View Poll Results: What is my type (especially if you've seen my videos)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTj-LSE

0 0%
  • ENTj-LIE

0 0%
  • ESFj-ESE

0 0%
  • ENFj-EIE

0 0%
  • ESTp-SLE

0 0%
  • ESFp-SEE

0 0%
  • ENTp-ILE

0 0%
  • ENFp-IEE

2 33.33%
  • ISTp-SLI

0 0%
  • INTp-ILI

0 0%
  • ISFp-SEI

0 0%
  • INFp-IEI

1 16.67%
  • ISTj-LSI

0 0%
  • ISFj-ESI

0 0%
  • INTj-LII

0 0%
  • INFj-EII

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I like being called "more normal" and such by the way @sbbds, lol thanks : ) I've been told I'm quirky and different, but that I'm also down-to-earth and such. I take "weird" as a compliment, but it's nice to hear I am not a lunatic ;p @Aylen, I will send the batch of links right over! I have a couple shorter vids from the past, lengthy questionnaire vids and then a real quick vid from recently.
    Thank you! I will watch them all today most likely. <3

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I do self type. IEI-Ni. I can relate to Gulenko's EIE-H pretty well and all 4 of his dcnh IEI description are pretty fitting to different degrees. I am very introverted so EIE doesn't work for me, even in comparison to the most introverted EIE I know. I also relate to Jungian introverted intuition and irrationality much more than his other descriptions so IEI is just best fit for me.
    Heh. I have recently met one EIE-H in person. I think I could describe her as introverted and she was physically quite awkward. After discussing with her I would not confuse her with IEI while she might be "introverted" but in layman terms "introvert" would be a better fit. She lacked the broken phone effect that I have with IEI's and ticked most of the boxes when it comes to EIE characteristics.

I have seen bouncingoffclouds's videos and she is not like that. So at least in my books EIE is excluded. Introverted feeling type at least.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you calling me Fi bro? What you sayin? And no rush on the vids @Aylen !

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, @Heretic 007 , how did you see my videos? Are you referring to the brief ones from weeks ago now I had posted in here? The one's others are viewing are my answers to questionnaires, as well as those videos I had posted too

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're an Fi type. I think you can rule out beta rational.

I don't see anything for or against IEI. Dabbling in the occult will make just about anybody future/vision oriented, and I didn't notice much that screamed intuition otherwise. You have a very strong childlike vibe, though I guess that could be taste.

You reference the external environment way more than I would expect; even in your candid family video, there's a lot of pointing out & interacting with objects in the room, which suggests extroverted perception. And you lit up the most when talking about aesthetics and comfort, which suggests Si valuing. I'm leaning alpha ILE, SEI. Consider ESE just to be safe since social anxiety can make an extrovert socially introverted.

Your mannerisms are a lot like a ESE girl I know, your aesthetics are a lot like a ILE relative of mine, and your face is a bit of a blend of both. The swing in looks between just-rolled-out-of-bed to childlike stuffed animal pic to super-aesthetic almost cosplay pic, makes me think of ENxP girls.

IEIs usually are pretty sure they are either a Se valuing type, EII or LII. Ne/Si types tend to be the ones open to the possibility of being any and all types. I would focus on ILE, IEI, SEI, ESE and keep interacting with people to see which quadra feels like home & who seems like your identical, dual, conflict, etc.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! I was actually looking at the pairings today and I was starting to see patterns there, so I think you're right about doing that. It is definitely helpful to look at it in terms of how you relate to others. I feel like I am Se valuing by what I know about it (as well as Ti), but I haven't read about either in depth to give a definitive answer there. I did admit I do think I value Si also, based on something I read in the past, I will have to look it all over again. I think my current room is more childlike than my apartments typically are, though I guess there are some childlike things hiding in the room/closet there too I do always have faerie lights. I'm in a small space right now and have to cram in like half my apartment :/ Anyway, this is all very helpful! Thanks a lot! I did connect to alpha when I first read the quadras, which was a while ago, so I will have to go over those again as well. Someone pretty heavily into Socionics told me on a call once that I sounded like an SEI, but when I read Gulenko's description it seems too happy lol. Though style/fashion wise I definitely connect to SEI's from what I've seen. I have a lot of different styles really and though not all the videos show it,my hair is usually wild colors

Someone noted once, when we had to do this thing where we stared at a stranger for a minute and she was like... "You seem very shy and uncomfortable with maintained eye contact obviously, but I can't help but notice your hair..." and I've noticed that about myself also. I shun the limelight in person and yet I appear in ways that would call attention to myself...not booty shorts, I'm fairly modest, but my hair/fashion, individualism Sometimes I can look very polished, delicate, "princess" like, other times I'm wild bohemian, punkish "faerie" etc. I often wear a little glitter by my eyes which is yes, childlike, lol.

Thanks! This is all very helpful. I'm going to research more on these types.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited by these new prospects... I don't think ESE (though I'm going to read more), some fit for sure, but plenty didn't, in the Strat description anyway, can't recall if I looked at Gulenko's. I've gotta say, the Strat definiton has a ton for IEI that fit... but I agree on valuing Si and I actually wrote down before that I value this function, I may be mistaken some on Se. Whichever function is, going out, taking risks, doing wild shit, riding roller-coasters... I value that, not so much being "goal-oriented". Gonna read through more in the new few days. Is there a good resource for all of the functions? I think maybe picking functions I value most with more thorough descriptions will help.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wait, @Heretic 007 , how did you see my videos? Are you referring to the brief ones from weeks ago now I had posted in here? The one's others are viewing are my answers to questionnaires, as well as those videos I had posted too
    Yes, those brief ones. I think you could be IEI. I could consider SEI but likely not. ESI seems least likely.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I figured out what you meant by the Fi statement too

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am changing my avatar sometimes for pic VI, although clearly video is better. It’s easier than posting a bunch of pics which I would undoubtedly remove. Too much work, fyi

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i actually want to ask that soundofconfusion dude, something tells me he's some sort of master typist. am i wrong?
    everyone have the match <50% so look for each other as not good
    I disagree even how he types himself

I'd look at your videos, where you have no glasses

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right, i'm a little scared, but i will do so. i have glasses in most because i have pretty bad vision, i actually posted in the unofficial member thread a bunch of pics from when i'm a kid and i have no glasses (i was more vain about wearing them then) https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-Thread/page77 lol i tried to control myself and not go overboard. i'll send you the vid where i'm not wearing glasses, but i'm pretty tired by that point and i have glasses marks on my nose lol.

hell maybe i'll make one today without glasses, though i'm lacking sleep... seems like when i decide to make videos, lmao. do you have a particular questionnaire you'd like me to answer?
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-27-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

among F types the most possible are: Fi - ENFP, Fe - ISFP
    among T types you associated the most with INTP
    INFP is not your type, I'm sure

mb ENFP
    as the most possible among all the most possible ones
    what is close to your initial assumptions EII-IEI

you may perceive yourself as shy being E type. it's not common, but I saw such

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't entirely disagree with you. There was one thing on IEE-Ne yesterday that stood out real hard to me yesterday. Damn, I can't recall what it was, I think it was on romantic attitudes or something. Thank you for your input, I will do more research on IEE as well (that would be trippy if I were IEE). I feel like I possess both beta and delta qualities, but I do think "deltas have it right" so that could indicate something (also my dad is beta, I was actually just talking to him about socionics, interesting convo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

mb ENFP

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keanuinfp.jpg

mb ENFP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel like I possess both beta and delta qualities
    When I typed myself it was also not easy to understand between beta/delta. On the final step the choice was between LSI or LSE. I've made it with the help of IR effects. I've typed people IRL and noticed that among irrationally the most pleasant were Fi and most annoying were Fe, especially E*I and EIE.

mb types examples in the signature will help you

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ENFps hate boring, tedious office work. For some reason they often end up doing it from time to time, possibly because temp work allows them freedom to travel. Having time to do their own thing is very important and they would probably prefer time off than more money like some types."

LOL. I was going on about this very thing in the shoutbox today. Yeah, there is a ton here that fits, some things are standing out that don't too, but that's basically been every type. There is a lot that fits here... I almost recently told you guys, now that I was getting "back to normal", I felt more delta than beta, but I didn't because I already flood and go back and forth like crazy, which also supports this type...

I'm not sure about running around people pleasing, I don't feel like that, although at like work and such I don't like being disliked and I do try to be on good terms with everyone...

I'm going to keep reading and shout my mouth (clamp down my fingers rather) now

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ngl, some of this is blowing my mind a bit right now. Going through the functions now. I will look at the links too, thank you.

I forget what it was, but I was reading a certain person's description of beta and I was suddenly like, wtf? Delta seemed more fitting there. Also apparently although I share some sentiments with beta father and he's influenced me a lot in life, I tend to appear more like my delta mom... I can seem like both which makes this all confusing, but what I'm reading about IEE could explain this. lol the thing about "contradictions" lmao

The only real problem I see with it so far is the always being around people thing I mean, could this mean people online? There is a lot that goes into this and ties in with my social anxiety too which makes it all very complex. I do notice that even more so recently, I can't just sit with myself and like, read. I chat so much online to the point people have not believed I'm an introvert, thought people offline would tell you otherwise. I'm so confused. lol

When I typed myself it was also not easy to understand between beta/delta. On the final step the choice was between LSI or LSE. I've made it with the help of IR effects. I've typed people IRL and noticed that among irrationally the most pleasant were Fi and most annoying were Fe, especially E*I and EIE.

mb types examples in the signature will help you

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The only real problem I see with it so far is the always being around people thing I mean, could this mean people online?
    It's possible when extraverts have small IRL communications. To some degree they may compensate this by Net ones.
    The more meaningful are IR effects for the typing.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao Extroverted perception + irrational + 4d Fe + childlike + Si valuing. It was all there in my reply, but I ruled out Fi too fast & got sucked into considering ILE over IEE bc you have such strong demonstrative Fe over text. I second looking at IEE & checking out the Deltas.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ervescent-ENFp

I don't know how solid this is, but there is a ton here that fits. The functions part is pretty spot on, the last 2 I'm unsure of, but the others are pretty spot on. Also the mistypings section aside from ENTJ hmm

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I'm doing my research, lol. Timber said IEE by VI too when I had shared a bunch of pictures before (took them down), so he gets cred too if this ends up being my type

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Lmao Extroverted perception + irrational + 4d Fe + childlike + Si valuing. It was all there in my reply, but I ruled out Fi too fast & got sucked into considering ILE over IEE bc you have such strong demonstrative Fe over text. I second looking at IEE & checking out the Deltas.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I wasn't going to say it here since I wanted to respond to your pm at some point after I had collected my thoughts on your type but since you are already considering it, I will say I also thought you were IEE after watching the videos a couple days ago and by reading your posts. I thought the anxiety you have could be a pretty relevant reason to see yourself as introverted too. I do not struggle with anxiety in the way you do so I can't say for sure.

I also didn't want you to think I was throwing you out of beta. I am not a gatekeeper like that. I like you and wouldn't mind sharing a base function with you. I just don't think we do. Your perception looks more expansive, and bouncy, to me than my own. I tend to narrow things down. Ne valuing seems more likely for you. SEI is an interesting suggestion but I think you are an NF. I have been observing your posts and the way you express things is interesting to me. In text you do bring high energy to the forum which gives some information on how your mind works. It is also what the forum kind of needs right now.

The initial j vibe I had went away when I saw your new longer vid. I know you did it while tired. That showed. I was tired when I watched it. IME, IEE is the delta type that can fit into most groups easily, even the "merry" quadras, if they want to and be liked by many. ILE don't have this quality. No offense to them.

Writing this made me think of Raver (RIP) and how he could mix it up with all quadras so easily. He was pretty introverted, by his own account, compared to other IEE. I once thought he was EII-Fi because of it. Anyway, one of my long time close friends is an IEE and she is pretty amazing. We don't talk much anymore. I kind of miss her. I should check her fb or something. If she says it is ok I will pm you some pics or videos of her for comparison. I guess just try it on for awhile to see how it fits. You can always change your mind if it doesn't. Although some would see that as an indicator of Ne too. lol

Since you are an adult your cognition is probably set in enough to find your type in socionics. I still suggest reading Jung too. Maybe that will help. I wouldn't rule out EII-Ne either.

This link is good for making Jungian functions easier to understand:

http://www.cgjungpage.org/learn/reso...logy#Contents2

Feeling is often confused with emotion -- in fact, Jung himself sometimes talks of the two together almost as if they were the same thing, but when he does make it clear he says explicitly that any function can lead over into emotion, and the emotion itself is not the function. Neither is feeling a kind of muddled thinking, as the thinking type is inclined to believe; it is the function by which values are weighed, accepted, or refused.

Jung speaks of both 'feeling judgements' and 'feeling situations'; the realm of feeling includes the two, but in the latter case one is nearer the emotional end of the scale, though the valuing element enters in too. In a 'feeling situation' one values, i.e. judges the atmosphere and behaves accordingly. Women are usually adept at this, but there are also men who are feeling types. They function best in situations where personal relationships are important; intermediaries of every sort from diplomats to salesmen need to have well-developed feeling.

Feeling and thinking are inimical to each other. ' In science where thinking is the main function ... the lowest microbe has to be granted the same concentration as the sun.' 12 But feeling disapproves of this, and insists on the difference in their values being recognized.

Feeling is a rational function; one does not normally feel that a thing is valuable one moment and worthless the next; feeling types have an ordered scheme of things, a hierarchy of values to which they hold, and a strong sense of history and tradition. It is a discriminating function, and where there is little or no feeling you find -- as in an extreme example of extraverted thinking -- a tremendous accumulation of facts, some of value and others completely worthless.

Feeling is specially concerned with human relationships, and with the value (or lack of value) of people, and their modes of behavior towards one another. It is not surprising, therefore, that it is an important element in many religions, and especially in both Christianity and Buddhism.

When feeling has priority over the other functions, one can speak of a feeling type, and when the type is extraverted, feeling will be governed by and adjusted to the environment; this type is more often found among women than among men.

The extraverted feeling type is well adjusted to the world, valuing on the whole what is generally valued and finding no difficulty in fitting in with her time and milieu. This is particularly noticeable when she marries, for she always chooses such an eminently suitable husband that one might well think she had planned it all, but in fact she falls in love quite genuinely with the 'right' kind of man.

She is specially concerned with personal relationships and has often tact and charm, smoothing awkward situations and pouring oil on troubled waters; and it is she who makes social and family life possible. She is naturally a good hostess, and is thoroughly at home in groups, large gatherings, and every social and communal activity. The feeling type who becomes aware of unhappiness or injustice has usually a real desire to help, and a great deal of excellent social work is based on this function. At best she is sympathetic, helpful, and charming; at worst superficial and insincere. So long as her feeling remains personal it is genuine, but if it is pushed to extremes it becomes unrelated and artificial, losing its original human warmth, and giving an impression of pose and unreliability.

Introverted feeling is governed by subjective factors, and the type is outwardly very different from the warm, friendly extravert, often giving an impression of coldness; but the feeling, in reality gathers intensity with its lack of expression, and one may truly say of this type that 'still waters run deep'. Whilst appearing reserved, they have usually much sympathy for and understanding of intimate friends, or anyone suffering in need. In a woman of this type feeling often flows secretly into her children; she is not demonstrative, but has all the same a passionate love that will become apparent if the child is seriously ill, or if she is separated from it in some way. Introverted feeling also expresses itself in religion, in poetry and music, and occasionally in fantastic self-sacrifice.

The introverted feeling type is inadaptable. He or she is disconcertingly genuine, and if ever forced to play a role, is likely to fall to pieces, for this reason being sometimes described as schizoid. But in intimate circles to which they are attached by strong emotional ties their value is well known, and they make constant and reliable friends.

What Jung means by feeling is often misunderstood; there is no doubt what he means by sensation: it is that which reaches us through the senses. As sense-perception sensation is (dependent upon the object causing the sensation, and also upon the recipient. In the former case -- i.e. where the emphasis is on the object -- the sensation is said to be extraverted. When sensation has priority, instead of merely seconding another function, we can speak of a sensation type. In this type no objective sensation is excluded; in other types, especially the intuitive, much that is sensed scarcely reaches consciousness; intuitives, for instance, often forget they have a body -- they feel they could almost fly.

[...]

The opposite function to sensation is intuition, though, like sensation, it is an irrational function. 'Intuition,' says Jung, 'is a perception of realities which are not known to consciousness, and which goes via the unconscious.' It is more, however, than a mere perception, for it is an active creative process which seizes upon the situation and tries to alter it according to its vision. It has the capacity to inspire, and in every 'hopelessly blocked situation [it] works automatically towards the issue which no other function could discover.' 13 Whenever a judgment or a diagnosis has to be made in the dark intuition comes into play. Scientists and physicians, inventors, certain classes of business men and politicians, judges and generals all must make use of this faculty at times, and of course ordinary people as well.

Wherever you have to deal with strange conditions where you have not established values or established concepts, there you will depend upon that faculty of intuition.14

The extraverted intuitive type lives mainly through this faculty of intuition; the important things are all possibilities. He or she dislikes intensely anything that is familiar, safe, or well-established. He is no respecter of custom, and is often ruthless about other people's feelings or convictions when he is hot on the scent of something new; everything is sacrificed for the future. Neither religion nor law is sacrosanct, so that he often looks like a ruthless adventurer; but he has in fact his own morality based on loyalty to his intuitive view. For him not to 'take a chance' is simply cowardly or weak.

The danger to this type of man is that he sows but never reaps. He squanders his life in possibilities while others enjoy the fruits of his energy and enterprise. It is almost impossible for him to carry a thing through to the end, or at least beyond the point where its success is established. Naturally his personal relationships are very weak; he finds it difficult to stick to one woman, and home soon becomes a prison. On the other hand, as the wife of such a man once said, life with him is never dull.

The extraverted intuitive is concerned with what is commonly known as the world of reality; the introverted intuitive is concerned with the collective unconscious, the dark background of' experience -- all that is subjective, strange, and unusual to the extravert.

The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, when given the priority ... produces a peculiar type of man, viz. the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, or the fantastical crank and artist on the other. The latter might be regarded as the normal case, since there is a general tendency of this type to confine himself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his principal problem, and -- in the case of a productive artist -- the shaping of perception. But the crank contents himself with the intuition by which he himself is shaped and determined.15

This is the type that sees visions, has revelations of a religious or cosmic nature, prophetic dreams, or weird fantasies, all of which are as real to him as God and the Devil were to medieval man. Such people seem very peculiar today, almost mad, as in fact they are, unless they can find a way to relate their experiences with life. This means finding an adequate form of expression, something collectively sanctioned, not just a living out of fantasies. They can sometimes do this by finding, or even forming a group where their vision is of some value. In primitive communities these people have value and command respect -- they are of the stuff from which the prophets of Israel were fashioned -- but except as mystics in religious communities there is little place for them in the world of to-day. Usually they keep quiet about their experiences, or form esoteric sects or little groups concerned with 'other world experience'. Ordinarily they seem rather odd, and quite harmless, but if gripped by their inner vision they may become possessed by a force which is powerful for good or evil, and is highly contagious: both religious conversion and mob violence start in this way.

As a rule, the intuitive contents himself with perception, and if he happens to be a creative artist, with the shaping of perception; he will paint 'in iridescent confusion, embracing both the significant and banal, the lovely and the grotesque'. William Blake is a good example of an introverted intuitive who was both artist and poet.

Since human nature is by no means simple, one rarely finds the absolutely pure type; often the main function is sufficiently clear to club the person a thinker, an intuitive and so on, but it is seconded by another function which modifies and blurs the picture. Jung in fact refers to his description of types as 'somewhat Galtonesque family portraits', for human nature refuses to be classified in a precise and simple way. All the same, the concept of types has great practical value as an aid to understanding in personal relationships and in education. It is of help to husbands and wives to realize that their partner 'works' in a different way and is not simply being obtuse, to teachers to realize that an introverted child, for instance, is not unhappy or unadapted if it does not join in activities with the same zest as extraverted pupils, and to the psychotherapist in treating his patient. It is very common among neurotic people to have developed one function to such perfection that the others are perforce neglected; intuitives, for instance, usually neglect sensation, and consequently their own bodies, so that they may become physically ill; thinking types neglect feeling and so get into serious trouble where personal relationships are important. Mental (and sometimes therefore physical) health depends on the development of the neglected function, so that the personality may become more nearly whole.

Most people use one function (or its modification), more and a very highly complicated people use two functions, differentiated personality would make use of three functions. The inclusion of the fourth function belongs to what Jung has called the individuation process, and the reconciliation of the opposing trends of one's nature; but to understand what is meant by this we must first consider Jung's concepts of the personal and collective unconscious in more detail.
    Excerpts from:

An Introduction to Jung's Psychology
    by Frieda Fordham © Frieda Fordham 1953, 1959, 1966.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Heh. I have recently met one EIE-H in person. I think I could describe her as introverted and she was physically quite awkward. After discussing with her I would not confuse her with IEI while she might be "introverted" but in layman terms "introvert" would be a better fit. She lacked the broken phone effect that I have with IEI's and ticked most of the boxes when it comes to EIE characteristics.

I have seen bouncingoffclouds's videos and she is not like that. So at least in my books EIE is excluded. Introverted feeling type at least.
    what's "broken phone effect"?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much Aylen. It seems like the timing on all of this happened pretty perfectly. I had just read something on IEE-Ne yesterday when looking over romantic patterns that really struck me. I also read your post on Ni yesterday and i was like, woah, lol. I couldn't fully relate. There are aspects I feel I can relate to in the sense of time, but I've gotta admit, all the signs pointing to Ne are pretty strong, and many people have pointed this out. The signs were there, in the more I was reading, and I don't know why I kept passing by IEE, but I agree on not completely ruling out EII either. I have a lot of research to do and I still have to read the Jungian function part of your post. IEE definitely fits more than SEI, there is a lot about IEE that is ringing a lot of bells to tell you the truth. Combine the scattered way of the ILE with the more diplomatic way of the IEE, bingo. Going through the actual functions in their positions was a trip and also showed me that reading the functions and learning the system will make someone figure out their type wayyyyyy more than reading mere type descriptions. I should have done this sooner with IEE, but I'm doing it now. I like you mentioning the "bounciness" when you consider my username : )

I too, thought of Raver. I didn't even know him, but when I saw the post about his loss and saw he was a raver, saw his type, which I didn't know much about, but I do know plenty about ENFP in MBTI and my sister was probably one too (although I'm not sure what she was in Socionics, but I'll figure it out... we did have a ton in common), anyway it touched me. I've run across some of his posts and even his avatar, I know I would have liked him and it pains me that you guys lost such a cool dude. For some reason discovering I may very well be an IEE made a lot of thoughts and connections run through my head and I truly did think of him. That may sound crazy. I lost a friend of sorts in a community I was a part of for a very long time as well, as well as ofc my sister and another cool friend. All of these people were very, very good people and they all died of similar causes... so although I did not know Raver, I had a sense of what the loss might be like for many here. I'm very sorry. I can only say that the spirit of the person does live on and in the case of my sister especially, I carry many aspects of her spirit with me and have used it in my work with helping others. The combination of my sister's loss and my time working in behavioral health (which actually started weirdly right after her passing), has done wonders on my own development and understanding of people. I still have a ton to develop within myself though of course, a ton, and a lot to improve upon.

I do relate to the deltra quadra more than the alpha quadra I believe as well. My dad is a powerful beta type and he was very influential throughout my life, but even he constantly tells me how I more and more seem so much like my mom, in mannerisms and everything, who I know is a delta. I have been able to be friends with people who are even different from myself politically and I feel like, given some immense shifts in my life, my brain chemistry, my body, my habits etc. that happened recently, and due to influence of others, I convinced myself I was more beta like. The past days though I've been seeing myself shift back to how I was before the sort of storm. I've tended to care what others think, and during my storm (which did have a lot of positive within it) I went into a wild FUCK WHAT EVERYONE THINKS mode lol. One person pointed out how much more aggressive I was acting than normal and asked me what was up. He has known me quite some time and said, "I've never seen you like this" It was relieving in a sense to not care, but in another sense I started to feel this sick feeling, like this was not myself. I didn't like being so intense although I'm not really saying this is beta behavior either. I had some hateful lashouts where although I was right on things, was just, a bit too much and left me feeling winded in the end. Anyway, I could go on with what was going on, others things I noticed, have reflected on now, and other things I was trying to do, and some of it is actually pretty good... I made good things happen, but in a fucked up way lol. I'll stop here.

Thanks for all your help and kind words. Thank to everyone in helping get me typed. I have a lot of research to do. I'm convinced I'm an Ne type and I do agree the back and forth on my type is an indicator of it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I wasn't going to say it here since I wanted to respond to your pm at some point after I had collected my thoughts on your type but since you are already considering it, I will say I also thought you were IEE after watching the videos a couple days ago and by reading your posts. I thought the anxiety you have could be a pretty relevant reason to see yourself as introverted too. I do not struggle with anxiety in the way you do so I can't say for sure.

I also didn't want you to think I was throwing you out of beta. I am not a gatekeeper like that. I like you and wouldn't mind sharing a base function with you. I just don't think we do. Your perception looks more expansive, and bouncy, to me than my own. I tend to narrow things down. Ne valuing seems more likely for you. SEI is an interesting suggestion but I think you are an NF. I have been observing your posts and the way you express things is interesting to me. In text you do bring high energy to the forum which gives some information on how your mind works. It is also what the forum kind of needs right now.

The initial j vibe I had went away when I saw your new longer vid. I know you did it while tired. That showed. I was tired when I watched it. IME, IEE is the delta type that can fit into most groups easily, even the "merry" quadras, if they want to and be liked by many. ILE don't have this quality. No offense to them.

Writing this made me think of Raver (RIP) and how he could mix it up with all quadras so easily. He was pretty introverted, by his own account, compared to other IEE. I once thought he was EII-Fi because of it. Anyway, one of my long time close friends is an IEE and she is pretty amazing. We don't talk much anymore. I kind of miss her. I should check her fb or something. If she says it is ok I will pm you some pics or videos of her for comparison. I guess just try it on for awhile to see how it fits. You can always change your mind if it doesn't. Although some would see that as an indicator of Ne too. lol

Since you are an adult your cognition is probably set in enough to find your type in socionics. I still suggest reading Jung too. Maybe that will help. I wouldn't rule out EII-Ne either.

This link is good for making Jungian functions easier to understand:

http://www.cgjungpage.org/learn/reso...logy#Contents2

Excerpts from:

An Introduction to Jung's Psychology
    by Frieda Fordham © Frieda Fordham 1953, 1959, 1966.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE makes more sense yes. Also keep in mind that the introtim/extratim dichotomy doesn't fully correlate to social introversion/extraversion as we know it in an everyday sense. Plenty of E types are socially introverted, plenty of I types are socially extraverted.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm gathering that the more I'm researching. I'm finally starting to learn Socionics, heavy emphasis on "starting" Some things clicked with function stuff tonight, stumbled upon the right thing, still a ton more to learn.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say that just from seeing your profil pic my immidiate guess was IEE. But I havent seen your video.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my Mia Wallace costume by the way i’ve been switching around my pfps to help with VI. Plenty of people have said Ne and there were some other IEE’s based on VI, but I attested before doing more thorough research, smh.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-30-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"INFP, 4w5, IEE-Ne"

IEE is ENFP

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sol. If you really are IEE, then you were mistyped before and you should write ENFP in mbti. Not that mbti matters, the types are the same, but if you still want to write the four letters it should not in any case be "INFP". Socionics is more accurate and corrects some mistakes that mbti has, and the "Socionics type" is the real type.

You said before that it was much harder typing yourself "in Socionics". That's because one really has to find the right type once and for all. Simply identifying oneself with a description is not enough. I've met people who liked mbti a lot and who were horribly mistyped. An LSE (ESTJ) who thinks she is "INFJ". A SEI (ISFP) who thinks she is "INFJ"...
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, but I'm an INFP. I mentioned to my friend before "sometimes I feel more Ne dom than Fi dom" however, and I brought this up with him yesterday. I did share with him that Keanu meme that says, "What if I'm not an INFP, but just an ENFP with social anxiety" and he was like, nah all INFP's say that (online friend). I fit the bill pretty well for INFP, the type 4 variety (as opposed to 9), I am EXTREMELY type 4. To me these are not perfect systems and I think it makes sense there could be overlap.

The career portion of Gulenko's IEE description stood out like a sore thumb this morning, lol I've literally considered all of those careers (or regretted that I didn't do certain things potentially). "The humanitarian sphere. Teaching, art, journalism, psychology, career advising, marriage counseling, advertising." The only exception is journalism, which maybe indicates something. I wrote this to my friend this morning, "I've said so many times that I think I could have a career in advertising. When I really like something, I'm very enthusiastic and can "sell" it. Also have been told I could do marriage counseling lol. Teaching is something I've been starting to realize I actually enjoy, once again, if it's something I'm passionate about. Art and psychology, that's obvious, have also considered doing vocational counseling because although I can't figure out what to do myself, I enjoy and feel I have a keen eye for helping other figure out what they would be good at."

Of course I did this sort of dissecting with IEI too lmao. To be continued

Anyway Sol, I hear ya, but for one, Fi works differently in the MBTI system than this one. I'm a pretty glaring obvious xNFP. You are right that people online have sometimes mistaken me for ENFP though. My aesthetic environment is so INFP it hurts lol. I literally have a fucking dragon that lights up. I always have faerie lights which appears to be some common INFP bond lmao. DONT TAKE MY TYPE FROM ME. @NASS CODA help me out lol I need my coffee and to get ready for some things. Gotta get more yellow dye today to make my orange dye more vibant 8 )

Family members, such as my likely ENFP in MBTI sister gave me things that had words like "Dreamer". My childhood was the most INFP shit on the planet (in MBTI). I mention it in my new videos actually, which I'm debating sharing, or only giving out to those who ask again. I actually made a new YT channel with all of my "for typing" videos. Lol. Going to put the others from other channel on private now : )

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I agree with Sol. If you really are IEE, then you were mistyped before and you should write ENFP in mbti. Not that mbti matters, the types are the same, but if you still want to write the four letters it should not in any case be "INFP". Socionics is more accurate and corrects some mistakes that mbti has, and the "Socionics type" is the real type.

You said before that it was much harder typing yourself "in Socionics". That's because one really has to find the right type once and for all. Simply identifying oneself with a description is not enough. I've met people who liked mbti a lot and who were horribly mistyped. An LSE (ESTJ) who thinks she is "INFJ". A SEI (ISFP) who thinks she is "INFJ"...
    Eh. I think they're different enough that there's no 1-1 correlation going on. And being a socionics extrovert doesn't always mean being a myers-briggs extrovert. It's not a "mistype" if they don't match in the systems, it's just different methods of typing. Some MB folks go strictly by dichotomies, but others it seems look more at functions so assuming anything just makes more of a mess. Just look at the different ways the functions/elements are described in the two systems - they aren't the same. I think assuming that everyone is talking about the same things in the same way is a mistake, and in my opinion it's better to look at each system as it's own system rather than trying to make them match each other.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@bouncingoffclouds. mbti is not a correct typology, although they come close. They don't identify the real types correctly. If you stay with socionics you might start seeing that this is the case.

People trust mbti because it is so much advertised and commercial.

The mbti descriptions don't matter, even if you fit some description. Anybody can make up a set of descriptions and then try to fit people into them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you type this guy in MBTI @Sol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qKD806o4M (I relate to his hand movement stuff haha, there is another video he did something that I related to so hard, but I can't remember which one), but yes, what would you type him as.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What would you type this guy in MBTI
    He thinks himself as INFP / IEI and this seems as the most possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been typed via questionnaires in MBTI with the answer of INFP, and it's what I've gotten on every test I've taken 5000 times in my life (in case you didn't notice, I like the idea of not being the type I thought I was, the prospect of something new, yet at the same time I can get frustrated if it gets challenged at times, once I've settled). I'm not sure if this is an endless search for self or getting bored with being the same "thing".

In MBTI, I tested as INTP the first time I took the test in my first college, but INFP every time since. I watched this to help me figure it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXYeoRHPVA and was like, yeah, lol, INFP no doubt. The stacking in MBTI I relate to pretty hard, although, much like in this typing system, the Ti position seems weird (shadow in MBTI).

I'm a very individualistic type 4 type if this helps at all. Although, I've come to find out 7 may very well be in my tritype, despite testing higher on 5. I always had this sense I was under-testing on 7. I showed my dad a paper with very brief descriptions and as he was going through the types, 1 "no", 2, "no", 3 "no", 4.... "well this rings a bell". He then got to 7 and said he could see 7 too. Looked more into tritypes and 471 felt right, although now I'm questioning it. 479 is TOO nice I feel (I could never figure out between 1 and 9 for tritype). I used to identify as 459 and although I have tons of traits there, I am not a triple withdrawn. I'm either 1w9 or 9w1 in the tritype. I intend to look more into the ones with head 6 too due to the anxiety stuff, although I feel like a lot of the other traits don't fit and have never seen anyone suggest it as a possible point in my tritype

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo , I've started to realize that. I had a bad introduction to Socionics elsewhere, which made me not really like it, but now that I've been learning it more, I realize how systems like MBTI are so lacking. I have preferred enneagram over MBTI. It is higher level by including sociology as well, although I do furrow my brow a bit when I think of the time period and where it comes from, when I see hints of sexism and such in the old descriptions. I ran into this dude @Capitalist Pig 's page the other day, and I had to chuckle inside a bit.

However, the more I'm learning it the more I do like it, though I believe it to of course, be still pretty imperfect and in need of revision. I'm also the last person to be saying this since I'm far from knowing this theory thoroughly at all, lol.

I looked at the function stacking for several types last night by the way and as I already mentioned IEE fitting well, SEI did seem to potentially fit well also. Type descriptions I lean toward IEE, but I'm trying to focus more on the functions, quadras etc. more themselves at the moment (I do think I'm more delta than alpha, despite originally being drawn to alpha, the more I've read, I could see myself getting irritated with alphas at times). I also have mixed feeling on the quadras themselves and feel like something is lacking/people can be a blend of several.

I think the biggest agreement I've seen is that I'm an "irrational" type, lol. I don't think I've seen any rational types posed since sharing videos.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im more sure of 4w5 than 471 by far, I just recently went with 471 tritype and I’m definitely not certain of it. 4w5 there is no doubt. I’m such a 4 it is painful, wing could be debated more though historically I test pretty low on 3 and I’ve done a ton of reading on the differences between the types. Anyone who really knows me agrees on 5 wing, though apparently you can access both? I actually wish I could access 3 wing more because I think I would be more motivated in life, which is what I’ve seen with 4w3’s. I know all the cosplay type stuff could make it look different. In fact I’ve tested as 5 over 4 on one occasion, though like I said, I am a very clear 4 and I don’t necessarily think that is a good thing at all.

The 7 and the 1 in my tritype could both be wrong. Tritype is extremely lacking. Someone sent me a copy of the book by Fauvre, and even that is extremely lacking. What I mean is, there isn’t very thorough information out there on all of the tritypes and online it’s a chaotic mess to go through and try to find decent information on the types.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-30-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone pointed out the biggest issue with potential IEE typing may be the placement of Ti because I tend to value it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast