TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Hello lovelies!

Introduction:
    Hi there my name is Fate and I'm 18 years old! I'm quite new to typology as I only really got into it this year thanks to my friend DJ! I have however always been really interested in the concept of typology itself, such as how personalities work and are formed. I am already familiar with Myers Briggs, the enneagram, as well as socionics and VI. I can't wait to look through these forums and learn new things!

Type:

MBTI: ISFJ
    SOCIONICS: SEI-Fe
    ENNEAGRAM: Good Samaritan - (296) - 2w1 - sp/so
    DCNH: Normalizing

About Me:
    I am a very empathetic person and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes me very sensitive to the moods of people, and I treat them the way they want to be treated. I am a very people-oriented person and am highly attuned to the emotional environment immediately surrounding me. I am skilled at loosening up the atmosphere and often seek to actively contribute to the overall sense of group harmony and familiarity. Yet I also make sure each individual’s needs are met. If there is ever anyone going through a hard time or not feeling well, I try my best to always extend an arm out and let them know that I am there for them and will support them. It's hard for me to feel happy if those around me are not.

With saying that, my desire to help everyone and everything is very strong. I have patience and a constant readiness to care for others because my love for people and animals practically knows no boundaries. I am a very quick learner who is always eager to learn new things and acquire new skills. I am very passionate about animals, and I would love to have more opportunities to spend time with them and learn more about them. I also adore working with children. I want to help them grow and learn, as child development is very important to me.

In very hostile or virulent situations, I tend to seek to play the role of peacemaker in order to restore the mood to a sense of joviality or calmness. I always consider the best interests of everyone. I'm a very organized person, I love to make lists and create schedules (even though I might not always follow through with them lol). I am a huge procrastinator but always manage to get things done on time without having it affect the quality of the work!

Extra:

• I am an environmentalist! I love nature and if it were up to me I would genuinely spend my time outside (despite being a major homebody lol)
    • I am a huge dreamer, I'm constantly daydreaming about my future and things in my life, I love sleeping because I could literally get lost in my imagination if I wanted to.
    • I am studying Child Development/ECE (Early Childhood Education) and will hopefully be a preschool teacher one day!
    • I also wanted to be a vet/animal rehabilitator but I would feel too sad seeing all those sick animals :(
    • My biggest goal in life is to become a mom, and start my own family! Funny enough I’m known as the “mom friend” in alot of my friend groups
    • Some of my hobbies include; journaling/writing, gardening, cooking/baking, and photography
    • Things I love; the rain, being inside (like I mentioned before, I'm a homebody), sleep, and last but not least: spending time with my loved ones (family, friends, pets)

So sorry for the long introduction I'm sorta new to this thing and wasn't sure what to put down ahah I'm looking forward to being on here! If you ever want to ask me something feel free too! Hope you all have a good day!
    Last edited by angelic; 09-26-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISFJ is ESI

welcome to typing section
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFJ in MBTI is Si-Fe, which is ~SEI in Socionics. Nothing weird here.

Welcome.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ISFJ is ESI

welcome to typing section
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450
    I am going to fill out the questionnaire so see what people would type me, thank you for the welcome!

ᶠᵃᵗᵉ

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post

Welcome.
    Thank you for the input and the welcome!
    Last edited by angelic; 09-26-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    ᶠᵃᵗᵉ

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forums!

I don't think an ESI would have described yourself as you did, fwtw.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome.
    No it's not. Because mbti doesnt understand what Si is.

No need to convert anything. Correct socionics type is enough
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I don't think an ESI would have described yourself as you did, fwtw.
    yeah i don't think im a gamma
    ᶠᵃᵗᵉ

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angelic View Post
    yeah i don't think im a gamma
    yeah your intro have lots of Fe to be ignoring so it's hard too believe you'd be ESI

btw you said you're new to typology so how sure are you of your self-typing?

and welcome and hope you enjoy your stay

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISFJ in MBTI is Si-Fe
    Theory. ISFJ means 4 dichotomies _which exist in Socionics too_, describe ESI type and only it.
    Practice. As MBTI followers use dichotomies as main typing way (but not direct identification of the functions) there is no basis to make a change in the dichotomies.
    The situation with theory in MBTI texts. MBTI followers use a mistake that ISFJ has Si-Fe functions what is _against Jung texts_ and reality. It's nonsense to claim that judging type has perceiving function as dominating.
    Also Jung called rational types as judging and irrational as perceiving, while MBTI followers claim they follow to Jung. Socionics has direct terms as rational types, besides direct description of those dichotomies which are _identical_ to MBTI texts.

To say that ISFJ is SEI (and alike convertion) in Socionics is wrong. Some people said a nonsense about this convertion and noobs continue to repeat them, ignoring any logics and showing theoretical incompetence.

Resume. MBTI and Socionics are compatible in theory and practice on dichotomies level. Types said in MBTI describe _only dichotomies_ which are the same as in Socionics! While the mistake with functions in MBTI texts is reduced in practice as they mainly type by dichotomies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    mbti doesnt understand what Si is
    Their texts have no good expanded functions descriptions. They tried to copy Jung's book where is the similar mess. But they have the same _core terms_ for functions. It's same typology. Just with a single principle mistake in a theory part which they do not use much in practice. They type mostly by dichotomies which are correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it depends on the "school" of MBTI. You have people who base their MBTIs on dichotomies (pretty rare nowadays), you have people who base it on functions (it's a norm). I'm way more inclined to agree with Tallmo (that Si is defined differently in MBTI and thus ISFJ is not necessarily a SEI; two different, yet similar systems), as you should update your knowledge on how people IRL type themselves in MBTI (it's the functions, really). This is not "a mistake", it's a different school of typing, parallel to "typing by the letters" (which is really not fashionable nowadays) or socionics.

And stop calling everyone noobs, ignorants or incompetent; this is not a logical argument, but rather a useless play about authority and emotions. And if - if - we talk about emotions, I don't think the OP wants that in her thread, given that she is probably a SEI and that she was typing herself as Si-Fe in MBTI.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    yeah your intro have lots of Fe to be ignoring so it's hard too believe you'd be ESI

btw you said you're new to typology so how sure are you of your self-typing?

and welcome and hope you enjoy your stay
    I have been learning socionics for a few months now and i've gotten familiar with the quadras enough to get a general understanding of them, (ofc i am still learning more and more)! I feel like I am either in alpha/delta rather than gamma/beta. But of course I won't rule it out completely
    I filled out a questionnaire eariler so people I can see what people in the community would type me as since I am still learning things, I would love to hear what you think https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...33#post1356133
    And thank you for the sweet welcome I appreciate it ^^
    ᶠᵃᵗᵉ

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it depends on the "school" of MBTI. You have people who base their MBTIs on dichotomies (pretty rare nowadays), you have people who base it on functions (it's a norm). I'm way more inclined to agree with Tallmo (that Si is defined differently in MBTI and thus ISFJ is not necessarily a SEI; two different, yet similar systems), as you should update your knowledge on how people IRL type themselves in MBTI (it's the functions, really). This is not "a mistake", it's a different school of typing, parallel to "typing by the letters" (which is really not fashionable nowadays) or socionics.
    Socionics is a more accurate "version" of MBTI. You don't need MBTI anymore when you have Socionics. MBTI has read Jung but they didn't understand him. Because Socionics has discovered the intertype relationships they have so much more information and are able to understand the functions correctly.

Of course MBTI comes close enough so people can see that the types are real irl. Still, you need Socionics to get the full picture.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)