost felt like I was gonna die. At first I guess... it was a little interesting because the sensation in your chest is different, and it can be unique (and you kind of naturally sense that it's a virus that will go away in time) - but I got a really horrible case of it and it got to the point where I could not breathe well very often. I thought I had pneumonia for awhile... instead of just bronchitis. But the dr. said no. I still think I possibly had viral pneumonia that just healed on its own, as one time when it was super bad, in the depth of winter- I felt fluid filling up my lungs. I also got disorientated a lot and woke up in cold sweats. The slightest little cold breeze from outside would make me want to rush in, get in a hot shower and throw up. I took like 5-7 hot showers a day to just break up the gunk in my chest. I so weak almost all the time... and got congested sooo easily. It felt like it took forever to heal.

I think people often minimize how awful bronchitis can make you feel. It sucks. I wish you the best- but I think it's good that you can put a positive spin on it. I really couldn't lol. I just wanted it to go away. I recovered from it, but it was so slow. I thought I had done permanent damage to my chest- but the last two months or so I've felt pretty good. The bronchial tubes are naturally slow to heal after an infection like that I heard. So don't be surprised if it takes a long time. Mine did anyway. Yours might heal quicker, who knows. Everybody's different.

Now this year I got my flu shot cuz I'm not going through that again lol.
    Last edited by BandD; 10-15-2019 at 06:07 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Is it weird for Enneagram 7's to feel good about bad things that happen to them?

I think I'm a 7. I also currently have bronchitis, which I've never had before. While the physical symptoms suck, I always rationalize these types of ailments or setbacks with the notion that it's important or cool to try everything once. Is this Enneagram-related?
    I think enneagram 7 is highly correlated with extroverted intuition.

My TRI-type is 8w7, 3w2, 6w7. Lots of seven in there, and LIE’s have 4D Ne. When I first started working, I had fourteen very different jobs before starting a company. When I first started dating, I wanted to try everything with every kind of woman. But my Ne is unvalued; I only use it for joking around. None of those first jobs or first women were anything close to being long term solutions, and I knew that at the time.
    And now my Ni single solution has come to the forefront; one man, one woman, one life.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ohh you might be right xerxe. Iv never thought about it much, but it definitely makes sense.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, sevens are optimists who bottle up their negative emotions. Until they have a meltdown and it all comes out at once.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post

This reminds me a bit of a book I'm currently reading:

Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder
    by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

https://www.amazon.com/Antifragile-T.../dp/B0083DJWGO

"Antifragile" definition according to author:
    "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure , risk, and uncertainty. Yet, in spite of the ubiquity of the phenomenon, there is no word for the exact opposite of fragile. Let us call it antifragile. Antifragility is beyond resilience or robustness. The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better."

"The antifragile loves randomness and uncertainty, which also means— crucially—a love of errors, a certain class of errors. Antifragility has a singular property of allowing us to deal with the unknown, to do things without understanding them— and do them well."

"It is easy to see things around us that like a measure of stressors and volatility: economic systems , your body, your nutrition (diabetes and many similar modern ailments seem to be associated with a lack of randomness in feeding and the absence of the stressor of occasional starvation), your psyche."

I don't know much about Enneagram types but from my shallow understanding the mentallity of antifragility could fit the stereotypical Enneagram 7

TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can feel good about shit if there’s something positive I can grab ahold of and ride out. I think this is a hallmark of an unhealthy 7, like they’ll get into so much chaos and a lot of things around them fall apart but it doesn’t matter because whatever good can come out of it makes it worth it. I could give real life examples but I’ve already splattered my personal life on here so go take a look elsewhere if ya need it.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first instinct is to feel "positive" about these kinds of things: losing at something important, breakups with girls I really liked, etc. Pain and loss are just as much a part of life as pleasure or victory.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can see the potential for recklessness here but this sounds like an admirable quality. <3

TIM
    SEE 7w8chaoticsexual
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not very pain avoiding. I thought this thread was going to be about sinning, now that I would agree with