Whenever we think of Ne it's always focused one 'ideas, creativity, perspectives' blah blah blah blah ... this overly positive description is hardly any help when trying to understand the function, let alone understanding how it plays out in each type, because if we're being honest we manifest the negative aspects more often.

So in the spirit of bringing negativity to the forum, I want to show how this function manifests in the real world, warts and all!

I'll go first.

*For a bit of context, "my friend" is an attention seeking weirdo i.e. extravagant dressing. This is all done in an attempt to be "different".*

I have a long time "friend" (she ain't a friend) who I saw on the weekend at an event. It was all good however, communication quickly turned shady then, into outright insults. Keep in mind her mode of attack is very direct and she likes to dress in a way that causes a reaction.

As she was insulting me I just looked into her eyes and said with pure non-nonchalance "I know quite a few people like you, personality and dress wise."

It was as if someone had slapped her so hard she was stuck in slow motion because she didn't expect that from me, she's using to the insults and harsh words as a form of attack and she expected me to comment on her dressing... but I didn't. Anyway, she was fixated on what I said. "what do you mean? how? who's like me? what are they like?" she asked, I literally rocked her whole world and shattered her 'essence' because she's built her self esteem on being 'different'.

I would put this down to Ne for the sheer fact I was able to see her motives and go straight in for a clean sweep.

Basically, I can summarise the negative aspect of Ne as seeing what people truly want psychologically and not giving it to them.

What are your experiences, do you concur?