View Poll Results: What is my type (especially if you've seen my videos)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTj-LSE

0 0%
  • ENTj-LIE

0 0%
  • ESFj-ESE

0 0%
  • ENFj-EIE

0 0%
  • ESTp-SLE

0 0%
  • ESFp-SEE

0 0%
  • ENTp-ILE

0 0%
  • ENFp-IEE

2 33.33%
  • ISTp-SLI

0 0%
  • INTp-ILI

0 0%
  • ISFp-SEI

0 0%
  • INFp-IEI

1 16.67%
  • ISTj-LSI

0 0%
  • ISFj-ESI

0 0%
  • INTj-LII

0 0%
  • INFj-EII

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am mostly modest yes, but I wouldn’t say extremely so.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII’s and IEI’s have the same functional strengths just different values.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theories are approximations of patterns in real life. I believe a theory is best used when you accept there may be flaws and you look for and study these flaws (why did they happen, which of the theory’s axioms caused this flaw, how does it affect applications of the theory). This way you can be a better practitioner than if you took the theory’s judgement for granted. You can even further the theory’s correctness if you take this approach.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Investigator, yes I think you're right on the money. Someone told me Socionics is one's way out of typology lol, I'm starting to understand what they mean. I also consider where it came from, what era, why there is such political involvement and well to be quite frank there is a lot of sexism in many of the original descriptions. I start to think, what in the eff am I doing here. People are fluid and changing. People aren't stagnant and the same way from birth, that is absurd.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m judgemental but quiet and also very inspiring
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Thank you Investigator, yes I think you're right on the money. Someone told me Socionics is one's way out of typology lol, I'm starting to understand what they mean. I also consider where it came from, what era, why there is such political involvement and well to be quite frank there is a lot of sexism in many of the original descriptions. I start to think, what in the eff am I doing here. People are fluid and changing. People aren't stagnant and the same way from birth, that is absurd.
    You are starting to get it. People are fluid and changing, but their actions are derivatives of cognitive function preferences (you don’t need to know about socionics to know this). So an INTp you see today may not act like an INTp you see tomorrow, but you see how their actions correlate with particular strengths and valuations of different functions so you concluded that both of them of were INTp.

Things like descriptions and VI guidelines are merely tools to point you in the right direction. Judgement of types should not be made by these things alone. Socionics isn’t the Big Five (side note: Big Five looks like DCNH), a theory which prides itself on empirical findings; our strength is the rationalism behind our function descriptions. Our biggest weapon as socionists is our understanding of functions and we use this knowledge to extrapolate how different types will react to different situations. We should be able to deduce the actions of a person to high accuracy if we have access personable information (religion, upbringing details, current situation, current social and economic environment, etc.) about them. I believe that last point gets glanced over by a lot of people. Cognitive function theories try to provide technical details about a person, but have to be used with fundamental factors (personable information) for maximum effectiveness.

Very good observations on past Russian cultural undertones pushed onto type descriptions. This would explain signs of sexism, but make sure that all these things are sexist. Neuroscientists confirmed that there are significant differences between male and female brains and maybe these neurophysiological differences skew many females and males to certain cognitive function preferences.

I won’t talk much about what you said on stagnancy because I would need to dip into my neuroscience bag. However, I will say psychologist do say after a certain age, your personality does not show much deviation for the rest of your life. It also said that even for some children, their personality carries on for the rest of their life as well. I think that for the cognitive personality to change, a very traumatic event would have to happen. I believe for an INTp to change into another type like an ISFp, something physically harsh (which also brings along significant psychological strain) must of happened of them altering neurochemicals and for an INTp-Te to change to an INTp-Ni, something purely psychologically stressful must have happened, making them feel the need to emphasize a different set of skills to resolve or at least ease their current situation.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" We should be able to deduce the actions of a person to high accuracy if we have access personable information (religion, upbringing details, current situation, current social and economic environment, etc.) about them. I believe that last point gets glanced over by a lot of people."

I agree with this 500 percent, I say this stuff all the time when people are typing. People are wild in their typings and quick to do it so quickly, and over the net at that. Doesn't make much sense. I'm reading up on the temperaments right now and I'm pretty sure I'm not IJ, aside from the liking crisis work. I can appear like an IJ, but once you get to know me I don't think it's really the case. I've tried to develop a lot of IJ traits though, and I have, due to my background in behavioral health, losing my sister and, growing up. I'm a lot older than people probably think.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, I will check out that link you have as well. I was talking to NASS and some others in another server, and it just more and more is starting to point toward IEI more than EII. I present a calmer front, but those who know me know a bit differently I think. I'm also open to the possibility of being something else entirely. I will say that rule following is not really my thing. Not really. Lol actually... haha definitely not really, I'm thinking of work and school, I am not a major rule follower at all lol, though I probably come off as such.

I was just talking about in a totally different place unrelated to typology too that I prank called the popo at 6 from a pay phone. I don't know if that means anything lol. I think I can come off prim and proper, but in reality, I'm not really.

I can be judgmental, but the older I've gotten this has lessened and lessened a ton. I'm in the midst of some sort of transformation also however, coming out of my shell so to speak (I've said it before, but I have a lot of issues with anxiety, runs in the fam), so it's hard to say how I am in terms of tolerance with others. Seems to wax and wane.

Back to the anxiety, I think the anxiety is another reason I tend to flood chats. I am constantly in my head.

Another thing I was discussing is my aversion to focusing on physical/practical things, like perfecting my appearance, I have zero patience for stuff like that, I don't like spending time doing these sorts of physical things, I don't know how to explain it. If we are talking about something like riding rides at an amusement park though, yeah I love that. Or swimming, riding my bike, dancing. I just don't like spending time doing make up and stuff like that, but I like the result and aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m judgemental but quiet and also very inspiring
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 09-25-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

With Socionics it’s like YES THIS FITS, and then suddenly something completely contradicts
    1. the types should be correct
    2. there is core theory, and secondary where variety is higher. a part of the theory as Reinin traits and subtypes are not normal Socionics and baseless to do not use it
    3. types is _one of_ factors influencing on the behavior

any tool should be used correctly to be useful

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still confused as hell, I read this and was confused as hell because I fit different ones in different areas, but I will say I noticed this (but maybe because I just want to settle on IEI at this point). These are literally my favorite sports that I mention preferring all the time:

4. IP – Introverted irrational (perception-adapting temperament)

Recommended sports. Gracefully rhythmic sports (swimming, riding the bicycle) or sprinting (short distance), jumping, etc.

I also had some connections to EP, which it stated when IP is in it's more energetic state it can be like EP. I did fit some IJ though too and even some EJ, lol. I am ending this here. I will do a questionnaire and poll soon.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I made a video

All right. I answered some questions, damn video came out to 27 minutes if anyone is willing to give it a look. I'm not really comfortable posting it for the whole board. I did this video in my worst possible physical state (just finally when I had the desire to do it ) and angle lmao, but man I did it so, any takers?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sure

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’d like to see it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expose yourself to me, dual

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmfao. Okay I’ll send a bit later today. I was tired etc., but I was also in my what I like to call “ISTP” (MBTI) mode Apparently it’s a phenomenon where INFP likes to pose as ISTP ;p. Nah I’m just kinda multifaceted like I said, chameleonesque. Am usually pretty girly (but with a sarcastic/dark humor etc. way), but can get into badass mode ;p

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lmfao. Okay I’ll send a bit later today. I was tired etc., but I was also in my what I like to call “ISTP” (MBTI) mode Apparently it’s a phenomenon where INFP likes to pose as ISTP ;p. Nah I’m just kinda multifaceted like I said, chameleonesque. Am usually pretty girly (but with a sarcastic/dark humor etc. way), but can get into badass mode ;p
    Interesting. I'd say that your avatar picture is LSI.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Interesting. I'd say that your avatar picture is LSI.
    Lol. I don’t think my personality is very different tbh I’m just in my hoodie flannel night shirt lol. I don’t really change personality lol. I’m rethinking this though because this board seems pretty brutal etc. My new avatar is a tarot card I pulled that reminds me of myself and my 2 sisters. It also tells me to travel 8) My last 2 avatars have been symbolic for me rather than a favorite aesthetic. I’m the green one. I should also note that one reason family is so important to me is because I lost one of my sisters. I feel like I have to say that as I mention family a lot which people consider in typing. I also live with my family at the moment. To me it’s also important to have relationships with people I truly connect with. I’m pretty selective with friends and such. I’m friendly and things and what was the word used... “pleasant”, but If people tell me to come hang and I don’t feel we connect much it’s like ehhhhhh, I can enjoy socializing at work and such, but I value my free time a lot

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right, it can get pretty brutal, but if that happens you'll know you're dealing with morons who don't deserve your consideration.

and if it happens, i'll kick their ass~

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should also note that I don’t believe in tarot and such really, but there are good messages in the cards and I like it so When I was young I was always drawn to occultist practices such as tarot and astrology. I find my deepest spiritual connection in nature. My rational brain tells me it’s all silly af, but my heart is drawn to such, and I’ve been more open with it again. It’s fun. I looked into Wicca when I was young (had my first tarot deck at 12), but was turned off when it made mention of multiple deities. However, I since learned that it is not meant to be taken literally and rather viewed as archetypes, which is cool af. My last avatar was Phoenix archetype as I feel this archetype embodies me the most in my life right now. <—— also my sisters and I. I’m Buttercup (tho my dad said I could be Blossom, but nah)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I’m kind of judging who to send to lol. How helpful is voice only in typing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    you're right, it can get pretty brutal, but if that happens you'll know you're dealing with morons who don't deserve your consideration.

and if it happens, i'll kick their ass~

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I think it is a bit revealing, but consider that even video typing is far from accurate. you just need to go through a couple of video threads to see for yourself.

in the end what matters is only your own idea, matured with time and knowledge, making a video/talk can be exciting and even awaiting for other's suggestions can be... but they're all still little patches.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for saying you’ll kick their ass lmao. My actual profile pic I think is more representative of myself btw. It’s a card called, “Awakening”, but I’ve always loved that pic before the card. Same artist, Emily Balivet. My all time fave that I feel connected to is this one by Kinuko Y. Craft... ISTj tho oooo imma read. I actually talk about in my video/s how I find mbti istj qualities endearing (qualities you find endearing that others don’t Lol)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

list the istj qualities you have in mind pls

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    list the istj qualities you have in mind pls
    Lmao, I think it’s cute how serious they seem on the outside (or can, I know it doesn’t apply to all Istj’s), but it’s like a shell with a softer core, it’s fun when you penetrate it lol. I feel like it’s easy for me to see through the shell. It’s cute and endearing when their soft side shows and they get embarrassed. Honestly I can relate.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I did this video in my worst possible physical state
    if you were not dead there, you may pm it

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are u gonna send ur video or what is this bullshit

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

behave numbo, im watching u

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Are u gonna send ur video or what is this bullshit

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've chosen to send it to one person so far, it's actually 2 video equaling about 45 minutes. I do apologize, I probably shouldn't have tagged this as VI since the video isn't actually attached to the post, I just wasn't sure how to go about it.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EII, tbh. Don't ask me why, I have no answers to anything in this life.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I don't know if I'm trippin' or what, but I think one of my other threads got merged with this one o.O I have some videos answering typing questions I'm willing to share though I'm pretty settled on IEI. I think what confuses me is I change in different settings, but I think I don't view how I come off quite accurately possibly based on some self-fulfilling prophecy shit as a child. Apparently I come off a lot warmer than I realize.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to put it in this thread because my stuff keeps getting merged when i do separate threads lol, but, are there any good resources on significant resources for IEI-Fe vs. IEI-Ni ?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know this isn’t the most PC or flattering thing to say, but I think that the skills required to get along with dogs overlap those required to get along with SLE’s. Both live in the real world, both are very immediate, and both crave love and understanding and appreciate faithfulness and loyalty.
    lol you're not wrong like at all. Puppy/dog play is a turn off for me but I can see a SLE hunk being really into it if I scratch behind his ears and tell him what a good boy he is.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI-Attention-Whore

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lmao, I think it’s cute how serious they seem on the outside (or can, I know it doesn’t apply to all Istj’s), but it’s like a shell with a softer core, it’s fun when you penetrate it lol. I feel like it’s easy for me to see through the shell. It’s cute and endearing when their soft side shows and they get embarrassed. Honestly I can relate.
    See this post!

I don’t do any “penetrating “ I just get frustrated and leave.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s something about you— I’ve noticed we have similar interests/tastes in things but I have a feeling that if we had any closer contact we’d clash. That might not be true but I’m usually right when it comes to vibes. I’m gonna lean Delta NF because of that (if I’m EIE then we have similar strengths~).
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should note, I love all animals, including both cats and dogs, always have, but I was originally a cat person (though I could name many dog breeds). I transitioned to dog ownership after my first sinus surgery and finding out I'm very allergic to cats. I will always have a deep love for cats, but I think dogs are overall better pets, having owned both.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

lol you're not wrong like at all. Puppy/dog play is a turn off for me but I can see a SLE hunk being really into it if I scratch behind his ears and tell him what a good boy he is.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough! Honestly, I kind of want to be delta. I've been more politically invested recently and I think the way deltas approach things is smart.

I shared some lengthy questionnaire vids and got typed as IEI-Ni with strong Ti, which I tend to agree with. Strong Ti has been brought up A LOT when people spend enough time observing/interacting with me it seems, but I doubt it shows much in how I communicate in these forums, which is often quite light I definitely value both Ti and Se too, which gave further leverage to IEI, although I will admit I feel I also have fairly strong Si or value it.

And lol, hard to say for certain if we'd get along in person. I'm fairly friendly, but I'm also pretty selective in my friendships , time spent outside of work, school etc. with people

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    There’s something about you— I’ve noticed we have similar interests/tastes in things but I have a feeling that if we had any closer contact we’d clash. That might not be true but I’m usually right when it comes to vibes. I’m gonna lean Delta NF because of that (if I’m EIE then we have similar strengths~).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast