ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire

It is time for battle typing.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is that which is pleasing to the senses, typically visual in nature.
    It is typically associated with symmetry, elegance, and purity.
    Since people can rarely remain satisfied, standards of beauty are constantly changing.
    Love has practical origins. People want to have sex and subconsciously look for a partner
    whom they can have healthy and balanced kids with. After that is fulfilled, they want companionship,
    to stave off loneliness, and some may seek to leverage the relationship for other benefits whether it be
    money or social status. In the rare case that a relationship can get past these basal instincts,
    love can inspire the deepest of emotional connections. Whether this is a goal, a separate entity, or a
    byproduct of such basal instincts depends on your cynicism and belief in the sublime.

2. What are your most important values?

Truth. Everything else is of lesser importance. Along these lines, I believe that honesty and loyalty
    is important. Without honesty, there can be no truth. Without loyalty, there can be no trust.
    I believe that we should remain true to our beliefs and make sure that these align with reality,
    the truth of the matter.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I am not spiritual or religious. I find such talks incredibly boring and I cannot even entertain the idea without getting bored.
    Religion is a cope. Part of religion is a way for people to cope with the inevitability of death. Part of it is a way for us
    to cope with factors beyond our control, a desperate plea for retribution, wishful thinking. Sometimes religion or spirituality
    has useful insights from pure intuition which unfortunately gets buried from the lack of persuasiveness that comes from reason
    and evidence. Such insights are frustrating for people because they seem true but one is unable to prove why they think it is true
    or that the reasoning is so subjective that it is unable to be communicated to someone else. In other cases, the belief is just
    plainly wrong. Without a reasonable way to deny or make progress, all that is left is blind faith. Generally speaking, I see
    religion as a scourge.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Might does not make right. The most powerful entities are also the most wasteful. By the maximum power principle, those
    who maximize power end up dominating their portion of the world. The most efficient and self-sufficient end up getting
    harvested by those with higher ambitions. Unable to control their own greed, they die out after having consumed everything in their way.
    Once they are gone, it opens the way for the more harmonious beings to thrive again. That is, until the ambitious strike again.
    I don't see war or militaries as going away. We will wage war on everything until we are winners of the graveyard.

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

In truth, I do not have long conversations. I have monologues or short, pointed conversations. I am interested in anything that captures
    my attention and that which inspires me. As boring as it sounds, much of my attention is devoted to academics, specifically
    mathematics and statistics. I try to maintain an interest in philosophy but reading it is not terribly exciting.
    I have a minor interest in analyzing films.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I am not terribly interested in health or medicine. It is a weak point of mine as I don't think I am all that healthy.
    I do not focus on my body. My way in maintaining health is mainly through abstinence. I do not drink alcohol or smoke.
    I do not take drugs. I limit my calorie intake. However, I do not exercise as much as I would like and I recognise that
    I am not completely in touch with my body.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

They are bothersome.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Some books I liked were: The Stranger, Catch 22, lots of books by Kafka. Some movies I liked include Die Hard, Robocop,
    Dawn of the Dead (1978), Taxi Driver (1976). Generally speaking, I like my fiction to be in the modern setting.
    No science fiction. Science fiction gives the wrong idea that society will become much more technologically advanced, whether it is
    utopian or dystopian. The only times when I am fine with science fiction is if the setting is still very much modern and the film is
    discussing the role of technology in society. High fiction tires me and I prefer a grave tone. Apocalypse fiction is also welcome.
    Besides that, I read a lot of nonfiction books and like watching documentaries.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

My ex made me cry a lot. Genuinely funny things get me to smile. But it is rare that I smile.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

First, it is a requirement that I have an empty stomach. I feel at one with the environment when I am alone in a
    scenic place, with a breeze blowing at my face. It does not have to be within nature, buildings with unique moods also apply.
    I hang out in public parks, empty parking lots, and empty buildings.

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I am not confident enough and I give up easily. I often do not have the mental fortitude to persist in something that I hate doing
    even if it is a requirement for something that I actually want to do. I am quite lazy and do not live up to people's expectations.
    I would rather make a lowball estimate of myself than try to improve.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I like that I am very independent. I do not yield to peer pressure. I can be the only person to disagree with something
    and I would not flinch. I like that I am introspective and possess great self-knowledge. I have been told that I am very thorough
    with my work and that my explanations are very detailed.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I need help in acting out my desires. I need a whip and carrot because my body will not act fast enough on its own.
    I also need someone who truly believes in me and will love me despite my many flaws.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it

Yes, right now. I feel dissatisfied that I am not doing enough because the situation is not urgent enough to act immediately.
    I can sense urgency yet I am also complacent. I do not feel inspired and I am looking for new impressions. I seek to expand
    the range of my thoughts and experiences.

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I really hate arrogant people and I hate people who will not think for themselves but seek an authority figure to do the thinking for them.
    Actually, there are way too many qualities that I hate seeing in people and I really cannot list them all here.
    However, I am actually a fairly forgiving person and I will not hate you for having a few qualities that I hate seeing unless you have
    personally wronged me. I like pleasant, intelligent, and genuine people.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I am extremely nervous in these matters and it takes me a very long time to trust a person completely.
    I like a person who is confident in sexual matters and will take the initiative. I also need them to
    constantly check up on me and tell me they love me. In fact, just telling me is not enough.
    They have to show it too. I'm a very needy person. I also like a person who has many events planned
    and won't hesitate to invite me or get offended if I turn out to be too busy for it. Someone with many
    hobbies and interests and lots of energy.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I will not raise a child.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I am disappointed at the friend. I tell the friend that I am disappointed.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I am but a pawn within society. I see people as living very unfortunate lives and I feel sorry for most of them. I think that
    society has misplaced values. We value money over everything, when money ought not to be a concern over true issues. People like to think that
    we achieved this much because of society. I think that we have achieved this much in spite of it. Society holds us back.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I do not find many people so the initial contact is usually through chance. I do ultimately make the decision whether to continue seeing
    someone as a friend or not. I behave as I usually do, but I might also be in a more lively and jovial mood around them.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I behave as I usually do.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this could be used as a template for ILI. I don't know what to make of it in terms of ITR but I think many industrial music artists that I like are ILI.