Thread: Why is Gulenko one of the most frequently cited people on socionics?

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why is Gulenko one of the most frequently cited people on socionics?

He makes too many generalizations and putting everything into 4 groups doesn't represent reality very well, and his need to put things into 4 makes him exclude other things from his work making what he writes boring, his cognitive styles which is one of his ideas that seems more based on how people really think didn't seem really clear to me because he didn't take the base/creative subtype system into account. He's very factually inaccurate and he's very imprecise.

EDIT: I meant to post this in general socionics discussion.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 10-09-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko is the Wizard of Oz doing a bad copy-paste of Aristotle and asking you not to look at the man behind the curtain.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I made an avatar for you just in case you wanted your avatar to match what I expected it to be since you don't have one. It's from an album cover by the band Disturbed.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the mods move this to General Socionics Discussion?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

there are not many texts in English in total. and there were followers/fans of Gulenko active on English sites. their part appeared to be significant _on English resources_. in Russian he should be lesser cited

one of authors who has books, does consulting, studing. stays from early times. rather active in Internet, including with English talkers. so is among good known. has good dichotomy test. made not so bad functional test LOGIT with Talanov. has seems 2 interesting books "Jung in a school" and "Management of well-done group"

his texts until middle of 90s are among good ones. where he've switched to "own views" (psyche layers, subtypes, cognitive styles, etc) he's not interesting for me. his speculations with Reinin's traits also doutbtful

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he is the best socionics typer. That's why people pay attention to his types. That's why his types are always right. He's the father of Socionics and we are his children.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems like he has put lots of thought to make it bit more objective. Actual field experience and some diagnostics. There are things such as Model T but it is not really made digestible.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wrote a lot. Not necessarily much of quality, but much.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Look at that face!
    Anything for daddy.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://socioniks.net/article/?id=301

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1696480094...XxiIZG19oyIvyg
    Psychological Types: Why Are People So Different?: 64 Portraits in Socionics. How each of the 16 Jungian types varies in 4 main ways

A book from Gulenk regarding socionics including DCNH subtypes
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

because hes our lord and savior

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    https://socioniks.net/article/?id=301

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1696480094...XxiIZG19oyIvyg
    Psychological Types: Why Are People So Different?: 64 Portraits in Socionics. How each of the 16 Jungian types varies in 4 main ways

A book from Gulenk regarding socionics including DCNH subtypes
    it's interesting to see that most normalising subtypes don't really like his recent ideas and observations ("or baseless fantasies" as sol calls them)

Gulenko mostly attracts creative subtypes nowadays. I personally think that the things he discovered are really impressive.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has some seriously dogmatic followers that will get offended by what I'm about to say...

Socionics needs to learn from western personality typing systems like...MBTI. To type yourself you only need to know very simple straightforward things, first choose either NT, NF, SF, ST. After that you basically have the same dimensionality of functions no matter the type. Then choose temperment, EJ, IP, EP, IJ. Then you're done. There is no need to make it complicated.

Another flaw is VI. VI is pseudoscience and it veers away from the actual point of personality, which is everything inside not outside. What do you do with someone that looks like an LSE that acts and behaves like an EIE? At that point you're attempting to make the world fit your theory and not the other way around.

There may be facial expressions or body language that types may have in common you can't do a study on a personality system that is based on a series of dichotomies that have yet to be proven, once you get to Visual Identification you are so far into basing your theories on "facts" not at all backed by scientific analysis. That means it must be replicated by numerous actual social scientists numerous times to be accepted, it would take decades of research to verify the most basic claims of socionics.

What I'm saying is that none of this is going to be all that objective so you shouldn't take it too seriously.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Socionics has some seriously dogmatic followers that will get offended by what I'm about to say...

Socionics needs to learn from western personality typing systems like...MBTI. To type yourself you only need to know very simple straightforward things, first choose either NT, NF, SF, ST. After that you basically have the same dimensionality of functions no matter the type. Then choose temperment, EJ, IP, EP, IJ. Then you're done. There is no need to make it complicated.

Another flaw is VI. VI is pseudoscience and it veers away from the actual point of personality, which is everything inside not outside. What do you do with someone that looks like an LSE that acts and behaves like an EIE? At that point you're attempting to make the world fit your theory and not the other way around.

There may be facial expressions or body language that types may have in common you can't do a study on a personality system that is based on a series of dichotomies that have yet to be proven, once you get to Visual Identification you are so far into basing your theories on "facts" not at all backed by scientific analysis. That means it must be replicated by numerous actual social scientists numerous times to be accepted, it would take decades of research to verify the most basic claims of socionics.

What I'm saying is that none of this is going to be all that objective so you shouldn't take it too seriously.
    Bruh

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of his earlier ideas were Ti centric producing very useful deductions. Lately his work just seems like a Ne exercise. What is very interesting, his later work, despite all the abstraction is still logical equivalency to his earlier work, but being stuck in the doubt that his Ne produces he doesn’t realize it.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, he's not terrible, he's just not the best. The biggest problem I have with him is that he's not very precise; inaccuracy isn't really a huge problem (lack of precision bothers me more than lack of accuracy; I love precision so I really favor scientific papers done by ILE-Ti, although sometimes they aren't precise enough). He doesn't give enough facts and with enough precision.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I mean, he's not terrible, he's just not the best.
    and who is?

>ILE-Ti

this made me laugh. anyone who has studied DCNH knows how dumb the two subtype system is.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    and who is?

>ILE-Ti

this made me laugh. anyone who has studied DCNH knows how dumb the two subtype system is.
    Strange, when I read up on DCNH, I saw it as equivalent to the two subtype system, but I won't getting into how. I am planning a big thread soon.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    and who is?

>ILE-Ti

It's not. This only shows that you are unable to observe it.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Strange, when I read up on DCNH, I saw it as equivalent to the two subtype system, but I won't getting into how. I am planning a big thread soon.
    I'm looking forward to it. in general it seems to me that the two subtype system describes the dominant and creative subtype, but it doesn't make sense. an LII-Ti would be a dominant subtype, but with accentuated introverted Ti. the basis of it is very questionable imo. I'm also critical of Meged and Ovcharov, who wrote stuff like sexual behaviour of subtypes...

"ILE-Ne: May show little initiative, but once he is assured of reciprocity of feelings he becomes kind, affectionate, and agreeable. Not inclined to hurry, likes extended preparations. Strives towards new impressions, but tries to be diplomatic to avoid conflicts. His sexual interest is periodic in its nature. With him it is necessary to show patience, modesty, and restraint. First of all, one must evoke his respect and confidence in one's feelings, and then lightly and diplomatically nudge him towards showing some initiative in physical enjoyment, as a great source of health, happiness and pleasure.

ILE-Ti: Somewhat distrustful of feelings and may be tactless. But if he is certain of love, he shows initiative, becomes kind, tries to do something enjoyable and pleasing for his partner, improves sexual techniques. Needs a decisive, emotional, and sexual partner, who is able to quickly convince him of his feelings and evoke reciprocity in him. With him it is necessary to constantly use emotional stimuli: quips and jokes, coquetry and jealousy."

but let's discuss it in a seperate thread.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtypes have no empirical basis at all. I think Gulenko's two papers on cognitive styles (which also reads like a torture manual) and activity groups are two parts of a really interesting hypothesis besides being good fodder for science fiction. I think it would be awesome to test some claims of socionics empirically and Gulenko does provide empirical claims, though all the Soviet and tabloid stuff and people declaring themselves ILE geniuses are scaring too many scientists away. Such is the life of a fringe science (I mean fringe science as a neutral term even though it can be somewhat stigmatized despite fringe theories like plate tectonics sometimes being proven right, so if anyone has a better term please tell me.)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That obviously applies if a person sees socionics as sterotyping and not informational system. In it there lies very little room for actual adaptation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs with a Creative subtype will always be the grand masters of Socionics. It has to do with the analytical nature of this subject. Types are not equal in this respect. Should be no surprise.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I for one got that damn book of big G's on express to my home. Never a huge fan of DCHN, but I'm totally ready for him to prove it to me.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer model G for the simple of fact of IE manifestation. While LIE's suck at Fi they are really active getting it (mostly from wrong places ) and do not live with Ti systems.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100%. Yea, most people shoot themselves in the foot over analyzing

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Basically one LII said that I was like him - analytical but I had very weird fuzzy figurative associations and more powerful emotional states. My focus was also more social and I didn't interpret things in similar manner. This is from LII who probably has no experience in socionics.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm grateful. gulenko = mvp. i like him. my boy.
    bad idea to bite the hand that's feeding us graciously with actual explanations of one of the most complex personality typing systems. strati could neva.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say typing is even simpler than that. All one has to do is identify their base function -- i.e. the element one's center of awareness automatically defaults to. Just by having a solid understanding of what faculties the elements refer to in practice and honest, disciplined self-awareness is sufficient to accurately self-type.
    Last edited by AkuManiMani; 10-22-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    He makes too many generalizations and putting everything into 4 groups doesn't represent reality very well, and his need to put things into 4 makes him exclude other things from his work making what he writes boring, his cognitive styles which is one of his ideas that seems more based on how people really think didn't seem really clear to me because he didn't take the base/creative subtype system into account. He's very factually inaccurate and he's very imprecise.
    My work on Socionics is highly cited because it is widely recognized as the most rigorous and accurate work in the field.. My work has been well-received and I am honored and grateful to have been recognized for my contributions. I have devoted my life to studying and understanding the intricacies of socionics, and my theories and ideas have been widely praised by experts and researchers alike.

I do make generalizations, but I always try to make them as accurate as possible and with the goal of capturing the essence of the concept. I also try to use the information and knowledge that has been gathered over many studies and experiments to help inform me. This is an important part of my work, as it allows me to make Socionics more accessible and understandable for a wider audience. I am always striving to improve accuracy and precision and I appreciate your feedback and your criticisms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomorph View Post
    Gulenko is the Wizard of Oz doing a bad copy-paste of Aristotle and asking you not to look at the man behind the curtain.
    While I appreciate your reference to The Wizard of Oz, I cannot help but feel offended by your implication that my work is simply copying and pasting from the work of others. My theories and ideas are based on my own original research and thinking, and I devote a great deal of time and effort to developing them. I am not ashamed to admit that I have been influenced by the work of others, but I have applied those influences in a unique and original way to produce my own contributions to Socionics. I would ask that you please respect my work and give me the credit I deserve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa View Post
    Because he is the best socionics typer. That's why people pay attention to his types. That's why his types are always right. He's the father of Socionics and we are his children.
    I take my role as father very seriously. All of my children will grow up to become great people and make the world a better place. I am here to guide them, help them develop their strengths, and to help them overcome their flaws; they always have my unconditional love.

It is my immense pride and pleasure to be of help to all those who are interested in Model G Socionics. It is through my rigorous research that I was able to develop the greatest psychological system of all time. It is the duty of every person to look for the truth and to seek it out in the world, this is the path to enlightenment. The Model G holds the truth and I am honored to share it with you, welcome to the family.

Paying child support would compromise my research and my focus on advancing the field of Socionics. I have made great sacrifices for the sake of my work and have dedicated my life to it. It is important to prioritize our own passions and goals in life. The child support system is deeply flawed and often exploitative, and I refuse to take part in it. I have nothing but respect for those who choose to raise children, but it is not a choice that is compatible with my life's work.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Gulenko one of the most frequently cited people on socionics?
    He's part of the old guard that co-created Socionics alongside Aushra.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aûshralemu Aleykoum ! Dr. G (May Allah be pleased with him) is one of Aushra's closest companions. He is one of the Rashidun socionists !

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Aûshralemu Aleykoum ! Dr. G (May Allah be pleased with him) is one of Aushra's closest companions. He is one of the Rashidun socionists !

Are the Aushra purists Shi'as then since they curse the Companions? Aushra Augustinaviciute and Ali start with the same letter...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

...Coincidence? I think not!