Threaded View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype Functional Strength Discussion

I made this thread to put an end to my contemplation of a certain issue. I have browsed the forum for the answer to this question and I have not been satisfied as of yet.

The issue/question is: What is the effect of subtypes(leading vs creative function subtypes) on functional strength?

Simplification of my train of thoughts:
    My thoughts are similar to that of the inert/contact system. So yes, I do think that subtypes do affect functional strength. For example, I think that being a leading function subtype/inert function subtype boosts your base/leading function, mobilizing function, POLR function, and ignoring function. My reason for thinking this way was the Jungian interpretation on functional strengths where the boosting of an introverted function boosts the corresponding extroverted function (i.e boosting introverted thinking boosts extroverted thinking) and vice versa. However, I thought about something which prevents me fully going with this inert/contact system as my going interpretation of subtypes. What if we took into consideration function/information element charges? Boosting +Ti would also boost -Te which would be in line with Jung's thoughts. So for example, the ESTp-Ti would have boosted +Ti/-Te and since they are boosting the -Te, they could be suppressing their +Te because they might approach all matters that require usage of extroverted thinking use -Te instead of +Te. As a result they not only devalue +Te/-Ti, but also the suppress the strength of the function. So using these thoughts, it would mean the leading function subtype boosts the base function, mobilizing function, Demonstrative function, and Role function while being the creative function subtype boosts the creative function, suggestive function, ignoring function and POLR. I mean this would make sense considering the ILI-Te is known to be more "sociable" than the ILI-Ni (boosted -Fe/+Fi, POLR) and "tries to be knowledgeable in a variety of issues" (+Ne/-Ni, ignoring/observing) while ILI-Ni takes on more research and academia with "fundamental developments", good erudition, and known "tireless researcher" (development of logical axioms/fundamentals for a field is very -Ti/+Te, Demonstrative). ILI-Ni's are also very good at working at a constant pace leaving them with having a comfortable and convenient life (boosts +Si/-Se, Role) though they have hopes of a very prosperous life (boosted valuation of +Se/-Si, Suggestive) enhanced with their boosted +Ni/-Ne.

Go ahead and share your thoughts. It would be much appreciated.

P.S: Saying functional strength is not affected by subtypes is a valid answer opinion to elaborate on. However, I will ignore comments that say there is no such thing as subtypes (mainly because that should be the discussion of a separate thread). So naturally, elaborations that say that functional strength is not affected by subtypes because there is no such thing as subtypes will also be ignored.
    Last edited by Investigator; 09-23-2019 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Simple Corrections