Thread: Role models

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Role models

Did you have any role models, or any people you particularly respected while growing up? How did they influence your life?

I think mine were mostly ILEs.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Did you have any role models, or any people you particularly respected while growing up? How did they influence your life?

I think mine were mostly ILEs.
    Eventually all rolemodels I had as a child turned out to be only human and therefore flawed. Once the rose colored glasses are off and I'm able to think critically about something or someone, I move on from that rolemodel because there is nothing more learn.
    Currently, I have no particular person I'm looking up to. At best I admire a certain trait or method of someone (at work for ex.) that will be useful to me if I adopt it. Or I find a book with an interesting concept that is worth integrating into my life and worldview.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I draw a blank when I'm asked to think of role models I had, BUT i thought I'd be like Kristy Swanson when I got older and look in the mirror and imagine being her while pulling up to school in my red convertible. So there u go.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had a role model that I idealised in any particular sense. I've always seen people as people, and we are fallible creatures, of course. I do, however, try to utilise the knowledge I get from my father, who's I guess the closest thing that I can count as a role model. He's LSE, and me being Te HA, I really appreciate his advice and helpfulness with a lot of things. I guess I could say that I respect him a lot in that regard and he's influenced me to be more organised and conscientious.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instead of really wanting to embody anyone I just pick out qualities and instead of purely relying on their advice I prefer to craft my own. The whole universe seems like synthesis of things people are no different although much more applicable than trees or coffee mugs.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I may be seen with traits of LSI. my father has this type, so this could to influence on me
    in early childhood up to ~12 years I could be seen as more emotional in Fe sense, what mb the influence of ESE mother

it's not about respect. it's more influence of meaningful people, than consciouse respect. I liked personally my grandfather more than parrents, but he died near my 12 yo age. in other case mb I'd got lesser from father and more from him. his type could be LSE and that would be better for me

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have role models, but I had (and still have) a lot of respect for three people:

* Ernest Shackleton: Stranded Antarctic explorer who (along with his crew) survived and found his way back.

* Vơ Nguyên Giáp: Vietnamese Communist general who defeated the armies of Japan, France, the USA, and China.

* Michael Faraday: Blacksmith, born into a life poverty, who became one of the greatest scientists of all time in spite of receiving almost no formal education.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like more the idea of having a twin and copy each others in right and wrong... but sometimes I look at some art pieces (movies especially) and their atmosphere hits me so hard that I try to embody that atmosphere in my being. years ago I saw an Antonioni movie and there was this nun, I remember I went on a long time enacting that nun

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't look at people and go like "this is my role model!" but I let people inspire me. I don't let myself go like "they're only human" because while love makes you blind, love also conquers all. I try not to copy people but I can't reject the idea of being influenced despite possibly feeling unoriginal on an existential level because when you look at artists with no influences, they're just crazy people with a talent at best, not even Van Gogh crazy but painting on asylum walls with blood and Crayola for people to find after they're dead crazy.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually fictional or historical figures like Horatio Hornblower and Robert E Lee who were huge role models to me when I was a teenager. Currently I find close friends to be role models as I'm very picky with friends and wouldn't get close to someone I didn't highly respect and admire.

My role models help me be more lawful good and less chaotic neutral as my natural disposition leads me to be lol

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was this phase where my dad was both really good at answering virtually any fact-related question I asked, and he was cracking great jokes constantly. I think I internalized that a lot more deeply than I'd realized at the time. The "internalize a lot of facts" phase only stopped recently, but I never stopped making some effort to be witty. Or at least I never stopped shitposting.