Thread: How can the foundations of Socionics be tested?

TIM
    IEE- ENFp 9w1 soc/sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How can the foundations of Socionics be tested?

People always talk about Socionics becoming a science but before that even happens, the actual foundations of socionics must be tested

Aushra borrowed from many people:
    Jung- 16 types, the functions
    Freud- the idea of the ego, superego, id
    Kepinski- the theory of information metabolism

All of these people she’s taken from have theories that are not falsifiable as is.

Most people don’t know this but Aushra doesn’t even claim that Socionics is neurological. Functions aren’t “metabolized” in the brain , but in the BODY through “meridians” aka energy channels.
    By Aushra your vulnerable function shows not only your psychological weak point but it’s connected to health problems of that meridian

The original descriptions of the functions are also inherently metaphysical “space” “potential energy” “kinetic energy” , it’s very woo

My question is, how can anything that came after it’s problematic foundations every be empirical or scientific ?

Table 1.
    A dimension Name of the quality of the human psyche or the element of IM, through which people receive information about this aspect of the world Aspect of the world and a symbol of the corresponding element
    Potential energy Extravert intuition I
    The transformation of potential into kinetic Extravert ethics E
    Kinetic energy Extravert sensory F
    Using the kinetic energy Extravert logic P
    Space Introverted sensing S
    Time Introverted Intuition T
    The relationships Introverted logic L
    Attraction-repulsion Introverted Ethics R

Dualized psyche affects on human health, because every element of them not only reflects certain aspects of objective reality, but also controls the body. For each element of the IM are certain meridians and manages system. Systems that are behind the most advanced, leading elements of the IM, the least vulnerable to the disease. First of all get sick of those who are leading a co-player.

According to our hypotheses, the elements are aligned with the meridians of IM as follows:
    - Posterior median meridian;
    - The meridians of the stomach and pancreas;
    - The meridians of the bladder and kidneys;
    - The meridians of the gallbladder and liver;
    - The front middle meridian;
    - The meridian of the heart and small intestine;
    - Pericardium meridian and three parts of the body;
    - The meridians of the lungs and colon.

Our observations confirm this hypothesis. For example, the logical extraverts and indeed often suffer from heart, and ethical extroverts - the kidneys, and intuitive extravert - stomach, pancreas, liver.

source of quotes:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gustinaviciute

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's very woo~

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the functions correspond to areas of the brain, and also to certain body parts. I've made threads about this on the viewpoints section.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brothamanben View Post
    The relationships Introverted logic L
    Attraction-repulsion Introverted Ethics R

What's the difference?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    What's the difference?
    [/COLOR]
    "The relationships" = external relations, like the classification of people based on height, weight, race, etc.

"Attraction-repulsion" = internal relations, like comparing the strength of a father-son relationship vs. a relationship with a random stranger.

TIM
    IEE- ENFp 9w1 soc/sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The body health cxns meh, no. But I like Table 1. And I like the aspect definitions as well - "internal statics of objects" etc which are an expansion on that Table. The external aspects have been tested and measured in people in mainstream psychology studies btw - they end up showing that model A is garbage (not purposely since socionics is never even mentioned - that's just the conclusion you can draw from the results) but also demonstrate an either/or quality to the use of the introvert and extrovert aspects.
    What do they show that debunks model A?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To proof complementation function effects and types existence is enough a testing where people will sort types examples according to IR theory with the probability higher than accidental.
    Also types of people in pairs mb identified hidenly and then to look how often those pairs break and how happy people are there after years. To proof the same on closer to practice experiment.

Would be good, but there is no need to proof any word. It should just work _as whole_ theory on practice with some use. And to check this is not hard. Then can be checked any "words" inside the theory, to rise the overal efficiency of the practical usage and mb to do wider applications.

All those meridians are not a part of the Socionics and are doubtful to be used to proof.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics can't be tested, because it's a classification system. And you can't exactly test classifications.

So the question often becomes, "How do we know that this whole thing is real, and not just our crazy imagination?".

Classfication depends on the systematic logic behind the classification. So the Socionics' classification is based on the Jung's idea that observed behaviors of people are separated into T-F, S-N, I-E axis, and how that creates a total of 8 functions and 16 types.

Well fine, but that's a rather arbitrary distinction. Personally, I don't think that T-F, and I-E are actual distinctions. There's no real separation between "thinking" and "feeling", and "subjective" and "objective", and they're not contradictory.

So the point isn't really "How do we know that our observations are real?", but rather, "What rational sense does the logic behind the classification makes sense?". For instance, you have the position of the electrons inside of an atom that would make the classification of the elements in the Periodic Table possible. That is the most rational explanation that we have so far of why the Periodic Table is classified the way that it is.

Is the Periodic Table objective? Well... yes, because they're referring to actual physical positions of the electrons that actually exist in the physical world (at least, we think that they do). But they're also a convenient systematization made for human beings to easily distinguish things.

In the end, it is simply possible for a human being to have all F, T, S, N, and then some more, because we are universal-thinkers, not subjective-thinkers, objective-thinkers, abstract-thinkers or concrete-thinkers. We are in fact all of them. That has basically proven by the Turing principle.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Huh, Augusta wrote that chart? Was Augusta Te/Fi valuing because her Te/Fi/Ne descriptions are quite good objectively speaking, but her Fe/Si description is awful. Si is space lmao- how moronic and thoughtless. That says nothing really. Her Ni description is also mediocre as fuck. She nailed Ne, Te and Fi, but seemed confused on other stuff.

She has that gamma stern face so was she ESI or something. And has a Fi valuing constipated face. I don't think she was Si valuing much at all... she probably understands Ne well though if it's her PolR and she's an introverted type.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    That strong Te/Se means much weaker Ti/Si and strong Ti/Si means much weaker Te/Se so the creative really can't be all that strong of a fxn in practical use, at best you could have mediocre creative and mediocre lead, neither one actually strong. This is because object-processing and spatial-processing (objects vs fields or extroverted vs introverted elements) operate along different pathways with an effect of increasing one decreases the other.
    encouraging for model G

TIM
    all of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

model A is useless for empirical verification. very woo indeed. intertype relations, however, are stated in the form of a well testable hypothesis.

to test the parts of socionics that are worth a damn (i.e. non-speculative), the intertype relations should be tested under a consistent, non-subjective, repeatable typing method.
    forsitan mea potentia increvit nimis

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you can't confirm the model A how can you confirm its subsequent theories? blah

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think my left pinky toe possesses 9th IME.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, one should ask oneself is Socionics is to be understood as a theory in the sense of a hypothesis, or a system in the sense of Ideal Types.

At the current stage of knowledge, both in Socionics itself as well as mainstream behavioral, social and neurological sciences, there is not enough knowledge available yet to test Socionics in a Positivist way as an hypothesis. But Socionics can be used as a theory of Ideal Types and applied in an anti-positivist way, and as such can be very fruitfully applied IMHO, especially if one is more experienced and one is capable of embedding Socionics in a larger framework of understanding behavioral and social sciences. Embedding Socionics in this larger framework allows one to falsify insights (thus not so much the theory itself) to some extent.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 10-06-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    She has that gamma stern face so was she ESI or something. And has a Fi valuing constipated face. I don't think she was Si valuing much at all... she probably understands Ne well though if it's her PolR and she's an introverted type.
    Unfortunately I can find only one photo of a younger Augusta, which is taken from the side which makes typing more difficult, but I do think that photo has enough clues to point towards a Gamma introvert indeed.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking