Thread: Some types/subtypes more prone to bipolar disorder than others, or at least they experience moods differently

Threaded View

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some types/subtypes more prone to bipolar disorder than others, or at least they experience moods differently

It seems to me like people who become manic can only be Te/Fi valuing types. Basically, people whose moods can't be changed by an external situation are Te/Fi valuing types while Fe/Ti valuing types' moods can be changed by what's going on around them and so they can't actually be bipolar. Plus if you are Ti-valuing type, it means you won't have incoherent speech, if I'm not mistaken. For example, John Hinckley Jr. was an EIE-Ni and was never incoherent and his depression could be reduced by art and listening to the lyrics in music. Medication might not have actually had any effect on him; it might have just been prescribed due to caution by the psychiatrists.

I'm an LSE-Te (I hate being a strong Te subtype; I think I have pretty weak Si and strong Fi I guess since I'm so moralistic and have always had very strong likes and dislikes) and ever since I was little I have had high emotional reactivity, been a daydreamer/lived in my head/visually unaware of what was going on around me frequently, and my moods are based on ideas in my head and facts and even when I watch an enjoyable video, a random thought (or a stream of uncontrollable thoughts) will form in my head and it will end the enjoyment of the video.

Yet I've searched the internet for ILE-Ti and ENTP and bipolar and ILE-Ti never have bipolar disorder (I know of so many and none of them have bipolar disorder, when they get loud and excited it's due to external events, sensations, or if trying to create an Fe-atmosphere). They don't have random thoughts that just pop into their heads; their moods are controlled by sensations (pleasant sensations like going into nature can reduce their depression but I'm not as lucky since my Si is weaker than most ILE-Ti's Si and seeing certain flowers can make them happy) and jokes (watching a video they find funny or being in a very Fe-dominated atmosphere can get them out of a depressed state but I'm not as lucky since I'm not an Fe-valuing type; they're able to hyperfocus on visual aspects of reality, objects, people but I am not).

and I see fewer MBTI ENFJs mentioning they have bipolar on the internet than MBTI ENTJs and MBTI ENFPs and MBTI INTJs. I also know of so many EIEs personally and none of them have bipolar disorder and many tend to look down on people who do have it. EIEs are actually much calmer, more constricted in affect (everyone I know of who is an EIE is far more constricted in affect, they smile less, they're quieter, their tone of voice is more even, they yell less, than everyone I know of who is an LIE; also, watch videos of EIE Steve Jobs and LIE Ben Shapiro; Steve Jobs' affect is very constricted while Ben Shapiro is very animated even when he's just talking by himself), less emotionally expressive than LIEs in my experience. And when EIEs laugh they do it in response to external stimuli such as someone else joking and they feed off the emotional atmosphere, but LIEs uncontrollably laugh; LIEs have weaker nerves, they are more reflexive, they have less fine motor control than EIEs.

What are your thoughts on this post?
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-25-2019 at 03:48 AM.