Thread: If you could change your type, would you?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you could change your type, would you?

To what?

Or, if you could experience being another type for a week, which one?

Enneagram type/stacks welcome also.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI. I'd probably be more financially capable and SEE dudes are hot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

if I'd was in a marriage then mb on duality type

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh Ne you rascal. Well see, I am stuck with myself and I might as well learn to love me no matter how fucked up I am but ... just for pretend, it would be interesting to be an ethical feeler-y type that fit in with the real world a bit better and wasn't such a Beta weirdo circus freak show that I am currently. So maybe a IEE or ESE or SEI.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If at all then I'd change my type to LIE... because I lack a proper business attitude and I'm quite careless about financial matters.
    I don't have the desire to be a sensing type, however.

I lack sense of duty in matters that are out of my interest.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nonintuitive Illogical Ambivert.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Nonintuitive Illogical Ambivert.
    SEE-Fi
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had access to better statistics and validation of the theory. I would choose the type which was most likely to have positive intertype relations given what I believe that my long term social position will be.

If I were just dicking around for a week instead of planning long term, I guess I'd try being a 7w8 so/sx lead Fe type since they're the most different from me. I'd probably learn the most that way, although it could be uncomfortable if I made friends during that week then reverted.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, definitely. Probably to an ILE-Ti, since they're the smartest of all 32 and since they need other people the least and since they get the most enjoyment out of life of all 32 and since they make the fewest mistakes of all 32 and since they appear feminine; the thing that's so amazing is that Ti-valuing types don't need relationships and they can figure out how to use devices/technology/machines that they've never used before on their own. And Fe/Ti types aren't as prone to schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, and bipolar disorder, they don't suffer from mood disorders like Te/Fi types can. And Fe/Ti types can make more money than Te/Fi types can, there is much more of a limit to what Te/Fi types can make. Fe/Ti types have it so much easier than Te-base inert subtypes. But there are many other (sub)types I'd rather be than what I am.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-26-2019 at 07:33 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tempted at times that I wish I just valued my super-ego, but I like being me or at least I try to like being me. I think people should try to find peace with who they are.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE-1, I would want to see how I handle things better, differently or even worse. Some of the best advice I've got (but also some of the worst) was from Te-doms, especially LSEs.
    Runner up is SLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Socionics type, but I would like to be more extraverted and slightly less neurotic in my temperament.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seriously to be ordinary would highly nonordinary for me. I could try that. Someone who can be present as I'm opposite of that. Just for few days. Sounds like Ip.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Yes, definitely. Probably to an ILE-Ti, since they're the smartest of all 32 and since they need other people the least and since they get the most enjoyment out of life of all 32 and since they make the fewest mistakes of all 32 and since they appear feminine;
    I’d also probably choose to be ILE for a week, but dude. This is stupid. Firstly, even if a type is “smarter” on average (whatever this means), this isn’t absolute; certainly not all ILEs are intelligent. I’ve known a couple of ILE idiots. And they certainly make plenty of mistakes. ILEs might be better at covering them up, I’ll grant; they’re egotistical and have enough Fe to bullshit away their blunders.

As for appearing feminine...Uh, well, they generally aren’t paragons of rugged masculinity, but there are plenty of other types that are more classically feminine.

the thing that's so amazing is that Ti-valuing types don't need relationships
    Lol.

and they can figure out how to use devices/technology/machines that they've never used before on their own.
    Because Ti grants magical knowledge of how to use devices specifically designed to be as easy as possible to use.

And Fe/Ti types aren't as prone to schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, and bipolar disorder, they don't suffer from mood disorders like Te/Fi types can.
    ??????? Where did you get this idea?!

And Fe/Ti types can make more money than Te/Fi types can, there is much more of a limit to what Te/Fi types can make.
    ILEs (and LIIs) are particularly inclined toward not working. Some ILEs are fortunate do work in a field they enjoy and can do very well in it; otherwise they aren’t very likely to pursue money for its own sake, and try to work particularly little. They typically have pet hobbies and interests that command more of their attention. Compare with LIEs and to a lesser extent LSEs, who make up a disproportionate number of businessmen/CEO-type figures.

Fe/Ti types have it so much easier than Te-base inert subtypes. But there are many other (sub)types I'd rather be than what I am.
    Fe/Ti just has different problems. Since you seem to ascribe all this difference to Ti and Fe rather than Ne/Si (odd, since you’re saying this about a Ne-base type), I’m telling you as a Ti-base that this is bizarre.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Because Ti grants magical knowledge of how to use devices specifically designed to be as easy as possible to use.
    I would say this: lots of people have no clue how to understand inner workings without some sort of extensive education. I have been in places where room full MA's and MSc's were learning to how to push a button and very attentively so. Or how to operate with pH sensor's controls. It seemed like they were learning it from step by step -wise while I was trying to figure out if could plug in SBC to communicate with a database or at least to export the results. It was like panic would hit the room if let's say a minor change in interface names would change the order in the menu.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to push a button? Se stuff

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    LSE-1, I would want to see how I handle things better, differently or even worse.
    Mirrors are very close types. In case you'd had SLI, the main difference would be in dichotomies related. You'd dealed with most "things" with similar efficiency by slightly different approaches.

> Some of the best advice I've got (but also some of the worst) was from Te-doms, especially LSEs.

This depends on the region of the advices - are those fit to ego functions. Also personal experience, education, etc.
    LSE as types are strong with what they dealed personally. They tend to gather a lot of data about what was interesting and to find the best ways to use it by personal experience. Though it mb narrow questions and become outdated info after a time.

You may also to have SEI type, as I said in the past. It's common to be interested in opinions of revisors. I like to hear what ILI may tell. LSE, SLE - it's all not far from SLI what you assigne to yourself. It's not common for people to feel the lack of skills related to their strong functions when compare themselves with other types.

TIM
    IEI-Ti FLVE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE seems the most desirable under capitalism.

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi, or ESI-Se. This is easy to answer.