Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you care about your own poor polr usage

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be very insecure about my polr so when someone would point out something that they thought I didn’t do properly or whenever someone would express how they felt that I was unable to do something it would hurt me yes.
    But I was younger and eventually I got to a point where I became truly comfortable with who I am and so I stopped caring about those things.
    The more you love yourself the less you need external validation, the less other people’s opinions matter. That’s all there is to it.
    I’ve realize that when people point out “issues” regarding my polr it is rarely done with bad intentions; and if it in fact done with bad intentions then it says more about them than it does about me.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it creates a lot of unfortunate situations that I can't control, and yeah, that's a concern for me, I tend to blame myself because if I had a better control of my Se my life would be easier, especially in my job where I have to take a boss position on the regular, and the people I work with know I hardly reprimand anyone, that I'd rather disappear than rise my voice with them... and they take advantage of that. when I'm super pissed then I totally lose it psycho way and I could come while you shower to kill you, but that happens very very rarily

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the few times it happened everyone still remembers :} not proud of that

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only when I'm around my conflictor or my supervisor. Or any Te-valuing types.

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Se is my PoLR, I agree with another poster that is one of the tougher ones to ignore at least in some cultures - mine obviously being one. The utility of it isn’t lost on me, and while growing up I quickly came to miss and long for a more natural grasp of it, and still pay homage to it in indirect ways such as aesthetics that I started using from a young age to make up for the honest difficulty. I also continually work to develop it to whatever extent I can - I’ll do my utmost at meeting this realistic need, whatever that ends up being.

It’s honestly difficult to tell whether it is a valued function for me or not, because to me, my own personal valuation of it hasn’t mattered for a very long time - what matters is that the reality I live in is what it is, and I am driven to make it within that reality and also maximize my moral impact in it even if that takes extra learning and work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know. Had a mental breakdown and suddenly the polr wasn't really a concern anymore. Maybe I just lost my ego fixation, so polr isn't really a problem now? Or something like that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12