Thread: Valuing your "unvalued" functions

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valuing your "unvalued" functions

What's been your experience in valuing your unvalued functions? I theorize that there's a difference between your use of an unvalued function & your perception of how others actually use it.

Some might go & value their unvalued functions to "break the monotony" or some might do so as a learning exercise.

I pretty much do neither but I'm interested jn the topic, anyway

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can emulate Fe good enough to pass for Fe creative, IEI.
    Problem is, I find doing this suffocating and I develop a rather intense loathing for people who make me feel like I must use it to be on good terms. Also makes me physicaly sick nowadays, dizzy spells and nausea.
    I neither respect nor trust people when I feel stuck doing Fe around them.
    I've had quite a few important figures in my life who were Fe and I had a rather love/hate relationship with them and this function, they likely don't know from what they said. Or they do, idc.
    Pretty sure culture plays, peeps quite like gushy demonstrativeness around here.

When people say I'm IEI it's like they are disregarding the years of efforts and sleepless nights I put into understanding and emulating it, I'm a stubborn shit. I mean, I know they don't know, still frustrating.
    Also put the charge of explaining on my shoulders and I'm not necessarily interested in doing that.

I have an "algorithm" for it based on if-then situations, it's like computer programing. I'm rather angry with it these days.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value my Fi a lot and my EIE friend says that I look for Te in everybody. And just earlier today I was with said EIE + 1 SLE and I could tell that the SLE reacted way more strongly to my Fe because it was actually infused with tons of FI.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms, don't like using it myself or being expected to use it. I like using Se to a small extent but hate going overboard with it or its use by others. Ti I don't really think about much. Ni I sometimes play around with briefly but don't take too seriously, find it weird when someone does.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Ni when I need to approach a problem from a different perspective, or when I need to make a serious decision about what to do. The way I use Ne isn't really productive -- it gives me a sense of perspective, possible options, and (usually unwarranted) optimism, but it doesn't actually spur on any activity itself. When I need to take physical action, especially radically different action, that's when Ni becomes active. It's like the inverse of Ne; where Ne is expansive, with Ni impressions and images of possible futures "appear," seem hollow, and eventually only one good path is left, which I see I should follow.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I can emulate Fe good enough to pass for Fe creative, IEI.
    Problem is, I find doing this suffocating and I develop a rather intense loathing for people who make me feel like I must use it to be on good terms. Also makes me physicaly sick nowadays, dizzy spells and nausea.
    I neither respect nor trust people when I feel stuck doing Fe around them.
    I've had quite a few important figures in my life who were Fe and I had a rather love/hate relationship with them and this function, they likely don't know from what they said. Or they do, idc.
    Pretty sure culture plays, peeps quite like gushy demonstrativeness around here.

When people say I'm IEI it's like they are disregarding the years of efforts and sleepless nights I put into understanding and emulating it, I'm a stubborn shit. I mean, I know they don't know, still frustrating.
    Also put the charge of explaining on my shoulders and I'm not necessarily interested in doing that.

I have an "algorithm" for it based on if-then situations, it's like computer programing. I'm rather angry with it these days.
    That sucks

Fe can be annoying as h*ll if its too strong. Difficult to find Fe authentic when its overused. Social expectations needs to f*ck off sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I use Ni when I need to approach a problem from a different perspective, or when I need to make a serious decision about what to do. The way I use Ne isn't really productive -- it gives me a sense of perspective, possible options, and (usually unwarranted) optimism, but it doesn't actually spur on any activity itself. When I need to take physical action, especially radically different action, that's when Ni becomes active. It's like the inverse of Ne; where Ne is expansive, with Ni impressions and images of possible futures "appear," seem hollow, and eventually only one good path is left, which I see I should follow.
    I'm strong in Si/Te. I don't value either & have no desire to ever use 'em. Interestingly, Fi/Ne are my weak, unvalued functions & I find pretty decent for them every once & a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms, don't like using it myself or being expected to use it. I like using Se to a small extent but hate going overboard with it or its use by others. Ti I don't really think about much. Ni I sometimes play around with briefly but don't take too seriously, find it weird when someone does.
    Yeah. Im figuring if I'm gonna get some form of Fi/Ne it might be from an IEI. IEI values neither but strong in both. Maybe.

Went in to this thread with one perspective. Got another perspective now. Thanks, mates

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms
    same here with Se, gimmie that Se demo
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The resulting output or actions from someone or certain types of information can be valued or dismissed by a type. However, terms such as 'unvalued' or "ignored" are rather imprecise when describing lacks of certain processing perspectives, preferences and or priorities within information control systems. Valuing the unvalued increases even further the ambiguity that already exists in Socionics terminology.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"valued" means it's _more_ pleasant and interesting for you to deal with

You need all 8 function for the life and skills there.
    Some of those skills mb developed and used more than average for your type. For example, when you choose an occupation or a fun in regions significantly related to weak nonvalued functions.

Se types fit not good to Socionics, but they exist on forums.
    I have unusual for my type the degree of interest to esoterics, what mainly relates to Ni.
    There can be personal traits besides Jung types, including inborn ones, which predispose to skills and interests to an activity in weak nonvalued regions. Some of my ancestors had an entertainment there, and also mb some of them were priests.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I started “valuing” my unvalued function was because of outside pressure to conform/use them constantly. Really tricked myself into believing I actually like/want those functions until I broke down.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MindFreak420 View Post
    The reason I started “valuing” my unvalued function was because of outside pressure to conform/use them constantly. Really tricked myself into believing I actually like/want those functions until I broke down.
    I'd kinda say that's important. It's awesome that you're SEI someone who can breathe Si and Fe into the world & be stoked about it. Being your authentic self is the way to go.

Gotta admit actually using Ne, throughout the day sucked. Being Se-dom, "valuing" Ne or Si is like betrayal. Being Ti-creative, I can "value" Fi & not feel like a f'ing dork about it.

Guess you never know till you try it out & not end up puking afterward.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    same here with Se, gimmie that Se demo
    Stop pressuring my precious - Se, I assume.

Yeah, I usually prefer to handle this without direct help.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    What's been your experience in valuing your unvalued functions? I theorize that there's a difference between your use of an unvalued function & your perception of how others actually use it.

Some might go & value their unvalued functions to "break the monotony" or some might do so as a learning exercise.

I pretty much do neither but I'm interested jn the topic, anyway
    I don't think unvalued functions are literally unvalued, I'd say they're just lower in priority.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My, despite a gale force rapid livewire heart attack explosion My passion meter can charge santa clause up the chimney, I really suck terribly at Fi. It's more like relating to people, being considerate, choosing to go by sentiments rather than points earned. I think I use much intuition for heightening My soulful experience, and yet I'm no C3P0 human cyborg relations.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    That sucks

Fe can be annoying as h*ll if its too strong. Difficult to find Fe authentic when its overused. Social expectations needs to f*ck off sometimes
    Your Fe is actually pretty annoying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this mixup is most likely to occur in the Superego, which is the sphere of societal expectations. This can skew a person's "values" to pressure them to look for the things they think they should be looking for to fulfill their social role.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimately I think there are things people do that I value for my own quadra reasons. An Fe ego type, for example, can do something I value if it aligns with my prerogatives. For instance if they give me information that pertains to my own vision and/or values. It's not that I value their functions, but their functions can support something I value.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can value Se sometimes, I'd like to be better at it or have more of it or whatever that means, I'd just like to not be so Se deficient. But it's the expectation for me to be good at Se that kills me, I grew up in a very Se demanding environment and developed a huge insecurity about it, I'm glad socionics shed some light on that.

I like my own Ti alot, its a nice burn in my brain, but I hate hate hate people's expectations for me to be clued in to whatever is consumed in their Ti, the expectation that I am supposed to be up to snuff with whatever super technical detail they are all clued in about or I'm the dumbest mfer they've ever seen, drives me freaking insane. Why would I know anything about this cut me some fxking slack geez, is my first thought, the criticism kills me and just seems plain unfair, I can't win. It's like walking a tight rope, say something inaccurate, or fail to know some super detailed fact and BOOM forever casted an idiot.

I also like my Ni, but I do not like it at the cost of my Ne. I like being able to rely on the cause and effect of things, being comfortable in my predictions of something, but it's often more a game than serious ( like usually being able do a 5 count and predict when a red light turns green), when it is serious though I also can enjoy it, but I do not like it attempting to gloss over all my Ne possibilities in order to zone in on the most probable outcome, that bores the crap outta me. It's like "Stop paying attention to all these interesting things that excite you and pay attention to this more obvious thing that you've seen a million times before, and get excited about it!" feels like a complete drag when people try to do that to me. Or when people try to reduce something interesting into some more ordinary thing, "this video game you like so much is just X with Y sprinkled in" my first thought is "Ok!, Idgaf, Let me enjoy the game, thank you!." It is super mentally stimulating for me to dream up a ton of possibilties, like I'm working a brain muscle, and Ni can sometimes just kill that stimulation. But despite this my favorite kind of artwork is Ni artwork, mostly because my Ne can spend hours trying to interpret it and never really know what it's all abut, while Ne artwork is very simple to interpret.

When Ne's watching a movie Ni's spoiling the movie.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-10-2022 at 03:01 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's impossible really, but the winds of real life need to reveal to you what is really important. It's easy to be ho-hum 'I can value something I really actually don't' in the ambivalent mists of internet wishing. IRL who you are is revealed. Maybe you need better stakes to know what you would tackle in the moment and what you wouldn't.

you seem to make threads like these a lot, which come across like you are Delta mistyped as Beta. They kinda reek of Delta we-can-be-anything-ness.

I don't know why you do this- maybe some of the Delta criticisms on here have been too strong- this place has a heavy Fe valuing bias I think, the owner values Fe- many mods have been alpha or beta etc. maybe we made all Deltards sound like fun-hating prudes and Beta is known to be cool and sexy even if we're evil and who doesn't wanna be cool. I have no idea- I'm just speculating, but I don't like when people play this 'what if' game. It's too Ne. I don't like when Alphas do the Ne thing either really on the forum. What if I was straight? But I'm not- so deal with it.

What if Donald Trump wasn't your president? But he was- even though it annoyed SJWs. We could go on and on and on with this. What if my dad didn't have cancer and was still here? What if World of Wacraft was still a fun game to play and was more respectful of your time? What if Teal Swan wasn't a money hungry narcisisstic bitch? What if I didn't have Te polr and got over myself and made a lot of money and got the fame and attention of young teenage girls and hunky gay dudes everywhere?

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    It's impossible really, but the winds of real life need to reveal to you what is really important. It's easy to be ho-hum 'I can value something I really actually don't' in the ambivalent mists of internet wishing. IRL who you are is revealed. Maybe you need better stakes to know what you would tackle in the moment and what you wouldn't.

you seem to make threads like these a lot, which come across like you are Delta mistyped as Beta. They kinda reek of Delta we-can-be-anything-ness.

I don't know why you do this- maybe some of the Delta criticisms on here have been too strong- this place has a heavy Fe valuing bias I think, the owner values Fe- many mods have been alpha or beta etc. maybe we made all Deltards sound like fun-hating prudes and Beta is known to be cool and sexy even if we're evil and who doesn't wanna be cool. I have no idea- I'm just speculating, but I don't like when people play this 'what if' game. It's too Ne. I don't like when Alphas do the Ne thing either really on the forum. What if I was straight? But I'm not- so deal with it.

What if Donald Trump wasn't your president? But he was- even though it annoyed SJWs. We could go on and on and on with this. What if my dad didn't have cancer and was still here? What if World of Wacraft was still a fun game to play and was more respectful of your time? What if Teal Swan wasn't a money hungry narcisisstic bitch? What if I didn't have Te polr and got over myself and made a lot of money and got the fame and attention of young teenage girls and hunky gay dudes everywhere?

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

what if we never asked what if?