Thread: question for the Si-experts out here

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question for the Si-experts out here

Allright, I have been diagnosed with Costochondritis a few years ago. I was told by my doctor that the cause is unknown, and therefore there is no known cure or treatment either, save using pain relievers such as ibuprofen to deal with the symptoms. Basically I had to learn to live with it.

A few months ago the situation got so bad I was feeling massive pressure on my chest, which after extensive examination did not point in the direction of something else such as problems with my heart. My doctor recommended higher doses of ani-inflamatory pain relievers, but this didn't help much either.

I decided to investigate this costochondritis thing on the internet (which I hadn't done before because I had basically learned to live with it), when I stumbled on a video of a physiotherapist in New Zealand that claimed that in the medical practice over there it is understood what causes costochondritis and what can be done about it (for those interested: the rib hinges at the back are jammed, so the ones at the front work harder to compensate, get irritated, then inflamed). To solve it, just stretch the spine, for which he designed a little device called a backpod.

I bought this backpod and within a week my costochondritis was, for all intents and purposes, completely gone. But I also experienced some unanticipated side effects: first of all I can breathe more easily and more relaxed than I can remember, it is like I've been blocked for all my life. Secondly, as I grew older, I also got more and more hypomobile, I never was anything athletic, but now I can put my socks and shoes on more easily, and can bend over deeper than was recently possible. And last but not least, I experience less psychological stress: when I experience psychological discomfort, this tends to translate into my muscles and bones in my back getting tensed up to the point that I get stuck in a vicious circle: because I'm tense I feel psychologically unwell, because I'm psychologically unwell I get tensed up (which I then try to resolve using a psychological approach). This backpod thing does, of course, not solve any psychological stress, but it certainly helps breaking the cycle and find my way upwards again! I only realize this now, after all of these years. It seems I've been pretty ignorant of my physical status all of these years and took the state of my body as a natural fact.

So my question to the Si experts here would be: would the experiences described above be typical for someone with Si suggestive?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting used to the side-effects of a condition... Si? if anything it seems Si ignoring, but I think it's just NTR and you can guilt your doctor for it.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad you're better tho : >

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    getting used to the side-effects of a condition... Si? if anything it seems Si ignoring, but I think it's just NTR and you can guilt your doctor for it.
    I'd guess Si-ignoring would be bearing the pain, knowing on some level it's there, but not considering it important unless it interferes with Se matters. Si in the superid seems like it would more typically present itself like this, IME -- having trouble recognizing that you are in pain or how to handle it.

I can relate to this post somewhat myself. It took me a while when I was a kid to realize I had nearly constant headaches.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, some days ago I washed my face to sleep and something got stuck in my eye and i couldnt get it out, went to sleep hoping it would pass. next day it bothered me so much that I got a headache out of that, went to buy eye drops, didn't work. now I got used to this annoying piece of shit in my eye and seriously if someone knows how to remove it, contact me. but it doesn't bother me so much anymore, lol

ntr.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It seems I've been pretty ignorant of my physical status all of these years and took the state of my body as a natural fact.

So my question to the Si experts here would be: would the experiences described above be typical for someone with Si suggestive?
    to ignore problems for long is more about weak nonvalued functions
    also F types may lesser want to search an info seriously to solve something
    suggestive Si types tend to whine about problems to anyone close they'd gathered advices and recommendations. and mb made own search for better solutions eariler than after many years

if you live so from the childhood - mb you just adopted and so did nothing. in other case - the above

good you've found a way how to reduce your symptoms. medics may ignore some methods because those were not approved, have lesser priority of the choice, they did not studed them
    similarly as we here talk about importance of Jung types and those are known for 100 years already and IR theory for 50 years. but most of today psychologists will say you nothing about Jung types or IR, alike there are no them. while in many cases this could to help, for example, to explain why some people are harder for you

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Si-types seem to get distracted and often derailed by even the slightest indication of personal ill-health, which contrasts with their ability to put up with great discomfort and pain when they know that they're hale and firing on all cylinders. Many seem to obsess over trying to find root causes or solutions and will often grasp at straws for any relief even if it be "a sugar pill". They seem most affected when root causes are unknown so actual confirmed diagnoses should provide most of the necessary relief that Si-types would need to get on with their lives.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Si-types seem to get distracted and often derailed by even the slightest indication of personal ill-health, which contrasts with their ability to put up with great discomfort and pain when they know that they're hale and firing on all cylinders. Many seem to obsess over trying to find root causes or solutions and will often grasp at straws for any relief even if it be "a sugar pill". They seem most affected when root causes are unknown so actual confirmed diagnoses should provide most of the necessary relief that Si-types would need to get on with their lives.....

a.k.a. I/O
    I've noticed this with some of the SEI types I know.

They completely and utterly shut down when there is a physical problem. Basically you are three people in the room when its just the two of you: you, them, and their Si. Lots of depression for them come from the loss, or perceived loss, in the physical health department.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ OP

See for me, if I felt a pain like that in that back region, I wouldn't need to research it before I tested out the stretching solution intuitively.

I would have just felt it and then one night when the mood overtook me I would be on a carpeted floor rolling my leg and hips and then lean into the pressure and start to stretch and feel the place where the pain is coming from and go ooooooo then do it harder and harder, sorry this sounds bad, I dont mean it sexually.

Then I would stand up and feel the pressure lessen and go, well duh, something inside there is stuck on something and its creating a chain reaction of pain and inflammation.

Then I would research it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some IEE types, one woman in particular who is older than 60, who majorly struggles with Si suggestive stuff, where she is totally and utterly confused about why she is so immobile and sore and stiff all the time, and overweight ect.

To me I have to politely shake my head at what I see because to me the answers are so obvious, yet not what she wants to hear ie: you need to get up and force yourself to keep moving and to stretch your legs even if they hurt, and not eat so much junk food and clotted sugary type objects.