Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type me based on this neat questionnaire

Default Type me based on this neat questionnaire

1. Who am I, really?
    Fuck, you think you're gonna know right away, but then you start questioning and the sense of self dissipates a bit lol. I tend to think I know who I am, but then something happens that changes my perception and I dont feel so sure anymore. I'd say I am a person with good and intelligent virtues and values, with a vision for the future of the world that would benefit humanity, but then again, so did ****** so... I see myself in some ways as a careless jester type of person who pokes fun at the absurdity of life and the status quo, but in others a very internally troubled idealist who's just trying to make sense of the world through art and philosophy.

2. What worries me most about the future?
    Damn, a lot of shit. I'm worried about climate catastrophe, artificial intelligence, I'm worried about my parents dying, I'm worried about greed and conservatism running society into the ground, I'm worried about the universe randomly colliding with another one so that all the natural laws of our reality gets fucked up and we're all stuck in limbo and suffering, just by coincidence. for real tho, that wouldnt be chill at all

3. If this were the last day of my life, would I have the same plans for today?
    No definitely not. I would either be out having a fuckton of fun doing drugs and ending up comatose or maybe paralyzed in fear of death. Who knows, the first one sounds like the better option tho.

4. What am I really scared of?
    Death, eternity, stagnation, repetition, being stuck in a loop, the skin on top of hot chocolate ��

5. Am I holding on to something I need to let go of?
    Hmmm, definitely my ego, but I feel I still have a good few years where its still looked at as cute. At about 25-30, its time to do some mantra meditation and purge that shit from your consciousness.

6. What matters most in my life?
    Hmm, well I know the "good person" answer is loved ones lmao. I think it probably is for me too, but I also highly value novelty in my experiences, expanding my scope of knowledge and worldliness. Art, standing up for what is right and trying to make people think about what kind of future they want. Also having a good laugh and eating good food. Oh fuck i forgot, LOVE. I need love in my life, someone I can use as a canvas for the art that is love. Yes im pretentious suck my dick

7. What am I doing about the things that matter most in my life?
    I'm trying to set myself up for a life within art and performance that will enable me to live in costant motion, experiencing novel things regularly. I'm also reading and trying to stay informed on important global issues of politics/economics etc. I dont want to be easily exploited or deceived. I want to know what the fuck is happening.

8. Why do I matter?
    Well, I dont really objectively. But I'm pretty dope all things considered, so if anyone matters, I'm in that category.

9. Have I done anything lately that’s worth remembering?
    Yeah I came up with some sick jokes today, cant really remember the content but it was good.

10. Have I made someone smile today?
    Yes, refer to the previous question.

11. What have I given up on?
    Most things that are boring and unfulfilling. Idk, i guess a good few girls who werent interested in me. (bad taste) ((jk i respect their decisions as independent human souls))

12. When did I last push the boundaries of my comfort zone?

Hmm, all the time in small ways I think. I stood up on a table in the cafeteria and did a mock speech infront of people. I felt kind of good up there too, I shouldnt have power lol.
    Last edited by Goth detective; 11-03-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

nice. now you may record the answers on the video

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree with Ep and 7. I relate to a lot of things you said and just your overall vibe. I kind of see more Fi valuing and 4D Fe with your focus on art and performing and love and global issues, etc. Some Ne influence with wanting novelty and the things that you’re worried about. A lot of 7 influence, obviously. But I see Ni valuing in some things, too.

SEE or IEE is my vote.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    I definitely agree with Ep and 7. I relate to a lot of things you said and just your overall vibe. I kind of see more Fi valuing and 4D Fe with your focus on art and performing and love and global issues, etc. Some Ne influence with wanting novelty and the things that you’re worried about. A lot of 7 influence, obviously. But I see Ni valuing in some things, too.

SEE or IEE is my vote.
    Why do you think Delta/Gamma?
    Btw, the likelihood of Se dom for me is very low given how much my focus is on the future and potentials. Also i'm pretty clumsy as an opportunist and I'm lost in thought most of the day

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canigetuuuhpurpose View Post
    Why do you think Delta/Gamma?
    Btw, the likelihood of Se dom for me is very low given how much my focus is on the future and potentials. Also i'm pretty clumsy as an opportunist and I'm lost in thought most of the day
    Then going off that, I'd say IEE. I think despite what seems like a carefree go-with-the-flow attitude, you seem pretty serious deep down. Fi kinda way. Sorry I'm not the best at explaining these kinds of things lol.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    Then going off that, I'd say IEE. I think despite what seems like a carefree go-with-the-flow attitude, you seem pretty serious deep down. Fi kinda way. Sorry I'm not the best at explaining these kinds of things lol.
    Very interesting. Yeah I am very serious internally, the carefreeness is mostly for show

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea why but you remind me of this guy (lookswise mostly)

i suspect eyeliner would look good on you, like a lot of EIEs

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Reading this back just little under a year after I wrote it, it feels like I wasnt being real. The scatterbrain act running through it seems put-on, or perhaps it was during the influence of some manic surge. Anyways, this video is a better benchmark of who I am:

https://youtu.be/zitemiq21CU
    EIE-Fe Creative 7w8 748 Sx/So VELF

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor Mkbr View Post
    Reading this back just little under a year after I wrote it, it feels like I wasnt being real. The scatterbrain act running through it seems put-on, or perhaps it was during the influence of some manic surge. Anyways, this video is a better benchmark of who I am:

https://youtu.be/zitemiq21CU
    EIE.

An amazing video. Watching you is like looking at myself in a mirror when I was 25. Except you have Fe where I have Te. I mean, your face looks like mine, your build looks like mine, your wrists look like mine, your general physicality is like mine, your micro-movements look like mine. The major different is that you have human concerns where I have robot concerns. EIE vs LIE. (2D Ni, 3D Se) = (2D Ni, 3D Se).

I mean, if you believe that the functions express themselves not only in actionable preferences but also in physicality, here is some evidence.

Here's a picture of me when I was about 25. https://imgur.com/uUdZto

Incidentally, I was working pretty hard at getting as fucked up as I could the evening that that picture was taken. The table in front of me was covered in beer cans and drugs. Just some minor tuning before going to the concert. No half measures, dude. If you're gonna do it, put it out there.

Here's one of me when I was just walking around. Fe Role for the masses. Lol. https://imgur.com/0Ixi0i7

And just so this post isn't all about me or how well VI works, let me add that your desire for structure dovetails perfectly with the LSI-Ti's desire to impose structure. I know a little bit about that. Structure with genuine caring, that is.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-03-2020 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    EIE.

An amazing video. Watching you is like looking at myself in a mirror when I was 25. Except you have Fe where I have Te. I mean, your face looks like mine, your build looks like mine, your wrists look like mine, your general physicality is like mine, your micro-movements look like mine. The major different is that you have human concerns where I have robot concerns. EIE vs LIE. (2D Ni, 3D Se) = (2D Ni, 3D Se).

I mean, if you believe that the functions express themselves not only in actionable preferences but also in physicality, here is some evidence.

Here's a picture of me when I was about 25. https://imgur.com/uUdZto

Incidentally, I was working pretty hard at getting as fucked up as I could the evening that that picture was taken. The table in front of me was covered in beer cans and drugs. Just some minor tuning before going to the concert. No half measures, dude. If you're gonna do it, put it out there.

Here's one of me when I was just walking around. Fe Role for the masses. Lol. https://imgur.com/0Ixi0i7

And just so this post isn't all about me or how well VI works, let me add that your desire for structure dovetails perfectly with the LSI-Ti's desire to impose structure. I know a little bit about that. Structure with genuine caring, that is.
    Lmao human concerns and robot concerns. That's very interesting, we're both Sx/So as well.
    It isn't all that surprising really, I've seen many people typed as their Business relation type before. ESI and LSI especially can be hard to distinguish, look at people typing Greta Thunberg or Donald Trump (SEE/SLE).

To that last point: Accepting structure from somebody can never happen unless one respects that person truly and one has to give up some personal freedoms of the ego. So you're right, it has to come from a place of caring and one of honor.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully watched your video finally. You match so many EIE stereotypes actually lol, but I think EIE-Ni rather than EIE-Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    I fully watched your video finally. You match so many EIE stereotypes actually lol, but I think EIE-Ni rather than EIE-Fe.
    Are you going off subtype descriptions or use of IMEs? I know that different EIE subtype descriptions are highly confusing and contradictory

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you going off subtype descriptions or use of IMEs? I know that different EIE subtype descriptions are highly confusing and contradictory
    Oh they definitely are contradictory. I'm going by impression really. EIE-Fe's seem less "deep" with all that Ni lol and focus more on people, less philosophising etc Ni things

Oh they definitely are contradictory. I'm going by impression really. EIE-Fe's seem less "deep" with all that Ni lol and focus more on people, less philosophising etc Ni things
    Oh yes I see your point, and in theory the accentuation of an irrational element would fit me. However, when out in the world I have a very relentlessly extroverted focus on people and the dynamics of everyone around me. I love to have intense exchanges of laughter with groups of people and connect with that flow and lose myself in it more than anything else. The sober philosophical side is mostly when I'm by myself.

When it comes to subtypes I follow Gulenko

Fe:
    Description by Victor Gulenko
    Very emotionally excitable, can be sharp. Shows high intensity of emotions. Decisive and artistic. Easily given to ecstasy, high affect, exaltation. Aristocratic in his manners. Frequently a good speaker, or a political leader with patriotic inclinations. Internally dramatic and spontaneous, likes to demonstrate his opinion. Outwardly he can shock people around him by extremes in how he dresses: may looks like a homeless person with soiled sleeves, or, to the contrary, dress very brightly, vividly, or aristocratically extravagantly.
    as opposed to

Ni:
    Predisposed to reflect, to experience internal doubts and oscillations. Thinks figuratively, has an inclination towards philosophy. Not very critical towards external appearances, undemanding in food. Reserved, vulnerable, can seem internally broken. Speaks his opinions unobtrusively. Responsible and punctual. He is a good teacher, mentor, educator, who can interest his listeners. Outwardly seems calm. Consistent in presenting his material.
    The Fe one is me by a mile

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes I see your point, and in theory the accentuation of an irrational element would fit me. However, when out in the world I have a very relentlessly extroverted focus on people and the dynamics of everyone around me. I love to have intense exchanges of laughter with groups of people and connect with that flow and lose myself in it more than anything else. The sober philosophical side is mostly when I'm by myself.
    How are you with this one on one e.g. in a romantic relationship?

How are you one on one e.g. in a romantic relationship?
    More stoic, less animated, less self assured. I much prefer a group setting to a one on one conversation as there is so much more energy to draw from. I have an inherent fascination with audiences and crowds, they give me vitality. If i'm speaking in front of people, I feel an electricity and connection that is absent otherwise. Sometimes I take the bus just to be in a group of people. With one on one, it is difficult for me to keep energy flowing in the same way and my mind runs at a slower pace.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More stoic, less animated, less self assured. I much prefer a group setting to a one on one conversation as there is so much more energy to draw from. I have an inherent fascination with audiences and crowds, they give me vitality. If i'm speaking in front of people, I feel an electricity and connection that is absent otherwise. Sometimes I take the bus just to be in a group of people. With one on one, it is difficult for me to keep energy flowing in the same way and my mind runs at a slower pace.
    Hmm in the romantic relationship do you need the other person to help establish the emotional connection then?

Hmm in the romantic relationship do you need the other person to help establish the emotional connection then?
    Depends on what part of the process you mean by that. I am definitely very hesitant and neurotic about revealing my interest to somebody, it takes a lot out of me to pursue someone. I'm not fully comfortable in that role, however once there is a clear unambiguous sign of mutual interest, my heart spills out very dramatically and intensely. I'm just very doubtful in the beginning and I question my own feelings as much as the other party's feelings to the point that I do nothing.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends on what part of the process you mean by that. I am definitely very hesitant and neurotic about revealing my interest to somebody, it takes a lot out of me to pursue someone. I'm not fully comfortable in that role, however once there is a clear unambiguous sign of mutual interest, my heart spills out very dramatically and intensely. I'm just very doubtful in the beginning and I question my own feelings as much as the other party's feelings to the point that I do nothing.
    This is a very good description of a Victim’s approach to intimacy.

Again, when I was age 25, I was entirely focused on building my career skills and was completely ignoring romantic connections. Out of the blue, an LSI that I worked with called me one Friday and said she had a six-pack of beer and I should meet her in the park at sunset. I thought, “I don’t know who the hell this person is, but she has beer.” So I met her in the park, we drank beer, she showed me her tits, then she looked over my shoulder and said “Hell, that’s my boyfriend” and buttoned up, jumped up, and ran to intercept him and off they went.
    I thought, “That was pretty crazy, and she probably is, too, but the beer was good.”
    A week later she knocked on my apartment door. I let her in, but I still didn’t know who she was (beyond her name) and we talked for an hour before she had to leave. Her GF was waiting in the car all that time. I have come to realize that talking is foreplay to LSI’s.
    She continued to contact me and I continued to be doubtful and cautious, even after we became intimate. I mean, the last thing I need is to be involved with some person who might be crazy or irresponsible. I have plenty of that myself. After about three months, I discovered that I was in love.

She was always sure of her interest (typical of Aggressors) and I never stopped doubting (typical of Victims), even after I was fully locked into her and became, essentially, faithful.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. What kind of interest do you need to be shown, physical mainly, not emotional, or that too?

Maybe this is a strange question but what do you question about your feelings? Whether they are rational, or?

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, when I was age 25, I was entirely focused on building my career skills and was completely ignoring romantic connections. Out of the blue, an LSI that I worked with called me one Friday and said she had a six-pack of beer and I should meet her in the park at sunset. I thought, “I don’t know who the hell this person is, but she has beer.” So I met her in the park, we drank beer, she showed me her tits, then she looked over my shoulder and said “Hell, that’s my boyfriend” and buttoned up, jumped up, and ran to intercept him and off they went.
    I thought, “That was pretty crazy, and she probably is, too, but the beer was good.”
    A week later she knocked on my apartment door. I let her in, but I still didn’t know who she was (beyond her name) and we talked for an hour before she had to leave. Her GF was waiting in the car all that time. I have come to realize that talking is foreplay to LSI’s.
    She continued to contact me and I continued to be doubtful and cautious, even after we became intimate. I mean, the last thing I need is to be involved with some person who might be crazy or irresponsible. I have plenty of that myself. After about three months, I discovered that I was in love.

She was always sure of her interest (typical of Aggressors) and I never stopped doubting (typical of Victims), even after I was fully locked into her and became, essentially, faithful.
    Ha, lol. I never understood those people for whom talking is foreplay.

PS: I think you are LIE just fine. These pics of you put together...yeah you are geeky enough for one

Lol yes that sounds very aggressor, although seems odd for an LSI to be that impulsive, at least in what you describe.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha, lol. I never understood those people for whom talking is foreplay.

PS: I think you are LIE just fine. These pics of you put together...yeah you are geeky enough for one
    Well, that first LSI didn’t need much talking, but the second LSI liked to talk before sex.

For example, the first LSI, when I let her into my apartment and offered her a seat on the couch and told her I could get her a bottle of Coke or beer, told me that if I brought her a beer, she’d give me a blowjob. That was a bit quick for me, so I brought her a Coke.

Really, creative Ni is watching out for crazies. Watching far down the line. When you are a Victim, you want to be very, very sure that you aren’t trapped by the wrong Aggressor.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve lost my fear of being trapped, but I’ve kept my concerns about committing to an unsuitable female. Sex is fine, no problem, but commitment is serious business.
    Sex with LSI’s is just the best. It’s at least 10x better with them than with any other type ( ESI’s possibly excepted). But great sex is only part of what I want in a life companion.

I see. What kind of interest do you need to be shown, physical mainly, not emotional, or that too?

Maybe this is a strange question but what do you question about your feelings? Whether they are rational, or?
    I need both physical and emotional. Physical grounds me from my thoughts very strongly and leaves things very unambiguous. I like people to be straightforward with me, whether emotional and verbal or physically.
    I question whether I feel something for someone, I question whether the other person will stay interested. I'm worried about if I have the right to pursue them, or if I should keep out of their business. It feels like it never stops, though it gets easier if the other party is clear about it. The more I know I feel for someone, the harder it is to approach them or flirt (outside of a relationship).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I need both physical and emotional. Physical grounds me from my thoughts very strongly and leaves things very unambiguous. I like people to be straightforward with me, whether emotional and verbal or physically.
    I question whether I feel something for someone, I question whether the other person will stay interested. I'm worried about if I have the right to pursue them, or if I should keep out of their business. It feels like it never stops, though it gets easier if the other party is clear about it. The more I know I feel for someone, the harder it is to approach them or flirt (outside of a relationship).
    All this is the same for me.

Holy shit, man. "I'm worried about if I have the right to pursue them, or if I should keep out of their business." is something that I've never told anyone, but is something that I think about every day.

I'm in limerance with an ESI woman in her late-twenties. I like her. She's fucking perfect, but I can't say anything or make a move because of the above. What right do I have to intrude in her life?

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I resonate a lot with you on the creative subtype. So I could buy EIE. The vascillation and limerance towards people is something that really hits home.
    Yep, its not limited to romantic interests either.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. As a beta ST aggressor, I'm sure of my physical interest, but not my emotional interest at all. I'm easily able to initiate yeah but emotionally it's hard just like for you, the more I feel the harder for me to emotionally initiate.... So I only initiate physically in those cases, and I only do superficial "emotional" initiating if my interest emotionally is still light enough. Even then only bc I get impatient with waiting for the other person, lol. And it's still focused on action more, i.e. asking them out, etc... When it was a case where I felt too much I really shut down emotionally and just talked in very "logical terms" when initiating. I was only sure of what actions I wanted to take and spoke of that/acted based on that but I was not sure of the rest, I'd have needed an emotional signal from the other person before I could do anything in that area. Anyway that's me, I don't know how other beta STs are with the emotional side....but I can't imagine LSIs are any better at this lol, I especially don't imagine LSI-Ti that way. I imagine SLE-Se is the most decent with this of all beta STs

Lol yes that sounds very aggressor, although seems odd for an LSI to be that impulsive, at least in what you describe.
    LSI-Ti definitely isn't impulsive. They have too many Ne PoLR concerns for that lol.
    Last edited by grumpyvic81; 10-03-2020 at 06:34 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I hate to admit it but I am like that with pretty much anyone I am close to. Despite all the chaos in my mind, I always know exactly what I want and how things are going to play out in the end on a gut level. Just the all nuances can make me perpetually doubt.
    Like what kind of nuances?

Are you open to others about how you see it playing out in the end?

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Tis can be quite impulsive if they are trying to prove something to themselves and others. They can go overboard. Also, Ne POLR paranoia can lead them to do some pretty insane illogical shit. The right type of EIE is supposed to help them understand social/emotional dynamics in a clear-cut way.
    Ah ok, I only wrote that based on the couple LSI-Ti's Ive known & type descs. The ones I know are not too insane lol I think so that maybe counts too.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

4. What am I really scared of?
    Death, eternity, stagnation, repetition, being stuck in a loop, the skin on top of hot chocolate ��
    I believe I already gave some suggestions for self typing in another thread for you awhile back so no need to repost the same things. Anyway I think you are fairly settled on EIE if I am not confusing you for someone else.

I do want to comment on the bold parts.

I have talked to many people about death over the years as it is a subtheme of my life. These are the most common reasons for the fear of death and/or eternity in modern times from my observations.

1. Religious guilt imposed by others during our developmental years. I have found this to be true even in people who have not been directly exposed to any religion in their families since this religious guilt is mostly ancestral and has wormed its way into the collective consciousness so it is imposed in more subtle ways by some. I personally got the sledgehammer approach of religious guilt as a child, by an ESI, which I rejected since it went against my internal truth.

2. Some people project their current circumstances and self image into eternity so if there is any depression, fear or doubt in the present they can't perceive a death and eternity that is nothing like a human lifetime. Sometimes I remind people that they are projecting their physical form into a non-physical existence that is probably nothing like they are imagining. Imagination funny enough is the key to getting past the fear. Imagining a future you that is different than what you see yourself as right now. Energy can neither be created or destroyed so you will only change form. I believe fear of death at its core is the fear is of the unknown.

3. A fear that there isn't enough time to do everything they want to do. This is a form of projecting into the future too but seems a bit like weak N when this is the cause. Edit: Not always weak N since other issues can make it feel like there is a time crunch I guess.

The idea of hell for some people who fear death is stagnation, repetition, being stuck in a loop. It kind of was for me anyway, just for a little while when I was depressed. We have a survival instinct for a good reason and some people need a healthy dose of fear to reinforce it. I just feel happier now that I no longer have the fear of death looming over me all the time. I am definitely not ready to die though.

I have noticed something interesting is those who no longer fear death and are dying. Their survival instinct basically gives way to something else. It is awe inspiring to witness.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I believe I already gave some suggestions for self typing in another thread for you awhile back so no need to repost the same things. Anyway I think you are fairly settled on EIE if I am not confusing you for someone else.
    Well this is an old thread that someone dug up, I know my type by now.

As for the topic of death, it is probably my pet subject. My great obsession. If I was a superhero or supervillain, it would be the one idea that would be my torture for the duration of the movie. The inevitability that each and every one of us is absolutely being pushed into the great unknown, and nobody is excempt, rich or poor, thief or prime minister. Despite every single distraction, every vacation, every social get together and the sense of meaning they provide, it is all going to culminate in a final period at the end of the sentence. The memory of the smile of your lover will simply wash away with you, all the movies you watched, every piece of culture and song thay was important is temporary info.

But i'm preaching to the choir here, you know this already and have probably thought those things as many times as I, or more.
    To comment on your points in the spoiler, I would probably fall in the second category, if any of them. However, I do not act so arrogantly that I think myself wise on the nature of non-existence. It is beyond knowledge, it is not part of existence. We are part of existence, and we can only know of other parts of existence. We know however, that that is precisely the destination of everything, and the struggle to confront the lack of sense in the matter is precisely what is terrifying. A lack of answer, and the knowledge that there will never be an answer, yet knowing that you will be thrust into it. The mind cannot process it, and it triggers panic. We were never meant to be intelligent enough to ponder such information in the first place, but now here we are. And we have to deal with it.

I am not a nihilist or even an absurdist in the face of this though. I am convinced of the search of meaning. This shall all mean something, because the human spirit does not give up on the world it was born into. We feel the yearning for meaning, so something out there has to be able to fill that yearning. Something is never created without its dual component. Every lock has a key, all poison has an antidote and all physical processes have an opposite reaction. The lack of meaning and the yearning is calling out for the lost twin. It is out there and it is up to us to find it. Death does therefore not render existence meaningnless

but I still shit myself thinking about it. jfc

I see. As a beta ST aggressor, I'm sure of my physical interest, but not my emotional interest at all. I'm easily able to initiate yeah but emotionally it's hard just like for you, the more I feel the harder for me to emotionally initiate.... So I only initiate physically in those cases, and I only do superficial "emotional" initiating if my interest emotionally is still light enough. Even then only bc I get impatient with waiting for the other person, lol. And it's still focused on action more, i.e. asking them out, etc... When it was a case where I felt too much I really shut down emotionally and just talked in very "logical terms" when initiating. I was only sure of what actions I wanted to take and spoke of that/acted based on that but I was not sure of the rest, I'd have needed an emotional signal from the other person before I could do anything in that area. Anyway that's me, I don't know how other beta STs are with the emotional side....but I can't imagine LSIs are any better at this lol, I especially don't imagine LSI-Ti that way. I imagine SLE-Se is the most decent with this of all beta STs
    No I definitely do not think it's easy for LSIs to initiate emotionally. To provide the other side to your point there, when someone is physically initiating with me, showing their hand in that way, it becomes safe in my mind to express my feelings. Fi ignoring can be a bitch sometimes so i'm not always sure. I will be expressing my excitement and enthusiasm of being around that person for certain, though. That comes quite naturally

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I definitely do not think it's easy for LSIs to initiate emotionally. To provide the other side to your point there, when someone is physically initiating with me, showing their hand in that way, it becomes safe in my mind to express my feelings. Fi ignoring can be a bitch sometimes so i'm not always sure. I will be expressing my excitement and enthusiasm of being around that person for certain, though. That comes quite naturally
    I see. Btw I noticed you said that you are more emotionally expressive in groups... I read that EIE is more emotional when they can be themselves with the other person in private. I also read that IEIs are more emotional at home. Does that fit you at all under any circumstances? There's a beta NF in the family and I'm not sure if they are EIE or IEI, I suspected EIE-Fe but I could be wrong... what he does is he's almost got social anxiety in public until he gets comfortable with the people and then he gets to emote a lot more openly and like gets uncontrollably emotional almost, but in groups he takes time to get there, if he can get comfortable at all.

I see. Btw I noticed you said that you are more emotionally expressive in groups... I read that EIE is more emotional when they can be themselves with the other person in private. I also read that IEIs are more emotional at home. Does that fit you at all under any circumstances? There's a beta NF in the family and I'm not sure if they are EIE or IEI, I suspected EIE-Fe but I could be wrong... what he does is he's almost got social anxiety in public until he gets comfortable with the people and then he gets to emote a lot more openly and like gets uncontrollably emotional almost, but in groups he takes time to get there, if he can get comfortable at all.
    I had very strong social anxiety until my mid-late teens and worked on it for years. These days it's very faint, but i'm still cautious on some level in new environments. In general, I have found strategies and mental pathways that have allowed me to be expressive most places. Actually it's funny that you mention home, because that's the place I feel more inhibited. I think it's to do with my family knowing me before I escaped my shell, I can't be the same person at home with them as out in the world. When i'm not at home, I feel like I can put on the mask that is me. Or maybe taking it off is a better way to put it

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had very strong social anxiety until my mid-late teens and worked on it for years. These days it's very faint, but i'm still cautious on some level in new environments. In general, I have found strategies and mental pathways that have allowed me to be expressive most places. Actually it's funny that you mention home, because that's the place I feel more inhibited. I think it's to do with my family knowing me before I escaped my shell, I can't be the same person at home with them as out in the world. When i'm not at home, I feel like I can put on the mask that is me. Or maybe taking it off is a better way to put it
    Wow, what mental pathways are there allowing you to be expressive like that?

Sounds like cool Ni btw

Wow, what mental pathways are there allowing you to be expressive like that?

Sounds like cool Ni btw
    Trade secret
    A lot of it is to do with entering mental roles to act out and narrativizing the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast