View Poll Results: What is my type (especially if you've seen my videos)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTj-LSE

0 0%
  • ENTj-LIE

0 0%
  • ESFj-ESE

0 0%
  • ENFj-EIE

0 0%
  • ESTp-SLE

0 0%
  • ESFp-SEE

0 0%
  • ENTp-ILE

0 0%
  • ENFp-IEE

2 33.33%
  • ISTp-SLI

0 0%
  • INTp-ILI

0 0%
  • ISFp-SEI

0 0%
  • INFp-IEI

1 16.67%
  • ISTj-LSI

0 0%
  • ISFj-ESI

0 0%
  • INTj-LII

0 0%
  • INFj-EII

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

Greetings I've had the hardest time figuring out if I'm EII or IEI. I initially felt the most drawn to IEI, but was convinced of being EII. I have now changed my mind again. I am undoubtedly 4w5 in enneagram and INFP in MBTI. I'm also Sx/So, but very close on those, slight Sx bend. Is there anything that could possibly help me to solidify which type I am?

Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 09-24-2020 at 05:13 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome,
    There are typing questionnaires you can fill out so people can get an idea of who you are and what you value, it's under the questionnaire tab above. Some people will ask you to post a video of yourself answering the questions, you don't have to do that if you're not comfortable. How much experience do you have with Socionics? Did you come from MBTI? It will help you to learn more about the typing system.
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-19-2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just pick one and stick to it until it wont fit anymore

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You could try this test and then post results to a typing thread or here. Just make sure you post full results that show how you compare to others of same type. Sometimes there are people here that are good at unraveling the results. A lot of people don't post the whole thing.

https://www.aimtoknow.com/test_beta

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AimToKnow.png... aimtoknow2.png As of a few months ago

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IMNSHO, EIIs are more moralistic/(self?)righteous and serious/career focused (cuz they value Te). IEIs are more romantic/weird and merry, and less focused on that. More ethical than moral. A more wilder sense of humor, but IRL we tend to be very wise who we show this side to so you might have to know an IEI well before it comes out. Also more into "stricter" logical categories as they value Ti not Te.

This is really stereotypical and not all that useful and I'm sure some people will throw a tomato at me for saying this.... but a lot of the EIIs I know have been really deathly serious, focused on practical matters like helping their community and succeeding in a career they like, and they have a greater tendency to be religious conservatives that are against homosexuality (or if they are pro-gay they subscribe to a very politically correct version of being gay that IEEs advocate for) etc, and IEIs are.... not like that at all. More the opposite of all that crap I just said, cuz they are from opposing quadras. They will clash with ppl like that. EIIs also go along more with authority and the status quo, IEIs are rebellious Betas and challenge it. IEIs also are very romantically compatible with SLE bad boy/girls. EIIs not at all! It will be like 'ew go away' instead of 'ooh baby that's what I like!'

Very generally speaking: IEI women/fags will fall in love with a douche gangsta. EII women/fags will fall in love with an asshole CEO businessman.

Though both yes know how to be nice and polite and tell the other person what they want to hear. Cuz they are both ethical/moral introverts. So both can follow the rules well and seem very similiar, though- as you get to know them, the similarities are quite superficial.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEIs will look more dreamy and spacey but also like they might laugh at you for having cancer. (Fe valuing)
    EIIs look like they will be seriously empathetic with ur cancer, but also look more angry & constipated. (Fi valuing)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

make a videointerview
    you looked as ILI by the photos. IEI is closer to it

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If those are the only two options, then IEI IMO.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting! I'm definitely going to have to check out more information on ILI. Did my results indicate anything? I have a different picture on my profile and well, you can see my Avatar pic. If that helps. I will post some more pictures if that helps

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And some more pictures, actually, I'll remove the other 2 from the last post and add them here

(deleted pics)

I will do the questionnaire soon, I'm going through some medical stuff and it's hard to focus right now. Also, I recently got braces off so I may start smiling more for pics I did add a smiling one here. Idk, I did smile in plenty prior too, but my go to look seems to be the more serious yet with a subtle smile one
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-01-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easiest way to tell the difference is to look at quadra values and how you act in groups, otherwise these two types can look nearly identical. I think that in group settings, IEIs can seem surprisingly extroverted, whereas EII will be much less so, but there are exceptions of course. also look at Ti vs Te valuing - IEIs can be mistaken for LIIs due to high N and strongly valued Ti. you definitely VI IEI to me though.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the quadras was challenging, the only thing I knew was I wasn't in Gamma. I definitely value Ti lol. I'm reading ILI too right now and it's not exactly wrong so far IEI I was drawn to immediately by the description however, but I got convinced otherwise and doubted myself (the doubt and self-criticism which apparently favors EII). One thing I noticed too is a lot of my favorite musical artists, whose lyrics I relate to most are IEI, when I looked them up.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are both of these types chameleonesque?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Are both of these types chameleonesque?
    IEI more so than EII, ILI not so much

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah lol, I didn't read much on ILI. I could relate to the having a lot of creative imagery, but not necessarily sharing it with others, but then it got into them being super messy and such and that is inaccurate. I guess none of the types ever perfectly fit. I think IEI is becoming more clearly my type, but then suddenly something EII will hit. I have a theory I developed more EII trait due to my career and life experiences. I'm also a bit older so I've matured some.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad said it's hard to type me because I can take on different roles. Then again, I guess asking my parents questions and valuing the answers makes me lean toward EII, lol

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad said it's hard to type me because I can take on different roles.
    This may be the argument that your type is IEI

Then again, I guess asking my parents questions and valuing the answers makes me lean toward EII, lol
    IEI can also behave like this

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"IEIs are generally very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them. They are often good at recognizing and influencing the moods of others, and at communicating the depth of their feelings or experiences. They tend to be adept at reading the reactions that others have to them and are often quick to make use of emotional cues in interaction. They frequently feel a need to look after the mood of those around them, and characteristically seek to awaken or innerve others' emotional energy. They may exhibit a propensity for good-natured, friendly, lighthearted banter and try to promote good will and inclusiveness. On the other hand, IEIs can also direct their emotional influence through a mode of expression that limits their affable levity; they may take on a formal, toxic, serious, or even shock-jock emphasis as situations require."

the bolded part is interesting to me, and something I can personally relate to as IEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My dad said it's hard to type me because I can take on different roles.
    The traits which will be seen with the assurance from your video should be correct. To change good type related nonverbal is not easy.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're IEI.

But an easy way (imo) is to just look at temperament. Both IEI and EII share strong functions, but IJ temperament and IP temperament are imo pretty different. You get the relaxed, go with the flow, ready for anything IEI vs the holding-back, stand-offish, hesitant EII and that comes from quadra values + temperament imo.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I'm starting to lean toward EII again lol. I'm so confused. I have some videos that aren't related to typology, old ones too before I knew any of this or was actively engaged if they might possibly help at all. I'm just not in a state to make a video right now. Thanks for your help guys : )

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about EIIs do you specifically relate to?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    What about EIIs do you specifically relate to?
    Oh man, this is a lot right now. Idk, I'm pretty humanitarian, I'm in the behavioral health field, although I would say my first passion is music and the creative realm, then behavioral health. Um... Nass Coda help me out. I'm sorry, I'm going through some medical recovery and such atm. A bit fuzzy. I'm going to post a video, I have others that I need to move to a different YT account. Lol, I have this one that I bet is prob gonna make people think I'm something I'm not, but eff it.... here it is. I notice when watching my videos there are some vast differences. I was telling someone about how I seem to be able to take on different roles and have many sides, not in a fake sense, just... well the word I used to describe it is, "multifaceted". I also have social anxiety which I think makes things complicated. Anyway, here is one simple video of one certain state of mine. I was on a trip and in nature, which I absolutely adore. I was about to have some more amazing experiences that night filled with art, science, exploration... and love. Here is the vid.... sigh, nevermind, upload fail : (

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Results

My friend made this for me which I greatly appreciate. It's probably why I'm so confused. I seem to exhibit both beta and delta characteristics betadelta.jpg

https://youtu.be/8WqOPpdvP5w

I gotchu bouncingoffclouds.
    This is a video of her

hmmmm
    Last edited by abillionmillion; 10-01-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty settled on IEI again lol

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks more IEI than EII.

(I love your dog btw.)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post
    Looks more IEI than EII.

(I love your dog btw.)
    lol thank you, I was wondering if anyone would notice her. I will do a questionnaire soon too, but I like these because they are more natural before I knew what socionics was. I want to say I won’t come off different, but never know subconsciously.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more photo, I feel like if might show something although I get the comment a lot that I have many looks and can look quite different in one picture from the next. (pics removed)
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol. You are so IEI.

You look a bit like my favorite IEI cousin. She loves dogs and they love her. In fact, she makes her living by dog-sitting for rich people. She is in great demand.

I know this isn’t the most PC or flattering thing to say, but I think that the skills required to get along with dogs overlap those required to get along with SLE’s. Both live in the real world, both are very immediate, and both crave love and understanding and appreciate faithfulness and loyalty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thank you, I was wondering if anyone would notice her. I will do a questionnaire soon too, but I like these because they are more natural before I knew what socionics was. I want to say I won’t come off different, but never know subconsciously.
    I just can't help myself, I love dogs (all animals, tbh).

Digression: Funny thing, we are probably conflictors. You look similar to my friend, which is probably IEI as well, though she is not sure of her type (and will probably come here for typing soon). It didn't stop us from being friends/pals, but who knows how would it be with closer distance. Maybe not as bad as socionics says.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I doubt in IEI

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post
    I just can't help myself, I love dogs (all animals, tbh).

Digression: Funny thing, we are probably conflictors. You look similar to my friend, which is probably IEI as well, though she is not sure of her type (and will probably come here for typing soon). It didn't stop us from being friends/pals, but who knows how would it be with closer distance. Maybe not as bad as socionics says.
    Between Conflictors, subtypes matter a lot. I am LIE-Te, and IRL, I do not get along well with SEI-Si’s, nor they with me. But I like, respect, and appreciate SEI-Fe’s. Weird.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASS CODA View Post
    Here's another longer video of OP (bouncingoffclouds) talking. She's talking to kids in it lol, and it's an older one. But illustrates her well imo

https://youtu.be/77v0pPamQqw
    Pretty settled on IEI again lol
    I was unsure before but this one video has a distinctly j>p vibe to it. I have no better suggestion since it does look like you are an NF based on test results. I expected to see a bit more Ni in your test results but that is fine since no one I know has measured up to the average IEI on that test. I am not sure how the test is even scoring it but someone else here might. It has had the same numbers for "average" IEI since I first took it in 2014. It was probably based on a small sample size typed by the creator and is not adjusted by new test results which makes sense since it would skew the creators typings in some way. I believe the Fe average the test claims is too low for the average IEI or Fe creative in general. It should at least be equal to their Ne. If you are IEI I would say Fe subtype.

Here is a chart of another IEI so you can see the lines they have marked for average IEI.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude dog sitting as a career is a great idea. I struggle so much with living the normal 9 to 5 life. Thank you for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol. You are so IEI.

You look a bit like my favorite IEI cousin. She loves dogs and they love her. In fact, she makes her living by dog-sitting for rich people. She is in great demand.

I know this isn’t the most PC or flattering thing to say, but I think that the skills required to get along with dogs overlap those required to get along with SLE’s. Both live in the real world, both are very immediate, and both crave love and understanding and appreciate faithfulness and loyalty.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if this helps, but I used to play dress up a bit and I’m really into creating costume looks and getting in character, though I don’t really have patience for perfecting makeup in my daily life usually, I hate doing practical/body related type things really. Except I do like coloring hair, but fun colors that I kind of turn into rainbows, sunsets and the like. Here are some of the costume ones. The bubble one I think sums me up (these are all years old) Attachment 15497Attachment 15498
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-01-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My passions are MUSIC, psychology/behavioral health, animals and nature, the arts, and to a degree, science

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast