Thread: Logically rationalize God

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    But, lightning is proof of Zeus. Checkmate atheī!
    Not that it matters, but the plural would be "atheoi". "i" is the Latin masculine nominative/vocative plural ending of the second declension. "Theos" is from Greek, and while you got the declension, gender, number, and case right, you got the wrong language. ツ
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

TIM
    ESE FVLE tyrant
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Not that it matters, but the plural would be "atheoi". "i" is the Latin masculine nominative/vocative plural ending of the second declension. "Theos" is from Greek, and while you got the declension, gender, number, and case right, you got the wrong language. ツ
    I got the right language. If I wanted to speak Latin, I'd say lightning is proof of Jupiter.

TIM
    ESE FVLE tyrant
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    More seriously, atheī is valid Latin and both checkmate atheoi and checkmate ἄθεοι look wrong to me aesthetically, but maybe we could ask the hoi polloi if you think that's an issue.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910