User Tag List

Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hello

Hi, this is my third attempt to become part of a Socionics/MBTI community. The first couple (r/mbti and r/intp) were fairly biased and filled of stereotypes; but this forum (and socionics in general) seems promising. I currently identify as a LII-Ne.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, we certainly don't have any biased or stereotypical people here. Thank goodness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

stereotypes is about common
    Socionics has the similar approach as MBTI. mainly it adds IR theory to Jung's typology

I recommend you to get opinions about your type in a typing theme with your videointerview. this may help, as mistakes in own types seems to be ~50% and more of data may help to understand yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion. Makes sense; I'm a little hesitant to share a video footage right now (security reasons I guess) but I'll give it a go once I feel comfortable.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by triky17 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Makes sense; I'm a little hesitant to share a video footage right now (security reasons I guess) but I'll give it a go once I feel comfortable.
    I used to be like that. I adopted the attitude, though, that Google already knows pretty much everything about me: since anyone I’d be worried about having my personal data already has it or access to it, why be reluctant to share it with people I don’t mind having it?

From what I’ve said on these forums, anyone curious could probably piece together where I live, where I go to school, and perhaps my name and the names of my family. And I’ve let out this information semi-privately to people here anyway. But what are they going to do with it, you know? The only reason I don’t advertise it is there’s no need to, and if other web trackers and crawlers want my information, I feel they should have to work a little for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I wasn't talking about the users there (I'm biased myself, so I would never say something like that with contempt). More about the type-related content/descriptions that were being posted there (e.g. intuitive bias). As you pointed out, I'm sure the users here are biased in their own way; but the content feels fresh for now so I'll absorb it until I develop my subjective sense of type bias of the community here.